5.0 out of 5 stars iPad charger
Excellent quality and as far as I can tell it's as good as the original!
Very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it.
Published 4 months ago by Lancashire Lass

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product design - scrapped!
Published 21 months ago by C. P. Dyckes

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product design - scrapped!, 1 Jan 2013
C. P. Dyckes "Colin" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two Port 2.1A USB Car Charger - Charge 2 USB devices at once, no more arguments over the car charger! Compatible with all Apple iPad iPhone and iPod models, all HTC and Samsung models including Samsung P1000 tablet (Personal Computers)
I bought two of these devices for dual-charging of smartphones. Unfortunately, the ones I received both had a major mechanical design fault in that the side springs were nowhere near strong enough to retain the device in the 'cigar lighter' socket of either of our two cars, even at rest. I literally had to hold the device in the socket, at a slight angle, to get it to work, so they certainly weren't going to work mobile as even the slightest bump caused them to move, lose contact, and stop charging.

Come On!! The standard cigarette/cigar leighter socket has been around for as long as I have (a long time), and it's an appalling oversight for even a cheap product to not seat and stay seated mechanically.

Couldn't be bothered to return them so just binned them. You have been warned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Product, 21 May 2012
Very poor product, has stopped working on one of the two USB ports after being used twice!!! So Buyer beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars It was dissapointing, 22 Nov 2012
The purpose of this was to enable my partner and I to charge both our phones whilst driving. I checked out a cable in our house tolink the phone to the charger, it worked fine. Then we went out to the car plugged the charger in and a green light came on. I then plugged the phone in. The green light on he charger went out. The phone was not chatging. No other chargers would work after that it must have blown a fuse. It was very dissappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars It broke down, 9 Dec 2012
After using it a few times the one of the white plastic inside that separates the two USBs came off. Also it broke again

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!, 5 Aug 2012
This item was dead on arrival. Checked in two cars and a selection of devices ( phone, iPod, iPad etc ) but didn't work with any combination. My Belkin micro usb charger worked with all combinations so returned this device and ordered 2 of the Belkin ones instead. Product is of low quality, cheap plastic and what feels like very dodgy spring-loaded center connector. My advice would be to avoid this item...

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me at first, 8 May 2012
I have bought this item because the description specifically states, that it works with Samsung models. Well, it doesn't. At least not with Samsung Galaxy Ace. I have found the solution on the internet, opened up the gadget, short circuited USB data contacts (the middle two contacts) and now it works well. Build quality is pretty poor, though. But its worth of its money.

2.0 out of 5 stars hmm, 17 Sep 2012
I'm quite happy with it charging one phone but when I had to charge two phones it really stugled and even stoped chargeing at one point. I mostlly use it for one phone so that's the reason I'll keep it any way. Thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars Generates interference, 2 Jan 2013
Product generates chronic RF interference when use, making it impossible to listen to the car radio at the same time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, 15 Mar 2013
On first use I found that only one of the USB sockets worked (tried with my blackberry and tomtom). After a couple of uses the second USB socket only worked intermittently - it looks like there is a loose connection inside as it works if you pull the cable to the side. However, this is not ideal whilst driving!!

I didn't bother returning it as it cost so little and have since bought the Griffin Dual USB car charger and it is extremely good and a lot smaller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 8 Sep 2014
Sadly, this item doesn't work. It doesn't charge my iPad 2, not does it charge my iPhone. It came with a cable (iPad 1/2 style), which was an unexpected bonus, but unfortunately I still get no power out of the unit.

I bought this to replace one that I thought I'd lost. Since I've now found my original, I can't actually be bothered to send it back for replacement or refund.