Style Name: Wirless Door BellChange

on 24 January 2013
This door chime kit arrived quickly, was simple to install, and works exactly as expected.
I wanted something to plug in upstairs where I previously couldn't hear the doorbell very well, plus a portable unit I can take outside in the garden with me when I am outside but expecting a delivery.
My previous cordless doorchime had the problem of getting out of range too easily, and the battery going often leaving me with no warning it wasn't working.

This one us much superior and means if I am in the house I won't miss a caller no matter where I am. The units look neat and unobtrusive in use. There is a choice of tones. I've had no interference from anything else wireless in the house. I would recommend this!
0Comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2014
I purchased this door chime system to utilise the facility of a mains powerd door chime and a portable chime using the same bell push; the idea being that the portable chime was free to be used in garage or garden depending on the circumstances and deliverymen wouldn't be confused by seperate bell pushes. I bought the claimed 100m version as the sitting area from the bell push on the front door was no more than 25m distance. The house is a 1950's semi (substantial walls) however, I would have expected to have achieved more than 15m even without direct line of sight which unfortunately it failed to achieve; getting it operate through the wall of the adjacent garage was a complete non starter. Item was returned as unsuitable for my needs. Well done Amazon on a painless and efficient returns procedure, refund immediate and I was able to drop the item in anto a local shop for collection therefore avoiding the Post Office opening times and long queues.
on 22 October 2012
I needed this kit because my hearing is not too good and when upstairs I would often miss callers. I got it in haste 4 months ago from another (more expensive) retailer. We keep the mains unit plugged in downstairs and the battery unit upstairs. In that configuration the chime is loud enough for me to hear all over the house. The bell push was easy to fit to our wooden door with the provided screws. The supplied button battery ran out of steam quite quickly, but after replacement things are going fine. The battery chime unit is still working well on its first set of batteries.
on 17 April 2013
Good value for money, does the job and flexible in that you can buy an extra switch or even an extra door chime if you want.
on 15 September 2013
I bought this product on the basis of the reviews and installed as per instructions, only to find that the battery BY201 device in the pack kept beeping loudly even once Set up. I contacted Byron support who confirmed that this was a fault with the battery device and recommended that I exchange it. I contacted Amazon Marketplace, and the supplier Westhalls dispatched a replacement the same day with a returns envelope. A working replacement arrived within 48 hours. This is what I call stress free problem resolution. Product seems very good so far, and service is impressive. Harder to come up trumps when things so wrong - well done Amazon and Westhalls
on 29 January 2014
how come our species put a man on the moon over 40 years ago... yet can not design and build a simple door chime that lasts more than a few months.... plug in unit is dead , the roaming one still works.... JOY.
on 8 February 2014
Fine if your in the same room as the chime. I wanted in the hall and could hardly hear it with the doors closed. Sound is of poor quality. Returned for a refund.
on 31 January 2013
Great product only minor issue, two of the chimes very short so easy to miss. Carries easily for 50m down stairs and through two rooms.
on 15 June 2012
They have a quality design and are quite loud as a whole, though in terms of the sharp note some people may be after then maybe look elsewhere but as long as you don't have loud football playing near the doorbell you will definitely hear this throughout the house and of course the second one is for the hard to hear places anyway. So yes, I would recommend this bell because I have had many in the past and recently my main wireless doorbell broke and I had to get a replacement and I didn't want to compromise on quality. Furthermore the bell is a sturdy quality with a little red light to let people know it has rang. It is a bit more expensive however being metres and good quality I think it is worth it. The 50 metre one's I had bought simply do not do the job, Trust me on this, even if the distance is 25 metres I assure you it won't work.

Anyway, its worth an extra 10ner to get a good quality doorbell that will last, so the choice is yours.
on 28 February 2014
Everything fine, good looks, good sound, but fails on doing the job.
The door bell push has to be pressed extremely firmly to activate
I have had numerous visitors waiting outside who have pressed it
with no activation, eventually phoning me to announce their presence.
Worse than no door bell!