5.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better and better
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by alicepalace90

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Play on U.S. systems!!!
This DVD does not play on my DVD player because it has Digital Rights Protection that restricts it from playing in the United States. It is useless on my DVD. I can play it on my computer but not on any U.S. player. This should have been clearly indicated when I ordered it. Season 4 is not available in the U.S. yet, so I thought I would order it from the U.K. Guess I will...
Published on 15 Jan 2012 by J. Forrest

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better and better, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
I'm always worried before a new series starts that it wont be as good as the last. Merlin never disappoints. It just gets better and better. Morgana is back and she will do anything to get the throne of Camelot. A new regular character is Agravaine, Arthur's uncle who isn't as benevolent as he seems. Our favourite regulars are back, great to see all the knights, some funny moments with them, in fact there are lots of laughs. Old Merlin returns and Colin Morgan is amazing. Series 4 looks great too. Some pretty impressive locations. And if you know anything about the Arthurian legends there are those moments where you go 'Oooooooo!'

For me, Merlin is superior to Doctor Who which has disappointed me in the last series. The writers always get it right, even if they deviate from the original legends. The storylines keep us gripped and are very teasing. What we loved about the characters in the first series is still there in the fourth.

I love this show and would highly recommend it. It's British family TV at its best. And as for wizards, Harry Potter eat your heart out!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Destiny of A Great Fourth Series Rests up on the Shoulders of its 1st Episode..., 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
1 Episode in and I can already tell that this may be the best series yet (series 2 is my top). The Darkest Hour was great. I like the fact that the story has gone all dark as well. I like dark stuff. I will defo be buying this as soon as I have the money (after my b'day). Great. Just Amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection at it's best, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
Just received this dvd today! I'm more then pleased with it. Merlin seems to go from strength to strength! *love* It's an incredible show and the dvd is well worth purchrusing. The cover art is gorgeous, and the inside slot has a lovly image of the knights, Arthur and Merlin. Beautiful! It also comes with some great and intresting freebies this time! And im super happy as i got featured on the dvd in the Merlin Superfans slide gallery! But it now! >W< its so amazing <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Merlin is simply the best program me on television!, 29 Nov 2011
A. M. Killick (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched many BBC productions over the years, some of them excellent but I have yet to find a series that everyone in my family can enjoy together - until now that is!
I am an older viewer and my parents are pensioners and its my mother's favourite programme too. This latest series has left me wondering what will happen next, there are always so many different things going on. The storylines are fantastic, the cast excel and I love everything about this show.
I have all the Merlin DVDs and often sit down and watch them on special occasions one after the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant series, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the whole series of merlin it just got better evry week. Colin Morgan , what a great actor

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
Season four foe me really showed a growing up of both Merlin and also the show itself.
Outstanding acting throughout, and terrific story's.
Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best season, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
I found this the best season. There's always a lot of talk about getting darker, but it seems to me it is usually more getting deeper. I thought the last two episodes - "The Sword in the Stone" - the best of any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always funny., 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
This is a series that I just can't get enougt of. I't always funny and the actors are perfect for the roles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merlin, Series 4 Vol 1, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
Series four is without a doubt the best so far. The same can be said about this DVD; the bonus material is great and the commentries are really interesting.

I really can't sing the BBC's praises high enough for giving us this programme. As an Arthurian legend enthusiast it's refreshing to see such an original take on the stories.

My favourite episode has to be 'The Wicked Day' as Colin Morgan is so funny (and convincing) as elderly Merlin. I definitely think he's an actor to look out for in the future, and this show is a wonderful platform for his (and his co-stars')talent.

The costumes are also better than ever in this series. It's obvious where the liscence fee money is are going!

I would also like to mention one of the most outstanding aspects of the series: the musical score. It's beautifully composed and played, and I thoroughly recommend buying the soundtracks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Merlin, 3 Nov 2011
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] (DVD)
This series gets better and better.Getting to the finale,we find Arthur as King,stronger with the help of Merlin, always there, but incognito. He guides Arthur in a slight,yet controlling way, always in a caring mode. The ambitious and treacherous Morgana has so far been nullified by Merlin. The superb 'Uncle' Agravine is played with pantomime wickedness. Facial expressions are superb. Gaius (Richard Wilson) has the wisdom that he explains but does not push unless necessary in the way of veteran maturity. The lovely,tolerant and loyal Gwen (Angel Coulby) keeps the romantic element ongoing with Arthur torn between heart and duty. The introduction of Queen Annis (Lindsay Duncan) has put another spoke in the Arthurian wheel that has stabilised the confrontation within Camelot for the time being but ultimately threatens. Morgana is bitter and revengeful. She recruits fellow villainous conspirators to bring Camelot to it's knees. Merlin is the stumbling block. Entrance him and he recovers. New allies with poisonous spells emerge. Serpents and subterfuge.Gaius is ever ready. Coerced forcibly to reveal Merlin's identity to a fellow sorcerer he puts things to right. Can they cope? Agravine's betrayal and Morgana's magic has lead to Arthur and Merlin fleeing Camelot. Intrigue and bitterness. Hope Arthur wakes up to the situation. Underlying humour adds to its addictive factor.

Can't wait for the next episodes nor the next series .Bring on the knights who are emerging and the dragon who is ever knowledgeable. The Knights are out. So are the sorceresses. Lamia (Charlene McKenna) does her best to destroy the Camelot set-up with her High Priestess knowledge of spells and serpents. Defended by Merlin and Gaius with the knights we move onto the next phase. Watch for Lancelot (risen from the dead?) Is Gwen emotionally in a dilemma? A plot by Morgana and Agravine. Is Gwen to be Queen? Lancelot intervenes. Gwen is dispatched by Arthur. Merlin's magic continues to mature under the guise of Gaius's direction. Keeps the whole series on track. Marvellous. Deserves attention. Bring on the dragons! They are not quite there. Sir Elyan (Gwen's brother) mixes up big time ignoring Merlin when the Knights find a spiritual sanctuary. Elyan rekindles the memories by becoming possessed and conjuring up the misdemeanours of Arthur. Merlin becomes more influential in a protective way and Arthur more appreciative of the knowledge and 'friendship' he has. Sparkling. Gwen will be back shortly. Fortunately to see through Morgana and Helios with the help of Merlin. Arthur's head may have been turned by Princess Mithian but Merlin asks whether it is his head or heart leading him. Agravine is a sharp needle in the thread. Just a matter of time. Gwen excels herself as does the series.Arthur realises who is with and without him.Wonderful. Morgana and Agravine are not finished. Who will be victors? Agravine is a snake. Gives Morgana's allies details of Camelot's arcitectural details. Invasion and a chaotic retreat from Arthur. Realises who his trusty friends are.Morgagna has the upperhand and camelot in her grasp. Gwen reappears. Keep watching. Best buy of the year.

Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD]
Merlin Series 4 Volume 1 BBC [DVD] by Colin Morgan (DVD - 2011)
5.87