5.0 out of 5 stars Ronhill Women's Sports Jacket, 6 Aug 2012
Miss Tomlinson "AuroraLeigh" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ronhill Women's Aspiration Windlite Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I have to admit I didn't get this for running. I got it for work as it's a two mile walk with a 4kg laptop bag on my back so I wanted something lightweight that would be comfortable in the cool mornings yet breathable in the warmer afternoons (tested July 2012). So here are my thoughts:
FIT: I got the size 10 (I'm 5'3" and a size 10 in normal clothing) and it's a nice fit with plenty of room for manoeuvrability.
QUALITY: Well made with great lightweight fabric with a sturdy zip on the front, stiff enough so it doesn't flap when walking/running. Around the inner collar is a very thin fleece material for extra comfort when zipped up fully. It's made of ActiveLite fabric which according to the blurb makes it wind resistant but breathable which I would definitley agree with. It's so lightweight you bearly notice it's on. It also has DWR, Durable Water Repellent, though I haven't been rained on so I can't say whether it works but I see no reason why it wouldn't.
ADDITIONALS: It has a small security pocket, 13cm x 13cm approx, to the bottom left with a zip for keys/inhalers/mp3 players though it would get jiggled around a bit if you're running. The jacket also claims to be reflective but I've never worn it at night so couldn't really comment. However purple isn't really a reflective colour and the small silver reflective strips are too small to be of any use, especially the ones on the back if you're carrying a backpack. It is compatible with Ronhill Vizion LEDs if you have them. It also has a pull cord around the bottom.
CARE: Machine washable at 40 degrees, can be tumbled dryed and ironed if necessary. Can't be dry cleaned.

In closing the only thing I would be concerned about is if you're wearing it at night, not sure it would be reflective enough. Having said that it's a very good lightweight jacket for walking/running, it's a very nice shade of purple and looks great on and delivers on almost everything.

NB I payed 20 approx, though prices fluctuate all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars jacket, 28 Oct 2012
I like this Jacket, very light weight easy to pack away, so far has kept me dry in a down pour.I've worn it on warmer days and is easily wraperable around the waist I got a size 14 but could have gone a size smaller.Its a bit lacking in high viz. the sleeves are long but I like that if not wearing gloves. the only down side is the lack of pockets . there's a deepish one inside to stuff hat or gloves. The ONE pocket with zip on the outside is barely big enough to stash a tissue in and I prefer two pockets.There is a drawstring at the sides . And also some velcro on back not sure what that is for !A nice running jacket

ARRAY(0xb2b904a4)