5.0 out of 5 stars Really like Roxio Creator 2012

Published on 8 Jan 2012 by Zorkman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing Performance From Roxio, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I purchased Roxio Creator 2012 mainly to allow me to import, edit and burn to DVD my .MOV video files from my Canon EOS 600D camera, using the Video Wave editing software in the Roxio package. Unfortunately when I open a Video file in .MOV format with this software I find the audio soundtrack has been corrupted resulting in the Video production being unusable. Roxio Support technicians are so far are unable to provide a sensible fix for this problem, their only recommended solution being to use third party software to convert the video file to another format before opening it with Video Wave.
I find this very disappointing because I have used Roxio Easy Media Creator Suit software for years and always found it to be an excellent package and bug free, but I had to purchase this new Creator software because the old version would not work with Windows 7. Hence until Roxio come up with a fix I can only give this software a score of one because it is unusable for my purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like Roxio Creator 2012, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
After a few attempts, I got to grips with the various functions of Roxio without too much trouble. I've created DVDs of my various holiday photos as well as using Photoshow, which is really quite simple and produces very professional looking shows. I've also ripped some of my own music to use in my slideshow presentations, copied DVDs and used the Roxio burn facility to provide friends with hard copies of my presentations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roxio Creator 2012, 21 Oct 2011
C. S. Scott - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
A good set of tools from Roxio audio editing and conversion very straight forward,
Videowave video editing all seems to work well and fairly quick on the rendering,
I have had no issues loading the software as stated on some reviews I have Windows 7
64 bit Operating System and every thing seems to work fine,the 3D photos and video
are not to bad but I just played with making 3D items and don't think that I would
use the 3D functions very often more of a gimmick than a really useful tool,Like all
video editing packages using the software on a laptop is not much good for HD video
unless you have a powerful processor and a fast hard drive.I tried the Roxio 2012 on
laptop with 2.30GHZ processor and struggled with HD editing but patience was applied
and the results are good even when converted to Dvix files,editing video from standard
definition video from a DV camcorder tape was much quicker and scrubbing through the
video while editing was fine no stuttering again when rendered the quality was good.
Although this is not a professional editing package it is fairly easy to use and with
a little practise some very good results can be achieved.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mike, 26 April 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Purchased this product to make Slide Shows. It's not all that easy, spoilt some disc's learning. Now I know how, I have produced a disc. A bad point is that you can not use your own music, unless you pay and update (plenty of reminders to do just that). It has large selection of music by unknown artists.
It's ok and will do for the present.

3.0 out of 5 stars roxio creator 2012, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
upgrading to Windows 7, i found my present DVD presentation was not working correctly therefore i decided to renew my dvd presentation, i purchased ROXIO CD & DVD CREATOR, annoying and extra expense, this advised upgrade to CREATOR 2012, that i also purchased, now the program want me to upgrade to PREMIUM version.
a con, there is not sufficent information given to customer to advise on contents.

3.0 out of 5 stars Roxio Creator 12, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I've bought several of the latest versions of Roxio in the past and always been pleased with them. However, this time I bought version 12 for its extra add-on 'Videowave'.
This latter may be a most excellent item for all I know and I may be alone in needing to actually have the way to use it well explained,- certainly better than I found in the Learning Centre.

I therefore looked to purchase some kind of book or manual to help with this version 12 but found none.
My purchase is now of limited use to me and on that basis, from my point of view, a 'C' for the product is about right

Mike Hardy

3.0 out of 5 stars Initially a bad experience (review revised 26/11/12)., 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Last weekend I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and altered a couple of the software settings and it now seems to work. When I have prepared a second DVD I shall, in due course, update this review further; I have therefore changed my original rating of this product (from 1 star to 3 stars). I remain, however, less than satisfied with the helpdesk, and the absence of a user's guide.

I had originally written "I purchased this product having enjoyed using its predecessor "Sonic" successfully for some years. Since purchasing Creator 2012, I have been trying to produce a DVD of a recent holiday, and the software steadfastly refuses to work. The Roxio (now Corel) helpdesk is a misnomer...no help whatsoever so far. The blame according to them seems to rest with my PC being inadequate/not updated. It is a 3 month old HP PC, which comfortably exceeds the minimum system requirements - with the latest drivers and Windows etc updates!!! I shall persevere. I should be interested if anyone else has encountered the error message "8005420c Error while encoding Movie 1" whilst trying to generate an ISO file using this software, particularly if the problem has been resolved. At the moment I would say this is a bad buy, and worth a "no-star rating" but I have been forced to give it one star!!!!!!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars loading problems, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Have bought this software and found that i had a problem loading it on my vista pc after many attempts i got it to load by downloading service pack 1 and service pack 2 from the microft download centre hope this helps any other person who has had a problem loading the roxio creator 2012.

I would recommend this soft ware to others fo the price i laid out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roxio Creator 2012, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Roxio continues their excellent suite of media software. Would recommend this programme for working with photos, music video and the scanner softward is better that the software that came with my all-in-one.

3.0 out of 5 stars roxio creator 2012 lack of user manual, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Purchased this product a few weeks ago but unfortunately I have not got into using it properly due in the lack of printed instructions.I have purchased creator versions 5 and 9 in the past and both of these had printed user manuals this edition did not.The tuition method used may be alright for the more proficient user but for th average user it can be very difficult to use e.g. if one is halfway through a job and comes upon a problem you have to check in help to solve it ,this can difficult, messy and time consuming. IT WOULD BE SO MUCH SIMPLER TO REFER TO A PRINTED MANUAL.I know from investigating and personal experience that this problem is not purely a Roxio situation and that other companies do the same thing. A printed manual would be relatively inexpensive and I for one would have been willing to have paid a little extra for this service.Another point is the attached programs which are installed that have to be activated at a price most annoying as you are led to beleive they are part of the programm you bought and as an inexperienced user you may needlessly buy. My reason for purchasing version 2012 is I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and my previous versions which I was very happy with would not work,
I sent a feedback to Roxio with these comments two weeks ago but to date I have had no respone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Roxio Creator 2012 (PC)
Roxio Creator 2012 (PC) by Roxio (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock