5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box .( for me so far ! )
Published on 18 Jan 2012 by L. Ironside

1.0 out of 5 stars dont be fooled
Published 22 months ago by walt

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box .( for me so far ! ), 18 Jan 2012
L. Ironside (bonnie scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
After trying several editing software programs and dumping them because of the usual crashing , freezing , losing hours of work etc. , this " Roxio 12 Pro " worked first time , .... Using a Panasonic AVCHD camera on highest HA capture, I loaded a two and a half hours long concert into the program , added titles , transitions then output to blue ray disc ( which played beautifully on other third party desktop players ) without any hassle other that what is to be expected when using totally new software. ........... Windows 7 Home / Cuda graphics card / 16g ram // It took approx 2 hours to output to blue ray disc which
was 5 times quicker than Sony Vegas which I also found to be a very stable editing piece of software............ Perhaps I was just lucky , ............ over the years , editing on computer has driven me to despair , So far , this purchase , though I have only touched on the basics , is very pleasing to work with , .................. and does what it says on the box .

1.0 out of 5 stars dont be fooled, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
dont be fooled into thinking your buying all you see on the product your not 21 day free trial on facefilter,sonicfire,izotope, unifiedcoulour initial impression extreamly dissapointed how do i rate it unless i pay more out i can't say. this seamed to be just what i wanted , thought it was a better than nero WELL FEDUP NOW & thats polite . its like paying twice for the same product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Key, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Wrong product Key on the back of leaflet can't go any further with disks I have come to a standstill

1.0 out of 5 stars Roxio Creator 2012 pro disaster, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I still do not have this programme working. I bought it one month ago and have been in contact with Corel who produce the programme but they have been no help whatsoever. They have told me to try sorting the problem by "approximating" their instructions to my version of their software as they have sent their so called solutions for older versions and expect their customers to know how to alter the registry of their PC's to get rid of Roxio's useless programme. Creator will not even start on my computer even though the specifications of our PC is much higher than what the box states is needed. I am extremely angry with the customer service which has appalled me even more than the wasted money for the programme. Please beware when thinking of buying this as being computer software there is no chance of a refund or even a replacement with an alternative. This is one of the worst things I have bought as it has caused a huge amount of work and stress and I am no further forwards than I was 4 weeks ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good - if it loaded., 3 Jun 2014
Rj Sedgwick "Bookie" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Second copy of this I bought, neither would load properly.Spent 3 days loading and deleting, reloading. Crapware at it's very worst.

5.0 out of 5 stars software, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have been using this software for a few years now and it is still the best for my photos etc keep up the good work thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars not perfect, 10 Nov 2012
Colin J. Anderson (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Using under windows 7, having a few niggles with this product, not fully sorted out yet but I do not know any product that would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creator 2012 Pro, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Excellent service and price. I think a "Help" booklet as to how to use would have been helpful though so far I have coped

1.0 out of 5 stars Creator 2012 upgrade version - Absurdly difficult to make it work, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This review covers only the installation process for Roxio Creator 2010 Pro Upgrade edition.

I am a tech savy user with years of experience on PC's. I have just completed more than 10 hours of work to get Creator 2012 to run. I have now succeed thanks to luck and support from both the Roxio user community and, to some small extent, Roxio tech support.

The problem with installation of this program was very likely due to the fact that I was upgrading from Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition (an excellent program). Roxio seem to be able neither to write an installation routine that upgrades their own program nor to write a program capable of removing their own programs from my Windows Vista PC.

In the end I succeed by using a third party program to go through my PC and its registry and remove every Roxio and Sonic product before trying to install Creator 2012 pro.

I am giving one star to this program, without even using it, because it is my opinion that no company should put its customers through this sort of hassle to install their product. The only reason I didn't give up and send it back was stubbornness!! If they spend so little effort to get the installation routines correct I fear the program will be bug ridden. I will report back once I have used it for a while.

In the meantime I would warn anyone considering upgrading to this program to ensure they use a third party program to completely remove all Sonic and Roxio products from their set-up before installation. And be prepared for a fight!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Video Capture Problems, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this to capture and edit video from a video camera connected to a TV video capture card installed in my Vista computer.On installing I found I could specify the video card in the video capture application and capture the video image but I got no options on the audio input. But in the audio application I got options for audio capture from my soundcard and other installed audio devices. The consequence being that I can only capture the video image with no sound using the video capture application. Signed up to the Roxio forum and described the problem. The replies all concluded that I needed to buy the Roxio USB capture device as the software is only likely to operate with this. Most of the respondents reported that video capture didn't work with other TV or capture cards they had installed, one also reported that the Roxio capture device didn't work with other software. So, annoyance mounting, went onto the Roxio site and ordered the USB device, which frankly looks a rip off at 34.99 + 5 postage, I placed the order on 24th July and received an email this morning saying it had been despatched by international postage and should be here by 17th August at the latest. Even when this arrives I am going to have to compromise on what I wanted to do with the audio as I use Pod 6 USB interface and large diaphram condensor mic which goes through Pod farm signal procesing software for the audio and am not sure if I will be able to find a way of patching this through to the line in on the Roxio USB capture device.
In conclusion, Creator Pro 2012 didn't do what I bought it to do even though my requirement is a pretty fundamental aspect of movie making software. There is no real reason why Roxio couldn't have produced this to work with other devices, is this symptomatic of a philosophy that centres on short term financial gain for the company, "how can we extract more money from the customer and tie them into only using our software and products", long term success is based on putting customers first and ensuring the products fulfill the customers expectation. I have Serif Movieplus starter edition(which is free)and this allows me very simply to specify my capture card and any of the installed audio devices to capture a video. With hindsight I could have bought the full edition of this for the same cost as Creator Pro 2012 and no nasty surprises. I am afraid this will be the last Roxio product I am likely to buy.

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC)
Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (PC) by Roxio (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock