on 8 May 2013
I am reading the whole series of Billionaire Bachelors, something I dont normally do has I find after first book in any series the others dont normally match up, well not in this case, all the books I have read in this series (I am on book 5) have been excellent, well thought out good content, and I have throughly enjoyed reading them.
on 5 April 2014
It's a fun idea where the father is desperate to have a big happy family and to see his sons settle down so he goes about matchmaking behind his sons' backs. He brings women he choses into situations where his sons will meet them.
Unlike the first 2 books, the son is not so unwilling this time and falls for a woman with a mysterious past and a son who has been hired to work on his ranch. There's more story and drama to this book than the previous two, it's not just boy meets girl, there's is some drama regarding her past.
I find the writing a bit corny at times and found myself cringing, and use of words such as womanhood and heat had me groaning but not for desired reasons. Really? womanhood?
on 4 February 2014
There's not much I can say about this series apart from you'll be hooked as soon as you start reading. I loved this one the most, I just think that it is so beautifully written and I instantly fell in love with Mark. They are very easy to read and quite short, but once you get into it you won't be able to put it down!
If you loved the first 2 you should definitely read this one.
on 6 May 2012
Read the first of the 3 books quite enjoyed it as a light read as long as you skip the mistakes then decided to read the following 2 unfortunately I felt I was re-reading the first book each time with a slight and I mean slight change in the characters and of course different names but the same senario each time which indeed followed the same story lines as the 3 poorly written Tycoon books. This book uses the same lines constantly as other of this writers books such as "the hero arched his eyebrows at her" and "he looked at her with hooded eyes". I also found it amazing that the two characters in each book had un-protected sex four or five times a day and the hero was "shocked to his heart" when after a month or so the woman he was bedding became pregnant and he decided to marry her. Really feel the story line in each of these books is repeated with the exact use of certain lines in each senario both in the Billionare Bachelors and in the Tyccom series. Think this may have been a case of cut and paste for each new book using parts from previous books. You may ask why I had all these books by this author so I will say that they were free and as I was expected to be immobile for a few weeks my daughters downloaded them for something for me to read while I was unable to get about. I did struggle and read them but actually found they were better than the sleeping pills I had used to send me off for a nice sleep. Now I am up and about I will not be adding any of this authors books again
on 24 November 2012
The third addition to the series and it keeps getting better.
The third brother to get married and start a family, an emotional encounter of the two people. Emily a sweet girl, was married and had a son, then her husband died an left her with nothing and her son to fend for.
She was running away from her ex husbands parents as they wanted to take custody of her son. She eventually got a job interview and took the job as a cook for the youngest son mark.
They found themselves attracted to each other instantly, with mark falling in love with her son.
As they spent more and more time together they eventually fell in love. But it didn't fall into place as the story entails a dramatic, heartbreaking, tale of them both

The story is a similar plot to the other two but all equal differences.
I didn't want to put it down!
Can't wait for the next!
on 14 March 2014
It's great to read a story line where the guy thinks he's not interested but he is secretly!

Joseph the matriach of the family certainly knows his children and who they will match as their mate. Wonderful story line and very pacey, could n't put the book down.
on 13 February 2014
What can I say about Melody Anne's books ... The characters are wonderfully written and each book is a little gem. I have read them all more than once and they are part of my permanent collection, I could not part with any of them now!
OK. For starters, this isn't as dire as the two tales I read before by this author, but admittedly, I picked this tale as there wasn't much choice in Kindle Freebies. It's as if the author has fixed some of the stilted dialogue that was prevalent in the other two tales, but the surrealism and corniness remain.

I'd barely started this when the male lead from TM'sD made an appearance, and true to form as in his own tale, came out with 'I'm the middle brother Alex and my incredibly sexy wife is getting the kids...' hmmm. Yeah, right, sooo realistic, and quoted verbatim, lack of punctuation and all. Which is why I abandonned Alex's tale only part-read.

And then we have Mark, the male lead in this tale, who's just mentioned that he's keeping one puppy out of a litter, yet when Emily's little boy cries, he immediately announces that he'd keeping all the puppies and we hear that he'd give the child a load of dollar bills if it would stop his tears. And 'if Mark saw a woman or child crying, all he wanted to do was fix the problem, no matter what'. Hmm, some kind of soppy s****r, then?

And then, instead of 'jeez, Mark', the author had 'geese, Mark' and then talking about a mare about to birth, Emily can't wait to see the new 'fowl'. Then we hear that the 'fowl' is in the right position. And Mark was trying to be 'tuff'.

I admit that I did read this til the end - a first for me with this author - and it wasn't too bad. If I ignored the very-obvious-red-herring-only-slightly-bad-guy-without-a-purpose that the author introduced, and the terrible ex-in-laws who were all mouth and no trousers, and the other baddie who was just chucked in for the ride...but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
on 24 January 2015
Melody Anne again weaves a story of a strong family and love with a twist. The heroine Emily on the run with her young son from a brutal and controlling set of in-laws who get their comeuppance in the end and the Anderson's. Hire to effort as a cook for three last son to marry Joseph Anderson sets the scene to ensure his last bachelor son is wed to the girl he has chosen for his playboy son.
Emily is accepted into the family of the ranch with gusto with Mark falling head over heels for Emily and her son Trevor. There is an interesting twist at the end of the story form a completely unexpected angle.
on 13 January 2014
I can't seem to put theses books down and I never want them to ND. I have bought the whole selection and I'm getting worried that I'm already half way through.