Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 15 June 2014
What an excellent piece of kit for £214 Very bright screen and ace resolution You get an extra inch of screen pixels over their £170 version and it makes a difference Plugged into my Mac MIni via DVI adapter (in the Mac box) NO hdmis but don't miss em So there is a cheap way of getting into Mac technology Don't tell Apple or they might put the price up My dell is on a swiveling wall bracket so I can pull it right out to my face to help with fading eyesight
on 23 July 2015
I really want a second one of these to replace the old monitor I'm using as a second monitor at the moment, but the price hasn't come down mush since I bought mine 2 years ago.
Very nice monitor, with excellent resolution, colour balance and viewing angle.
Mine had two dead pixels in the lower left of the screen but most of the time I can't even find them when I look for them, never mind in normal use. Just goes to show how small the pixels are!
on 6 May 2014
The USB ports on the side of this beautiful, crisp monitor are on the left side (as you look at it) and on the back towards the left.

To rotate the monitor to the portrait position, you turn it clockwise (as you look at it), which means that the cables plugged into the USB ports go higher up away from the desk surface rather than closer to it. My mouse went running off towards the back of the desk the first time I rotated the monitor!
on 4 March 2015
This monitor is excellent. It appears to have been assembled in Turkey. I bought it to replace a 21.5 inch Phillips.

I use it for work where I read documents either PDF or Word.

The upgrade is superb. I get the document on the screen. Have reduced the brightness from standard and am delighted.

If you do a lot of reading grab one of these also I find I don't get headaches after a long day staring at it........
on 1 July 2013
I bought this monitor after returniong one from another supplier due to a stuck pixel. This one had no stuck pixels, but the quility of the product was much worse overall. Ridiculous levels of not just IPS glow, but also very severe backlight bleeding from three of four corners. The bezel was not flush with the back of the monitor either. Overall, it felt poorly assembled in comparison.

While in theory this monitor is great, my faith in Dell's quality control is shaken - I wouldn't recommend the lottery process you seem to have to go through to get a good one. Poor show, Dell.
on 19 July 2014
This monitor, being 1920 x 1200, has, for me , the perfect shape. It is very well made on a sturdy, multi-adjustable and easily adjusted stand. I have had some monitors that shake very easily on their stands. Being a matt panel, to me, it is not as sharp as a gloss panel, I don't care what I hear to the contrary. I highly recommend it on its build quality and the picture is fine if you're not watching Blu-ray films.
on 5 March 2013
I purchased this monitor for my new home pc build, (using my old HP w2216 as a second monitor. No dead pixels on arrival, and fantastic colours. Display was easy to set up and presets out of the box just needed minor tweaking. With 8ms response time it would appear that it would be not be the best monitor for gaming, but this is not the case. The true measure is input lag, (for example:from the time you move your mouse to it moves on the screen is less than 16ms), which according to some reviews you can find online are faster than a lot of 5ms TN screens. Certainly I do not suffer screen lag on BF3 or Crysis 3.
on 2 May 2014
Quite simply, at around £200, this is the best monitor I've ever owned. The picture quality is superb and the hydraulic stand is brilliant, allowing easy height adjustment. I'd also advise buying an optional sound bar, too, and you can pick these up cheaply enough from either Amazon or eBay.

The viewing angle is superb, connectivity options are great (including USB), and it looks pretty cool, too.
on 16 May 2014
This monitor is simply excellent. It's not the best on the market in terms of perfect colour balance, but considering the very reasonable price and the vertical resolution of 1200 (rather than the far more common 1080) it is an excellent deal. I have two, and I bought a third for my wife.

That extra vertical space makes quite a difference when you're editing two documents side by side.
on 20 April 2015
Still a great monitor.

I have had three of these over two years now, no issues, great performance.
When we needed a new monitor to replace a Benq that had expired from old age, looked at all the newer Dell's (and other brands) and came to the conclusion that this is still the best balance of price and performance if you want a slightly better than HD IPS display.