4.0 out of 5 stars good product but..
I only see the review about size after ordering it and I was disappointed. I have the same frame (proper 10") and I ordered another one as a present, but realised it's much smaller than what I have. Size in the description is misleading, also I didn't know the power plug is for EU rather than UK. Now I have to buy an adapter too.
Published on 25 April 2012 by Anu Joseph

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice frame but not 10". Unfriendly mains adaptor.
Published 23 months ago by Kung Fu Panda

4.0 out of 5 stars good product but.., 25 April 2012
Anu Joseph - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture - size deceptive, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Sony DPF-C1000 Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
This is a very nice product giving a lovely representation of your pictures but please be aware that the 10"+ that they describe is for the frame size (corner to corner) and not the screen size. This is deceptive and may dissappoint you. Not sure why they get away with this when if you buy a TV from the same manufacturer you are told the actual screen size.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice frame but not 10". Unfriendly mains adaptor., 28 April 2013
This review is from: Sony DPF-C1000 Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
The size is described in the listing as 10" (25.4cm). The size of the viewable area as measured diagonally (and according to Sony's own literature) is 9.2", which is quite a lot less. Unfortunately, the size is also shown incorrectly on Sony's website, so it is not surprising that some purchasers are disappointed unless they have also read Sony's own product specification in the user manual for this photo-frame.

This is a good frame in terms of image quality, but the functionality is fairly basic and, as others have noted, it does not have a random image display option.

The UK mains adaptor is of a truly bad design, being unusually wide and with the cable exiting at the side, so that if it is placed into a regular double socket or into a multi-way block, the adjacent sockets cannot be used for anything.

Am I happy with the frame? Yes, but only because I got mine second-hand and at a price about 75% lower than that at which it is currently listed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good picture but does not have a random image ability, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sony DPF-C1000 Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
This is the third electronic photo-frame that I have owned and I wanted to get one with a bigger picture. First impressions were pretty good the image is clear with good colour balance. However, I am sending this back. There is no random image view function. So you have to sit though all the pictures from one holiday or visit before you see any more pictures. I thought it had to be me just missing something in the instruction book so I phoned Sony's telephone helpline where a very pleasant lady informed me that indeed this was not a function that Sony's provides. I must admit to being mystified that a company like Sony could forget about what for many people would be such an important feature.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't stand the heat!, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Sony DPF-C1000 Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
The 10 inch thing is explained by the TV industrys convention of stating a screen size UP to the nearest inch /cm. If you check your 32/42 inch telly, it won't be in all probability!
The downside for me with this unit is its sensitivity to heat; I located it on a sidetable top which has a radiator behind it. Just 2 months later it stopped working with an intermitant does not switch on at all type fault.
The instructions warn about heat and moisture but really this was just a common room temperature (albeit near radiator)and it means it is severly limited in terms of location and prone to beibg destroyed by common room conditions. Looks great until it fails -AVOID!

Sony DPF-C1000 Digital Photo Frame