5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Adult Urban Fantasy!
I'm on an adult urban fantasy kick at the moment and Caroline Hanson's Love is Darkness was a delicious meal in my feeding frenzy. Hanson's modern, smooth and polished prose drew me in from the first page. I was immediately engaged by Val and Jack, the tension and chemistry between them was absolutely electric! Val is an incredibly likeable heroine. There's a lot about...
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by S. Young

3.0 out of 5 stars This series has potential
Love is Darkness begins in the past, rather than present. It takes the reader to an important scene among some key vampires that will affect the main character, Valerie Dearborn, even if she doesn't know it yet. From there you will follow brief periods of Valerie's life until reaching the present. This helps give more background to the story, but also slows down its...
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by Mistress of The Dark Path

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Once you start reading this book, you cant put it down.
Fast paced and lot of storylines to get you going and understand the story.
The only downside is that at the beginning throws lots of names and I wasn't quite sure who was who
but now that I've nearlt finished the second book, I'm more than familiar with all the characters

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked right from the start. The characters where amazing and had such chemistry. I can't wait to read more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Read this book twice and enjoyed it. Cant wait to read the book 2. Good storyline and leaving you wanting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful story. FELT so sorry for Val. Jack needed a good push in her direction. So glad she met the vampire Lucas.Cannot wait to read next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive!!!, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded this book for free and to be honest I wasn't expecting much, but I couldn't put it down and with some intensive reading I finished the whole trilogy within 2 days! Valerie is an amazing character, it did take a while in the first book to see where the story is going but stick with it you won't b disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
As a free book it was great and I will definitely be getting the rest of the series. A bit disorienting at the beginning but great when you get past the first few chapters. I read it at one go and if you like this genre you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight on to book two...it's that good!, 15 Aug 2013
Sarahj (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
I was completely taken in by this book straight from the beginning. I loved seeing the first several years of Val's life and through different eyes and what was happening to the individual characters from first contact. I adore Jack and his love for Val is heart wrenching and vice versa; at times I had a lump in my throat and wanted to cry! Plenty of action and gore, but not excessive. A very good adult paranormal, and loved the ending so much, I jumped straight into book 2. Can definitely recommend this (and I'd go as far as saying that its wayyyyy better than Twilight :))

5.0 out of 5 stars Love is darkness, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
This book was amazing. Some parts when vampires were fighting left me speechless. You must read this book otherwise your missing out on something big.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Loved this series and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great vampire series. Loved it and left me wanting more so I bought the next one..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1 (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely amazing book love the supernatural creatures books very addictive book would recommend this book and seller to all my friends and family that absolutely love these kind of stories

Love is Darkness: Valerie Dearborn Book 1