5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Wonderful book, reminding me of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings etc. I enjoyed this so much and wait eagerly the sequel. My grandson 12 asked what I was reading and has now got his own Kindle so downloaded it to read himself. The comment I got from him was what a great book. I've now told him about the Golden Acorn books too. Never too young for a kindle!
Published 18 months ago by suzywoody

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story but...
I have read all three books in this trilogy. I liked the concept, it was techy and fantasy together which was a great combination and I enjoyed the story - which is why I read all of the books. BUT...

It was too childlike and naïve at times. Conversations (kept as neutral as possible to avoid spoilers) go along the lines of "I don't trust this person, s/he...
Published 11 months ago by Bristol Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Through the Portal (Book One in the Through the Portal Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Sep 2013
Best book I have ever read! Better than hunger games and I loved them. Going to buy the others and I recommend this to everyone :) glad I found it! Definitely get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow not the expected read, I was gripped, 28 July 2013
A great story, for all ages. My wife wants to read it, but I want to read the next one! Well written and gripping, with twists and turns.
Well done and thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Through the Portal, 20 Jun 2013
Brilliant book, purchased book 2 before i had even finished so that i could carry on reading. Compelling stuff and an excellent author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book!, 16 Jun 2014
Best book I've ever read. It was great! Storyline is awesome . ZOMBIES & DRAGONS&PHOENIXES

Great Job

!

#where's Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing,gripping everything you want a book to be!!!!, 11 Jun 2014
This book is amazing. At first reading the blurb I wasn't sure but this is a must buy. so if you are like me and enjoy witchcraft and action do not hesitate buy now!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrugh the portal, 8 Jun 2014
This a very good book it was exciting charming and lots of gentle moments. If you like to get involved in the story this is the book for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Through the portal, 25 May 2014
Mrs. L. P. Russell (letchworth england) - See all my reviews
Really enjoyed reading this book, interesting and exciting.
Makes you feel like you are there with the children.
Have to get next one, to see see if they succeed in their quest

5.0 out of 5 stars Good variation throughout, 26 April 2014
I found this nice reading, interesting but easy to put down and then pick up again, but I still wanted to finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting adventure, 13 April 2014
A very good read with lots of exciting adventures. I am sure that young and old alike will enjoy reading this book. I can't wait to read the next one. Happy reading.