on 14 October 2011
I stumbled upon the first book while i was looking for free books for my kindle The Blood that Bonds, realy enjoyed it and was looking forward to the next one. Blood Hunt is very well done and is hard to put down,i found myself sneeking out of the living room away from the TV and family : to read a few pages then getting court and feeling like i was cheating hahah. Can't wait for the next on Children of the sun. I would love to see this book made into a film ). While i'm waiting for the next book i have read Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortalis Vampire Series #1)Hunters & Prey (Immortalis, Book 2 Immortalis Vampire Series)Pandora's Box (Immortalis, Book 3 Immortalis Vampire Series) i think they are way under rated and if you like The Blood that Bonds and Blood hunt, i think you will like these i did.
on 29 January 2012
This reads better than the first book. There are fewer characters, less confusion, and better structure to the main story. I found the return of her lover from the first book a bit too fanciful and it drew attention away from what was building up to be a great outcome but which let me down. The return of the lover seemed almost contrived just so he return to the story for the next book. That aside, I thought this an enjoyable read which might encourage me to read the third story. I did like Naomi. I found her character sufficiently interesting to suggest a spin off book or two. To me, she was the star of this book, helped no doubt by her close friend Stephen being such a prat. Naomi has class, beauty and brains. Jakob is a typical stylish vampire and good guy who I wanted to pull through.

Read if you want a no nonsense vampire story.
on 17 March 2012
I haven't felt compelled to write a review of a book for ages. Which speaks volumes for this book as I'm writing this! I read on average three books per week. I find many entertaining, witty, and engaging enough to hold my attention to the final page. They don't get reviews however because they remain average. This story is an exception. It is totally captivating, with a story line you simply cannot put down. Each group of characters in this tale holds your attention with their own personal story. All are equally charismatic as the plot and their individual parts unfolds. They are all pulled together in a superb ending which just leaves you begging for the next chapter. A great read and you will not be disappointed..trust me!
on 5 March 2013
I enjoy the vampire genre in general (having started with Anne Rice and moved on from there) as each author has a slightly different take on that idea. I would advise reading book 1 first, which is also good. In this, book 2, we find out more about Christopher Buecheler's idea of vampire society and hierarchy as Two goes searching for and finds them. Two seems more selfish in this book, as though she only bothers with people she cares about when she needs them, which put me off her a little, and Tori self destructs to a certain degree, leading to a good twist in the story. It also introduces the Children of the Sun who we get more of in book 3, so keep reading. This is a good, enjoyable read for any vampire fans.
on 30 March 2012
OMG!!!! Absolutely loved this book, having read the first book with a bit of trepidation I was happily surprised. The book was fantastic and I couldn't put it down!!! Having finished the book and finding the next one ready for download I dived straight in. I wasn't disappointed, this book is as good if not better than the first and I found myself reading late into the night. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a face paced, action packed book. If your a lover of vampire novels or not, these books are fantastic. As was previously written I would recommend you read 'The blood that bonds' first so you can get to know the characters. HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!
on 17 May 2013
I nearly gave up at the beginning of the first book as I found it disjointed, but I am now hooked on the trilogy and going through the third book. There are great twists in this story that I was not expecting (and I wont spoil the story line by revealing them) and have made the book so much more enjoyable. Also as you progress through to the third book, the 'disjointed' feel from the first book are now making sense.

The book is all about vampires and the main characters are 'good' vampires.The story is not about 'blood drinking', but more about adventure, love and friendship.

ENjoy your read.
on 1 September 2011
Excellent! Just as addictive as the first book, The Blood That Bonds! Reading this just made me impatient to wait for this book to be available for download and it was worth the wait indeed! i have not read a vampire book before and now i am a Fan for life now. please hurry with the Children Of The Sun! Cannot wait! :-). Be warned you may bite if you get disturbed whilst reading these books!
on 8 January 2012
I bought this book after downloading the free first part of the Trilogy. The first was really easy to get into the storyline. Action, Drama and Romance all rolled into one. This book is quite a bit longer than the first, and introduces some new characters into the storyline.
Loved both books, and now waiting, impatiently, so I can get the final third one once it comes out.
For the small amount of peanuts it is to purchase these books, I can only add that it is well worth getting these...thank you Mr Buecheler but...please get your finger out I need the third one ;-)
on 30 August 2011
Second installment of a vampire trilogy. In this one Two's Lover is dead and she is no longer a vampire. She spends her nights looking for more vamps to hopefully change that situation. what happens is more than she could have ever imagined.
Brilliantly wrote, Leaves you hanging from chapter to chapter, makes you tut, laugh or say ' nooooooo' out loud. Its a page turner and well worth a read.

If you haven't already, go download 'the blood that bonds' first. Get acquainted with Two and the whole story. I'm sure you will love it as much as i did.
The writing is exceptional and the plot was engaging - both are to a 5 star quality.
However I've removed a star because I grew to dislike Two as she is very selfish in this book and other people are continuously getting hurt because of her. It distracted me to the point where I didn't want to 'leave' the other characters to focus on her.

But, niggles aside, I can't wait for the final book in the trilogy - I particularly want to see Naomi and Sasha find some happiness, and find Rhes, Sarah, Molly and Jakob entertaining too.