Lovestrong
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£5.99

on 21 September 2011
Christina Perri is perhaps best known for the her hit "Jar Of Hearts". I brought her album on the strength of that song and i was not dissapointed and you won't be to. The 12 track album features some truly amazing songs all wrote or co-wrote by Christina. She's been called the American Adele and i have to agree she has the voice and she has the same skill to write heartbreakingly great songs. I'll do a track by track review.

1.Bluebird: A great little opener not my favorite song but still a good one to get the album off to a brill start. 8/10

2.Arms: A great ballad about wanting to be in someone's arms and wanting to be with them. Christina's vocals are lovely, one of my faves 10/10

3.Bang Bang: An intresting one i didn't like the beat at the start but it really grew on me as soon as the chours came on. Its also quite up tempo. 9/10

4.Distance: Back to the ballads and this one is nice and her vocals are top notch as always. Another one of my faves damn this girl's getting to my heart lol 10/10

5.Jar Of Hearts: Evreyone knows this one, its a great song and made Christina. You might also recongise it from an episode of Glee where Lea Michele's Rachel belts it out at Prom. Although i love Glee and Lea i have to say i pefer Chrsitina's. A great song. 10/10

6.Mine: Another nice up tempo one. Not one of my faves but thats my opinion. Its still a great song though. 7/10

7.Interlude: An intesting one not really a song but kinda a mini break some may think its pointless but her vocals on this are hauntingly beautiful. Its great but as its so short im gonna give it a 6/10

8.Penguin: An intresting song alot of people list this as one of there faves and it really is beautiful. The meaning of the song is an intresting one someone's lover being there "Penguin" meaning soulmate.8/10

9.Miles: A beautiful acousitc ballad. Another one of my faves i say that alot but this is.The last line "Don't count the miles count the i love you's" is one of my fave lines 10/10

10.The Lonley: Such a sad sad but brilliant song, its sad to know someones been though so much pain to make this masterpeice of a song. I recomend this one. 10/10

11.Sad Song: With a title like this you know its gonna be sad and it is but at the same time its beautiful. 10/10

12.Tragedy: The last track and although not one of my faves its a good way to finish of a rather brilliant album. She does do a really great high note in this one though. 8/10

Well thats the end i loved this album i was listening to it while i typed this and i now feel a bit lonely now its finished. Its a brill album and i really do love it i hope well we will see more of Chrsitina. Buy it she's awersome and these are some great songs. By the way this review was written by a 14 year old. Thank you for reading :)
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 19 September 2011
What a beautiful voice Christina Perri has!

Her voice shows a wonderful range with her first CD being an easy-listening tracklist
with my faveourites being the stunning "Arms", sweet soulmate track "Penguin" , weird
and wonderful song "Bluebird" and the well known track "Jar of hearts"

Enjoy, fans of Adele, Taylor Swift, Kate Voegele, Beyonce.
Basically, Anyone will love it!
on 19 September 2011
Really loving this album, and only on my first listen through i felt the urge to write a good review for it. Lovely voice, well written songs. I especially love "the lonely".
Buy it :D
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a wonderful album, Christina Perri is undoubtedly very talented. 'Jar of Hearts' took my breath away when I first heard it (I listened to it over and over till I found the album), it is still one of my favourites on what is an extremely strong album. Each track has character, I love every song, there is not one that does not demand attention and an emotional response.

01 Bluebird (5*) "How the hell does a broken heart get back together when its torn apart? Teach itself to start beating again ba ba bah ba"
02 Arms (5*)"You put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go"
03 Bang Bang Bang (5*) "All my life you know I haven't been very lovestrong, there's been so many fights I've fought and I haven't won"
04 Distance (4*) "The sun is filling up the room and I can hear you dreaming"
05 Jar of Hearts (5*) "You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul. So don't come back for me, don't come back at all!"
06 Mine (5*) "Wait a minuet, I don't want you to know, it's the only way that I might grow"
07 Interlude (4*)
08 Penguin (5*) "Like a soul mate, he's your penguin, baby it's fate, not luck"
09 Miles (5*) "Remind that I'm older, to be brave smart sweet and bolder"
10 The Lonely (5*) "I'll sing myself a quiet lullaby, let you go and let the lonely in, to take my heart again"
11 Sad Song (5*) "Today I'm gonna write a sad, and make it really long that everyone can see that I'm very unhappy"
12 Tragedy (4*) "I won't be made a fool of, don't call this love"

This album has become one of my favourites, I listen to it as much as Adele's 21, Laura Marling's Alas I cannot Swim The Carpenter's Gold! Like those I love every song, there is not one which does not ooze excellence! Truly beautiful, stirring music which touches your soul.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 25 September 2011
After being enchanted with 'Jar of Hearts', I was excited to see what the rest of the album would bring and I was by no means disappointed. Christina's voice is amazing and the song lyrics are beautiful. Arms is another one of my favourites. I haven't been able to stop listening to this CD yet. Would highly recommend.
on 24 July 2011
WOW what an amazing voice & i was not dissapointed!! I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more of Christina.
on 20 January 2012
I bought this album having only heard 'Jar of Hearts' and knowing nothing else about Christina Perri. Many of the tracks have now become firm favourites on my playlist. Some are very upbeat, others slower and more melancholic, but all express true feeling.
on 6 July 2011
I bought this album on the strength of one song 'Jar Of Hearts', a strong ballad. The rest of the cd is a good mix of beats with several decent tracks. I think it is a good addition to my collection.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 5 August 2011
A lot of her pain has gone into this album but resulted in amazing songs. Buy it and play it every day. Fabulous
on 26 April 2012
I was tempted to buy this album after hearing one of the tracts on the radio. I didn't know anything about the artist or any of her other recordings. As usual I took a chance. I will be honest, after heraing the album for the first time I was disappointed, most of the tracks didn't really appeal to me, but my daughter just loved it. So being the best Mum in the world I let her play it again and again in the car. She also sent me the links to some of Christina's videos, which are amazing and give a little more meaning to the songs. I have reflected on my first impression having heard the album a few more times!! This album needs to be heard more than once and some tracts more than a dozen times according to my daughter.