on 13 February 2013
I've fit three of these and I've had no problem with any of them.

The material is a hard, semi-rigid plastic and as such doesn't have the problems you can have with a thinner foil that can get air trapped underneith.

Obviously it takes some care and the screen has to be spotless, but otherwise it's almost a breeze!

One point though: Amazon really need to get their prices right on this item. It's much cheaper direct from Sony UK!

Why only four stars? It's still not cheap even at their prices!
on 27 August 2013
A quick web search will tell you, and Sony - if they cared to look, that there are product quality problems with the screen coating on many of their NEX series cameras. I have been ultra careful with my NEX 5N but the coating has still come off in a very unsightly fashion. Most cheaper screen protectors are clear all the way to the edge but this Sony one has a black border to mask their shame! It does a very effective job and makes the screen look like new again - apart from the odd cutout in one corner - why?

The BIG downside, apart from the preposterous price, is that the screen was virtually unusable in the bright sunlight present during my recent holiday in Italy. I ended up either squinting at it, shading it or guessing. Not brilliant I have to admit.
on 13 April 2013
This is a very good product for screen protection, it is a semi rigid construction and is simple to apply.
Some have problems including myself with applying the thin film type protector, problems with alignment, static on the screen creating microscopic specs of dust which after the screen is applied look like mountains, air bubbles and also after a relatively short time of heavy use, these films start to peel away at edges and corners.
With the Sony LCD protection screen, non of these problems exist, it is straight out of the box and applied easily to the screen. Worth the extra cost for the more professional appearance and the ease of application.
on 7 August 2012
This is probably one of the most expensive protectors around probably because it has the word SONY printed on it and probably because it is made of poly carbonate similar to the stuff used to make high spec safety glasses and car headlamps.
However it is still surprising how much you pay for such a small thin sliver of plastic.
I would guess more expensive gram for gram than gold.
It was the easiest protector I have ever fitted as it is more like a very thin credit card rather than the usual floppy polythene or cling film types which can be a nightmare to fit.
The adhesive appears to be just around the edges and is totally hidden by the black border should you get your fingers stuck to it and the center is not stuck and therefore free of any bubbles etc.
Once fitted it is a mirror image of the screen you have covered up and that was the only problem for me as over the years I have got used to matt finish non-reflective screens and the SONY is of course very shiny.
Time will tell if I go back to a FoliX atFoliX FX-Antireflex screen-protection film for Sony NEX-5N (2 pack) - Anti-reflective screen protection! Top quality which is a bit more tricky to fit but for the time being the screen has bullet proof protection and it is recommended providing you have the gold to pay for it !
on 13 July 2013
This is not a cheap protector screen but for a few pounds extra does seem a well made product and much better than a cheaper version I had been using. I was surprised at how scratched the old protector had become become so I'm hoping for much better results with this product.
If you have already bought a good quality camera this isn't much to pay to preserve the quality of the viewing screen.
on 19 October 2014
With a little care this screen is easy to fit at the first attempt and requires very little time to do it. Once fitted it looks as though it is part of the original Sony NEX 7 camera. In case the protector becomes marked over a period of time, I have bought another as a spare. So far there is no marking on the protector at all.
on 17 July 2014
Used this for my NEX5 . Was really worried that I had damaged the screen but a you tube video showed how easy it was to replace the protective sheet (which I didn't even realise was there( and now my camera is as good as new again.
on 24 February 2014
This is ideal for Sony Nex 6 camera easy to fit
its better than cheaper protection sheets i have purchased
on 29 October 2014
Seems to leave a moisture mark between the sheet and the screen. Also a bit expensive for what it is.
on 22 September 2014
Just what I needed to protect the screen on my NEX-7.Easy to fit and simple to keep clean.

See one answered question