5.0 out of 5 stars Great little capo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 9 months ago by Ffawydden Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little capo, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
This is a fantastic capo! Forget any of those horrible elastic things or the clothes-peg style that put too much pressure on the strings and usually pull them out of tune. I was a great fan (and still am I guess) of the shub capos which are similar. You can turn the little screw to put just enough pressure on the strings so they don't buzz. Its not quite as fast to move/change as the clothes-peg style but a lot more accurate. its also really nicely engineered and feels like it will last quite a while.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
I bought this capo and it works really well. However, after a couple of weeks the lower rubber came off and disappeared. Ok, I thought, I'll just order another. I tried the G7 web site to no avail. I then tried the distributor who said they didn't do replacements but would ask the manufacturer and get back to me. I tried twice and never got a response. It seems ridiculous to have to buy a new capo (and these ones are not cheap!) for the sake of 50p's worth of rubber, but this appears to be what I'll have to do. Why on earth don't they just sell replacements on their web site like they do for most of their other capos?! I won't be buying another G7.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too smasl, made for 1/2 size or uke maybe?, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
I bought the standard acoustic capo having tried a friends and loved it but its far too small for my acoustic, and barely big enough for 3/4 classical with a very narrow neck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful device, 23 May 2014
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
This is an elegant product which is good for electric guitar too.
The adjustment screw is invaluable and overall it is very compact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
As the owner of a Classic G7 capo I was not surprised that the engineering of this version is exemplary. A lovely slim design which is easy to attach to the guitar and remove. What's more you can fiddle with the knurled knob when it's in position - something owners of an alternative make seem to like to do - giving the ability to adjust the tightness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I even hoped, 16 Aug 2013
Mr. R. W. Tracey "rickytracey2" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
I always thought a slightly muted sound was just part & parcel of using a capo until I pulled the trigger on a G7th Newport. I've tried most brands in the past & have been a loyal user of Shubb for years. The G7th Newport works in a similar way to the shubb but feels much lighter yet more sturdy. It doesn't seem to use as much clamping force as the Shubb but certainly applies enough.

The part that presses against the stings is very narrow and the whole design allows the vibrations to be transferred up the neck much more than a normal capo, you can actually feel the difference as well as hear it. The stings sound almost open regardless of which fret you place the Capo on.

If you've got a good Guitar(s) & use a Capo often then this is a absolute must have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect - just wish it fitted on headstock!, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
Lighter, more accurate pressure applied by means of the adjustable control on the bottom. More out of the way than ever and has the ability to keep your guitar in tune up the neck. Easy one handed operation (see their video on YouTube). Premium feel and quality. Would have given 5 stars if it fits on the headstock like the original G7th.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 10 April 2013
The Newport Capo is great
Easy to use, and a nice tight grip on the strings all the way up the fret board. Impressive build quality when compared to cheaper makes I've used in the past.
Honestly I can't think of a single fault with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great capo, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
This is a great capo. It's much lighter than previous model,which I also have. It looks to be very well made. Delivery was very fast and overall delighted with my purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars G7 Newport Guitar Capo, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo (Electronics)
A smooth elegantly designed capo which, while it has not released me from my search for the perfect capo, is probably one of the best, combining the virtues of the ease of action and firmness of the Shubb with the ultra lightness of the Planet Waves capos. Personally, I feel it need not have been quite so light as there can sometimes be slight rotation of the angle which may be related to the narrowness of the bar, which might be better with a width closer to G7's Performance capo.
It is not so easy/quick to remove as the Performance. I find this particularly when I use it the opposite way round to normal in order to partially capo the top five strings - in that case the open side is on top and the smoothness of the profile means there is not an obvious point to unclip it - the thumb just glides over the clip as the locked position is very close to the guitar neck. The lock is not so positive as it is with a Shubb so that sometimes it is not certain that it is locked.
However, overall it works well and tends to be the one I now keep in my pocket.

G7TH Newport Acoustic Capo