on 20 September 2012
i was very disappointed with these earphones. The quality was the worse I have ever encountered even on cheap or free items. There was hardly any sound let alone any bass. The pair I recieved may have been faulty and were therefore sent back. Amazon were swift to authorise a refund and return postage was free
on 27 January 2012
Very pleased with the quality, and I get very good volume as it fits so snugly in my ear.

I might buy some more pairs of these.
on 9 February 2015
The sound quality through these earphones are excellence in relation to the price, and I personally cant find any other noise isolating earphones which feel more comfortable and actually stay in the ear without falling out every five minutes.

The reason it loses a star is mainly because of its durability, despite the great sound quality for the price, the actual wiring inside the headphones seem lower quality. I am currently on my third pair within two years, and the same issue persists. One of the earphones eventually become unresponsive and sound stops coming out of it after a while; this could be due to the fact that I wear them everyday and that they are squashed in my pocket, however it seems a bit excessive. The rubber grip/cover over the end of the wire also seems to become lose and slips off occasional when trying to remove it from my iPod.
on 16 December 2013
I have bought these as the cheapest headphones I could find in Curry's, and was blown away by the quality!! A huge leap from using the old iPhone headphones apple supply you with, I even prefer these to my JVC Xtreme Xplosives big headphones, the GumyPlus is better quality.

The fit is super comfy for my ears, I can keep them in all day and not feel a thing. The noise isolation is brilliant, means I don't can listen without annoying others and don't have to hear any of the outside world whatsoever

Not to mention the price, these are an absolute steal

With regard to longevity, I can't really comment as I lose a lot of stuff and using these every single day they get forgotten from time to time. Still at £5.50 I really don't care about buying another pair.

Fantastic product
on 18 September 2012
As my Wife & i are avid listeners to Audiobooks we have several mp3 players & i have purchased from Amazon several different types of earphones, up to now all very good. Firstly the JVC HAFX5BE Gumy Plus Noise Isolating Headphones arrived in the toughest Bubble pack that i have ever had to do battle with. You have to be careful not to damage the product inside & this means utterly destroying the plastic peacemeal.
They look flimsy, the silicon collars look very fragile, but mine will last forever because the sound is rubbish, ie Right hand volume approx half volume of left, i tried 3 different mp3 players all the same.
No package left to return them, plastic totaly destroyed. plus i did not check right away (my fault). but i would not recommend nor buy another JVC replacement.
on 27 March 2014
These were comfortable to wear, but they didn't last long at all before they went wrong. I had hoped being by JVC and a bit more expensive they might have been better than some of the cheaper versions out there. They weren't, I wouldn't bother again.
on 29 May 2015
Brilliant product and service as usual. I've went through so many of these JVC earphones. Bass reproduction is excellent for the price. I use these everyday (literally) and for the price you can't go wrong...It could last a bit longer though. This is my second pair this year already.Bought 1st pair in early February, and last week, one of the earbuds decided to literally fall apart in my hands (hence a star is lost). Nevertheless I really like them. Do not go for the cheaper options of these types of earphones as they'll most likely be fake. I've been a victim of buying the cheaper ones, and the differences are apparent immediately. Sent back fake pair, within 30 mins of opening. Overall brilliant product and service A*****
on 21 August 2012
BEWARE! What I received was nothing at all like the picture. I was sent the cheapest and most ineffective Gumy earphones which not only are NOT noise isolating, but do not remain in the ear.
Buy another product instead!
on 10 August 2012
Well, how can I start....

At the opening of the package I have noted a very flimsy and short cord that has not transpired any confidence about longevity but for £6 something I cannot complain to much but, the ergonomics are OK as they fit tightly and comfortably but, it was when I plug it to my mobile that I became horrified with the very poor sound quality, I have a standard Apple headphones that came with an Ipod and not thinking highly of them they have so mutch more quality that makes the JVC's to be a kids joke as they have so very little bass that it makes them useless if you like even slightly of music.

All in all, skip this ones and buy something better or, face the consequences :)
on 24 April 2012
I was given these by a friend... I was instantly blown away by the bass these things are capable of, They have amazing noise cancelling as well, I would definitely buy these, My Dubstep sounds a hell of a lot better now.