Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 21 September 2011
Christina Perri is perhaps best known for the her hit "Jar Of Hearts". I brought her album on the strength of that song and i was not dissapointed and you won't be to. The 12 track album features some truly amazing songs all wrote or co-wrote by Christina. She's been called the American Adele and i have to agree she has the voice and she has the same skill to write heartbreakingly great songs. I'll do a track by track review.

1.Bluebird: A great little opener not my favorite song but still a good one to get the album off to a brill start. 8/10

2.Arms: A great ballad about wanting to be in someone's arms and wanting to be with them. Christina's vocals are lovely, one of my faves 10/10

3.Bang Bang: An intresting one i didn't like the beat at the start but it really grew on me as soon as the chours came on. Its also quite up tempo. 9/10

4.Distance: Back to the ballads and this one is nice and her vocals are top notch as always. Another one of my faves damn this girl's getting to my heart lol 10/10

5.Jar Of Hearts: Evreyone knows this one, its a great song and made Christina. You might also recongise it from an episode of Glee where Lea Michele's Rachel belts it out at Prom. Although i love Glee and Lea i have to say i pefer Chrsitina's. A great song. 10/10

6.Mine: Another nice up tempo one. Not one of my faves but thats my opinion. Its still a great song though. 7/10

7.Interlude: An intesting one not really a song but kinda a mini break some may think its pointless but her vocals on this are hauntingly beautiful. Its great but as its so short im gonna give it a 6/10

8.Penguin: An intresting song alot of people list this as one of there faves and it really is beautiful. The meaning of the song is an intresting one someone's lover being there "Penguin" meaning soulmate.8/10

9.Miles: A beautiful acousitc ballad. Another one of my faves i say that alot but this is.The last line "Don't count the miles count the i love you's" is one of my fave lines 10/10

10.The Lonley: Such a sad sad but brilliant song, its sad to know someones been though so much pain to make this masterpeice of a song. I recomend this one. 10/10

11.Sad Song: With a title like this you know its gonna be sad and it is but at the same time its beautiful. 10/10

12.Tragedy: The last track and although not one of my faves its a good way to finish of a rather brilliant album. She does do a really great high note in this one though. 8/10

Well thats the end i loved this album i was listening to it while i typed this and i now feel a bit lonely now its finished. Its a brill album and i really do love it i hope well we will see more of Chrsitina. Buy it she's awersome and these are some great songs. By the way this review was written by a 14 year old. Thank you for reading :)
1313 comments|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2011
What a beautiful voice Christina Perri has!

Her voice shows a wonderful range with her first CD being an easy-listening tracklist
with my faveourites being the stunning "Arms", sweet soulmate track "Penguin" , weird
and wonderful song "Bluebird" and the well known track "Jar of hearts"

Enjoy, fans of Adele, Taylor Swift, Kate Voegele, Beyonce.
Basically, Anyone will love it!
on 19 September 2011
Really loving this album, and only on my first listen through i felt the urge to write a good review for it. Lovely voice, well written songs. I especially love "the lonely".
Buy it :D
on 22 July 2011
This is a wonderful album, Christina Perri is undoubtedly very talented. 'Jar of Hearts' took my breath away when I first heard it (I listened to it over and over till I found the album), it is still one of my favourites on what is an extremely strong album. Each track has character, I love every song, there is not one that does not demand attention and an emotional response.

01 Bluebird (5*) "How the hell does a broken heart get back together when its torn apart? Teach itself to start beating again ba ba bah ba"
02 Arms (5*)"You put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go"
03 Bang Bang Bang (5*) "All my life you know I haven't been very lovestrong, there's been so many fights I've fought and I haven't won"
04 Distance (4*) "The sun is filling up the room and I can hear you dreaming"
05 Jar of Hearts (5*) "You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul. So don't come back for me, don't come back at all!"
06 Mine (5*) "Wait a minuet, I don't want you to know, it's the only way that I might grow"
07 Interlude (4*)
08 Penguin (5*) "Like a soul mate, he's your penguin, baby it's fate, not luck"
09 Miles (5*) "Remind that I'm older, to be brave smart sweet and bolder"
10 The Lonely (5*) "I'll sing myself a quiet lullaby, let you go and let the lonely in, to take my heart again"
11 Sad Song (5*) "Today I'm gonna write a sad, and make it really long that everyone can see that I'm very unhappy"
12 Tragedy (4*) "I won't be made a fool of, don't call this love"

This album has become one of my favourites, I listen to it as much as Adele's 21, Laura Marling's Alas I cannot Swim The Carpenter's Gold! Like those I love every song, there is not one which does not ooze excellence! Truly beautiful, stirring music which touches your soul.
I really do not understand the people who are slagging this album off. I bought my copy on a whim - a referral from a friend who had raved about it got me to listen to it - and the first time I played the album I liked it quite a bit. But every time I have played it, I have liked it more and more and it is now on my 'favourites' pile of CDs, ready to play at any time. There is much rubbish out in the music market-place these days, and being a child of the Fifties & Sixties, in my time I have heard much good stuff and much bad stuff - but this album is pure class and a joy to listen to. Christina Perri has a very distinctive voice that grows on you like a favourite wine and the production team have done an outstanding job, no need for tweaks to the hifi output with this CD. It will I am sure become a much loved standard in time and I look forward to CP's next album, because if it is half as good as this one, it will be brilliant. If anybody wants to bury a time-capsule to show future generations what constitutes popular musical taste was like in the Noughties, then a copy of this CD would have to be a must ! And currently selling on Amazon for £4.29 makes it a no-brainer . . . . . buy it and enjoy a real treat :-)
on 25 September 2011
After being enchanted with 'Jar of Hearts', I was excited to see what the rest of the album would bring and I was by no means disappointed. Christina's voice is amazing and the song lyrics are beautiful. Arms is another one of my favourites. I haven't been able to stop listening to this CD yet. Would highly recommend.
on 24 July 2011
WOW what an amazing voice & i was not dissapointed!! I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more of Christina.
on 20 January 2012
I bought this album having only heard 'Jar of Hearts' and knowing nothing else about Christina Perri. Many of the tracks have now become firm favourites on my playlist. Some are very upbeat, others slower and more melancholic, but all express true feeling.
on 6 July 2011
I bought this album on the strength of one song 'Jar Of Hearts', a strong ballad. The rest of the cd is a good mix of beats with several decent tracks. I think it is a good addition to my collection.
on 5 August 2011
A lot of her pain has gone into this album but resulted in amazing songs. Buy it and play it every day. Fabulous