5.0 out of 5 stars Safestix 50cm
I bought this with a bit of apprehension as I have 2 young staffords (3 and 2 years) who are brutal on toys... We have had it for over a month, it goes on every walk (3 times a day) and they absolutely love it ! I will admit one end has come off due to excessive tugging etc but all that has done is create another toy !

Seriously a fantastic buy - However we...
Published on 9 Mar 2012 by Spyhopping

I bought the smaller of the two available (at the time) Safestix (50cm) but my German Shepherd is not too keen on playing with it, I think because of the length - she sort of drags it about and won't run with it at all. She's quite happy to lie and chew it though.
The toy itself is very tough and robust.

Like some of the promo photo's I've seen, I think...
Published on 20 Mar 2012 by Mrs D

5.0 out of 5 stars Safestix 50cm, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)

Seriously a fantastic buy - However we dont allow them to just chew on it , it is only bought out on walks as i think they would get through it if we did.

would recommend to both owners of brutal chewers and not... EXCELLENT BUY !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new dog toy, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
I bought a 70cm one of these for my Lurcher plus one of these smaller 50cm ones for my Jack Russell. What can I say my dogs love them, they've lasted for ages, they're way safer to use than normal sticks and they float. I've lost count of how much money I've spent on toys that last two minutes before being ripped apart or that get lost if I throw them the dogs don't see them and the toy is lost in long grass. As I said in my other review some other colours would be good but I've no complaints with the dayglo orange as my dogs can see them everytime. I'll definitely buy more in future. Thanks Safestix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walks have never been so exciting for my dogs, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
I have 2 large labradors who love playing with these sticks. I've now had the sticks a few weeks and apart from a slight bend in one you wouldn't know they had been played with. Type of play: we throw the safestix, dogs run to fetch, dogs have a play fight with it, and then take it back. It has really stood up to lots of rough handling. We haven't tried the safestix in water but would see no reason for them not being up to the job. Really good quality - no rough edges. The shape has been well thought out too. The dogs love them and get really excited when they see the safestix coming for a walk with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, they never stop, 26 April 2012
G. Brooks "brooksy" (a Brit abroad) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
After two months of use these are just as advertised. They don't break, are chew proof, don't smell and love to be fetched! I would recommend the 50cm stick as this is MORE than big enough for throwing and tug o war.

I have two dogs. A lazy retriever (yes I know) who would normally bring a ball back once if you were lucky. The Safestix now holds the retrieve record with this dog of x10 completions.

The other dog, a rescue type collie dog, will not stop and would probably die of heart failure if I kept throwing the stick. I must admit I have used it indoors too.

The only word of warning. When playing tug of war the Safestix is flexible and can whip back and give the dog a bit of a blow on the snout. They don't seem to mind too much though.

3.0 out of 5 stars COLOUR FADES in no time at all - nearly transparent and TOO BIG for just one dog..., 20 Mar 2012
Mrs D (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
The toy itself is very tough and robust.

Like some of the promo photo's I've seen, I think the 50cm and 70cm lengths are best suited for two dogs to play with together, not one dog alone.

I contacted Safestix and have been told they are, this month, introducing a 30cm toy. I eagerly await it's arrival and will definitely buy one.

Can I just add that I was APPALLED at the packaging of this item. It came in a big box, 50cm x 15cm and was packed FULL of paper (52sheets to be precise!) God only knows how many trees that took! And just so wasteful.

Other than that, no complaints at all. It's a great toy devised from a great idea, and stands up to the jaws of a German Shepherd, which confirms how tough it is. Just for my dog, it needs to be shorter.

UPDATE

The colour of this soon fades, so the advertising that it's bright so your dog can always spot it in undergrowth etc might be right, but only for about 6weeks tops.
I've now got my dog a blue 30cm Safestix - much better for my dog size wise. it's too early to say whether this one will fade as badly as the orange 50cm one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safestix, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
I bought this for my Border Collie because although she likes tearing apart soft toys and chasing balls most, she does enjoy chewing and playing 'fetch' with sticks and has had to have two visits to the vet because of minor injuries from catching sticks awkwardly or getting chunks of bark stuck in her throat.
We haven't been able to try fetching this yet but as a chew and tug toy she loves it, numerous doggy visitors to the house have also given the toy their approval.

If there was any negative factor to this toy it would be that it doesn't squeak!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
My dog loves this stick, and so does all the other dogs who play with her in the field, we have to try and get back from other dogs. Much safer then a wooden stick

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
I thought this item was indestructible, being sold by Kong, but it was in four pieces within three hours and that was by a labradoodle not a lion. I was very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
We were expecting an orange one but it was bright green though out dog is not deterred and loves it. Preferred to the sticks she kept picking up on our walks. As it is made by Kong it is as usual very well made, tough and durable. We are sure it will last and last.

5.0 out of 5 stars safestix rubber dog toy, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm (Misc.)
bought this safestix after dog hurt his mouth while playing with sticks while out on walk.
he loves this replacement.take it on all our walks. only complaint I have, is that you dont
get a choice of colour. got a pink one, which I dont mind, except people now think I have
a female dog.

overall an excellent buy which I would highly recommend

Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 50 cm