5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!
Best monitors I've ever bought. I'm very surprised at the quality of image and colour, considering the price. They are worlds apart from monitors that don't cost must less.

I bought two and use them side-by-side for web development and none of my other monitors come close for quality or clarity.

Those extra 120 pixels (16:10 vs 16:9) make a...
Published 8 months ago by PeterDC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but panels vary in colour
These screens are generally of decent quality and have a multitude of inputs. There is a newer version available now, but this one still works perfectly well.

Published 7 months ago by anemone

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24 inch LCD TFT Monitor (16:10, 1920x1200, 300 cd/m2) (Personal Computers)

Those extra 120 pixels (16:10 vs 16:9) make a colossal difference in my opinion and I can't personally stand ever having to use a 16:9 monitor of any size.

I searched online for the best profile set-up and quickly came across these settings which I now use and everything is perfect for my eyes:

Preset Mode: Custom Colour

Red: 96%
Green: 93%
Blue: 87%

Brightness: 45%
Contrast: 75%

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitly extra sharp, 6 May 2014
Mr. Robert Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
I had for many years a 19 Dell Monitor which was fully adjustable and incorporated a hub. I decided to upgrade to a 24 inch monitor and first chose an Acer because of the price and good feedback. Fair enough it was a good monitor although not adjustable and no hub. I also found the screen was very bright and had to turn the brightness down so I sold it at a small loss. I had my eye on this 24 inch Dell monitor and although more expensive had all the features of my earlier Dell monitor with the 24 inch size in a better proportion as it was not as wide but a bit higher than the Acer. The picture is sharp and clear but does not glare so have been able to leave it in its default settings. I intend to keep it for many years as I am sure there is none better for the price on the market. Definitely worth 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 24 April 2013
I'm a gamer, programmer and I also occasionally watch films etc at my PC. Forget worrying about the deeper technical details here: if you're a graphics professional you'll be looking at a different price bracket entirely.

The quality of this display is, I'm sure, the best you can get for this money. Very low reflection, no visible ghosting that I can make out, and the colours and contrast are perfect. Plus, it's 1920×1200, which in this age of the wide screen boom is very refreshing, not just for games, but also when I have to switch h to programming mode.

A special mention should also be made of the stand and usb hub capability : you can rotate the screen through 90 degrees should you need, with a simple cable management solution ensuring that you don't rip out your connectors as you do so (assuming you have slack of course!). And the hub is perfect for your wireless mouse receiver, xbox 360 dangle, phone or memory stick needs.

No dead pixels to report, and I'm sure this screen will be on my desk for the next 3 years at least.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superior Colour to TN, 31 Mar. 2013
Andrew Ballard (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
Basically monitor choice can be divided between superior colour/image quality in IPS or superior fluidity with 60/120/144/etc TN panels. As a gamer/multimedia user with no interest in 3d at all I chose image and colour quality of the dell ultrasharp and do not regret it, as you're only going to be getting much over 60fps with an expensive dual card setup if you like to crank settings to max, and the colours/quality of a TN is going to be *nowhere near* this. Not recommended for solid FPS gamers however as a sole monitor, even a good 60Hz TN is visibly faster and smoother if you're prone to noticing these things.

It's also 1200 pixels vertically, none of that 1080 malarky, much nicer for a PC screen.

With large screens viewing angle is also important, TN just are not suitable for larger upclose displays, they look hideous with weird colour shifts all over the place. IPS monitors like this dell have hugely reduced issues here to the point I don't notice it.

The build quality is excellent, the menus very easy to use, connectivity decent (a nifty USB hub but no HDMI, easily solved with an adapter), the stand is fantastic and the monitor has a VESA mount capability. Reasonably thin bezels too, useful if desired.

Only 4 stars because mine has 2 dead pixels near the edges (now named Tyler and Marla), very hard, even impossible to notice most of the time but still taking a star away, it's a £200 monitor afterall, not some cheap tat. Yes I could send it back, but getting upset over such a tiny thing just isn't cricket.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one, 2 May 2014
If you want a monitor for graphic design or print-production work then this is the one.

The colour accuracy is astonishing, as it comes, out of the box, and without further calibration.

Text is razor sharp.

Photographic images are uncannily vibrant.

The format is entirely functional (not just for widescreen movies).

And the value is exceptional.

And of course, it has a matte finish, otherwise I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.

5.0 out of 5 stars ELEVEN out of TEN, 28 Nov. 2014
I have been using my previous Dell 2007 WFP Monitor for about 5 Years and had scanned, Photoshopped, printed and filed hundreds of old colour and monochrome negatives using the excellent colour rendering of this old monitor.
I noticed recently that its brightness and colour accuracy had become degraded, and decided that it was time to retire it to the games computer and obtain a replacement.

I had seen a lot of reviews for the U2412M and thought that this would be THE ONE to get and ordered it without really looking at the specification! An enormous cardboard box arrived and I proceeded to unpack it. This was a very well packed item and it was quite difficult to actually get at the monitor inside; talk about boxes within boxes!

Eventually, and surrounded by discarded packing material, I realised that it would be very difficult item to repack if I wished to return it for any reason. However, there was no need to worry about this, as everything was, as usual, just what I wanted. I was a little alarmed by the huge size and shape of the screen (foolishly, I had not bothered to check this before ordering) but have grown to love it.

Despite the fact that the assembly and commissioning instructions were printed on the usual postage stamp sized sheet, everything went perfectly and, on switching on, it was ready for use, even self selecting the correct input. There was a fuller instruction manual on the driver disc, but this was unavailable until after the installation was complete! I did search the disc before loading the drivers but, as I was looking for a PDF file (it was not!) could not find anything in the usual places!

I have been using the monitor for several weeks now and have got used to its large screen size. The image is crisp and bright, with perfect colour rendering that matches the printer I use. As I also do a lot of work with spread sheets, the larger size and shape of the screen alows a large number of rows and columns to be seen without loosing readability.

All in all, I can definitely recommend this item as suitable for most of the work that you might need to so on it

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 1 Mar. 2013
It's a great value monitor. Wanderful colors and most notably is 16:10 which is a black swan in those days where the monitor market is plagued by those terrible cinema screens. I wander why general consumers doesn't just buy a tv + xbox instead of ruining the pc world. Anyway that said ofc this dell is not a perfect monitor. Be warned that there are eveident backlight bleedings in almost each one of those guys (just google it). Mine is no exception. Fortunately for me it's acceptable. Maybe a little more that what I wanted on the bottom left angle, but not enough to bother for getting a replacement. Also because frequently this results in obtaining an even worse screen. So... look at you wallet. If you are on a budget I'd say this one is your guy. But if money is not a concern just go on something more expensive and more qualitative because this screen is far from perfect. Your call.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Monitor, 2 Feb. 2014
N. Boldra (UK) - See all my reviews
Well worth the money if you insist on a proper resolution for a 24 inch monitor, 1920x1024 just isn't suitable, excellent build with some great features, recommended if you don't mind paying a little more for the higher resolution instead of this HD standard nonsense.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but panels vary in colour, 2 Oct. 2014

However, the panels used seems to vary quite substantially. I bought two additional displays to add to two computers that each had one display. None of the four screens look the same, although the two purchased together are a decent match. The colours can vary from being quite red and cold through to quite white and warm. The standards Dell use to calibrate them are not very stringent so from the quality control point of view, these differences would be acceptable. On their own the panels look fine, but put two together and the difference might be noticable, especially if they weren't bought at the same time.

It is possible to correct for this using colour profiles, but the result is not perfect. All screen were reset to factory defaults and various settings subsequently tried.

For general office use, at the price they're offered, they're still pretty good value and I would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good monitor for the price, 10 Jun. 2013
I bought this to go with a new Mac Mini. I went for 24 inch as I like a large screen but should have stuck with 21 inch as 24 is too big unless you sit quite far back from it.
The monitor works very well. Setup takes not time and configuring it to work with my mac was quick and easy.

Build quality is very good as is the adjustability of the stand. You can spin the screen round into portrait mode and it tilts and swivels very easily. It also looks good on the desk, although not quite in the league of the very best designs out there.

Picture quality is excellent with auto setting working well. Overall a very good quality product.