5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set of Headphones
High quality, Sennheiser headphones that offer up an excellent gaming experience. The clarity of the 13-year olds discussing my mother is fantastic. I can hear every expletive, every insult, every jeer, and I can respond in kind should I wish using the equally top-notch microphone.

I used these headphones with the "new" xbox, usually while playing badly on FIFA.
Published on 17 Mar 2012 by J. P. Ellison

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality mic
Published 9 months ago by Frog Kitten

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set of Headphones, 17 Mar 2012
J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sennheiser Over-Ear Gaming Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone and Dual Volume Control for Xbox 360 - Black/Green (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for intended purpose... not bad at all for bodging with other devices, 8 Dec 2011
bomble "bomble" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It would be fair to say I am quite loyal to sennheiser - I have bought at least 10 sets of senn phones over the years either for my own use or as gifts. So the well defined sound and decent build quality came as no surprise. I mostly use HD280pro headphones for their passive noise reduction and fine detail so it has been a nice reminder with these 320s that open-backed headphones offer a pleasing sense of space and they are light and comfortable for prolonged use (my 280s can get a bit clammy inside!). They also look pretty good to my eye.

I've never been much of a fan of bass boost so I am not surprised that I am less than thrilled with this function. Not a criticism of these phones particularly - just the concept of reshaping the sound profile. Perhaps for serious gamers this is a necessary punch but if you want bass you are best doing it with something other than headphones IMO.

The cabling, as others have indicated, is a bit of a mess. But it did allow me to experiment and I have managed quite easily to use these with my PC and other sources (though I have not tested the microphone in these configurations).

Having amplified sound and a handy volume control makes these a good choice for listening to smaller devices although you'll need to find a usb power source to do it.

I think it is a bit cheeky mentioning noise cancellation in the microphone details as these are not noise cancelling headphones per say. Caveat emptor. But it is also possible to use these - at least as headphones and quite probably microphone - in non xbox devices if you have any confidence in audio connectivity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 16 Sep 2013
A great product, very comfortable but it's a shame it doesn't come with all the wiring required to use them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality mic, 21 Oct 2013
Great sound quality from this headset, and it is comfortable enough to wear for long gaming sessions. However the one big let down I found was the mic. Friends complained I sounded very quiet, and that my voice was cutting in and out and I had annoying buzzing when it the mic was switched on. My friend had bough the same headset around the same time as me and has been suffering very similar issues. Needless to say this all makes for very frustrating multiplayer gaming.
Ended up replacing these with Turtle Beach x12s which have so far given me no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good headset, 22 Nov 2011
margesimpson "wifi" (sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used many headsets before and this is the best one so far. it has very good sound quality and has noise cancelation so you can listen to music in games with the mic on and no one will hear it. You can also turn on the bass enhancement which makes it sound much better (like having a boombox but without the noise going all over the house)

Its only fault is that it has alot of wiring, it has a usb you need to connect to the xbox for power, another one that u need to plug into the xbox 360 controller so you can talk and another that you need to plug into the tv for the sound.

overall..
pros:
great sound quality in games (great with cod ,you can here in multi directional surround sound and hear others coming closer, a definate advantage .and while listning to music
comfortable so gaming for long hours isnt a problem
great mic for chatting over xbox live

cons
alot of wiring which can easily get tangled up

5.0 out of 5 stars best value, 2 Feb 2014
Very happy with this item, even through just a few days after I got them they went down in price

5.0 out of 5 stars head set, 8 Jan 2014
really comfortable easy to adjust, just push the mic up and it switches off and they sound really good as well

5.0 out of 5 stars grate product, 31 Dec 2013
I bought them as present for my husband and he love it, they are comfortable to use with good clear sound, good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 25 Dec 2013
my son loves them they have great special effects really worth the money infact i would pay ,more thank you but delivry was poor

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser Headset, 31 Oct 2013
This is a fantastic product for the Xbox360 so simple to set up just plug it in and your good to go. Makes a massive difference to the way you play the game. Fantastic quality i cant praise this headset enough its a must buy