5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Stuff!
This kit is fantastic and makes a great stocking filler for Christmas. I'm a bit of a chilli sauce connoisseur and have spent a small fortune searching for the perfect sauce - now I make my own :-) There's loads of recipes and they're easy to follow - the Thai fish sauce recipe is a particular favourite of mine. Looking forward to growing my own chilli's in the new year!
Published on 15 Nov 2011 by Mr L

3.0 out of 5 stars in the growing stage right now
we love chilli, and we love gardening, so this is one way to find out if we can make our own chilli sauce, wont be ready to make for a few months but hopeful that everything will taste gorgeous once made
Published 5 months ago by ANNIE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Stuff!, 15 Nov 2011
This review is from: eKitch Make Your Own Chilli Sauce Kit - Grow Your Own Chillies and Make Your Own Sauce, Great Gift (Grocery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby, 2 Feb 2012
It's a good kit, it gives you what you need to start making chilli sauces and jams. The seeds i got with the kit were jalapeños, scotch bonnet (habenaro) and cayenne. The scotch bonnets are by far the hottest. The recipe booklet tells you how to grow chillies, giving you a few useful tips that are unique to chilli growing. The recipes given are OK, but i only got given 9... some pages were blank when they shouldve had recipes on! but im sure i can easily find thousands of recipes on the internet. and lastly, the bottles are good quality but theyre a little on the small side - they can hold about a big mouthful of sauce.

Overall it's a good kit and i think i could recommend it, but i cant help thinking that it would've been cheaper to buy chilli seeds and a chilli recipe book, and just kept some old airtight bottles to store the sauce in

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but a nice gift, 6 May 2013
This is quite a basic kit and you probably don't need to buy it in order to grow and make chilies. If you've already got jam jars, download a recipe online and buy the seeds separately, it'd be much cheaper.
However, if you're buying it as a gift then go for it, it would make a nice gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Present, 5 Feb 2013
Floyd Keane "Floyd" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Bought for my father inlaw and xmas and he loved it. Its a great little set an just waiting for the peppers to grow

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
perfect

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm Chilli. I just wish I could grow it., 30 May 2014
A nice little present, except that we haven't used it yet because you need soil, and we don't have soil, and buying soil means having a big bag of soil that we don't need. I thought about stealing some from the neighbours garden, but they have a big dog. And the ones on the other side dont really like me, so i dont want to upset them.

Once I tried to get some when I was on a walk, but it just got my wallet and phone all dirty, and I have a hole in my pockets, so it kind of trickled down my leg and out at the bottom. The bath was filthy after I showered that day.

I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy some soil.

Maybe I could give away what I don't use? or donate it to a nursery?

I'll update this review when we're all sauced up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift, 15 April 2014
I bought this for my husband's birthday it's an excellent gift you have a window from January to May to grow your own chilli's but you can buy your chilli's from the supermarket and make your own sauce it's a brilliant idea and my hubby loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars in the growing stage right now, 27 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilli sauce kit, 26 Mar 2014
Purchased this as a gift for my son in law, so don't really know how good it is, but it looks ok as a gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Make Your Own Sauce Kit, 24 Feb 2014
Would recommend this - this was a great gift - easy to use simple instructions - Just can't wait to taste and sample

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›