4.0 out of 5 stars Garmingon plus
Published on 21 Nov. 2012 by Fransexluimi

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design and poor build quality
I bought a Navigon 70 premium about 2 years ago....I'll never buy another Navigon product again!!
The first one would take 10-15 mins to find the satellites and then wouldn't charge so it went back to Germany at my cost. I had it returned to me with a repair report.

The second model - repaired - is chock full of glitches.
It doesn't take a full post...
Published 12 months ago by Ian Croasdale

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmingon plus, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Navigon 72 Plus 5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (44 Countries) (Electronics)
I did not realize until I uprated my NAVIGON 70+ to the full 72 specifications, when prompted by the firm, that Garmin had taken over Navigon...that the device is really useful and flexible in use with an extremely simple hand movement over the screen. It's easy to see the detail; and the route is given with choices. This is a really good machine with a battery which at last does not run down quickly as my previous (and more expensive) Navigon model did. Very accurate destinations are pinpointed across Europe: if you put in 24 Railway Cuttings East Cheam it gets you to the door. I still have not worked out (other than using a postcode) how to get it to take me to the Railway station, bus station or airport...except that it will find a car park there! A real gripe and it's probably that I have not managed to identify how this is done... A warning, as it's not that straightforward to set up to work away from the original demo mode it comes with, do not be tempted to reboot it to do so. Unlike the other previous Navigon the action results in having to reset it from the computer...Nevertheless it is a very good machine, very useful and versatile in getting you there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design and poor build quality, 29 April 2014

The second model - repaired - is chock full of glitches.
It doesn't take a full post code - only the first four digits/letters - which only gets you to an approximate area!!

It sometimes freezes or spontaneously reboots - usually when you need it the most! It seems to overheat.

The suction window attachment only works when warm!!! The rubber is inflexible when cold and so in winter it can't be attached until warm?

The TMC feature rarely if ever works - very annoying as this is a primary feature.

Today I wanted to go to a big hospital in Bristol and it's not even listed in the Points of Interest under Healthcare. It's a big hospital for Gods sake!!

Today was a bad day as the charger also broke where it attaches to the unit! A new one will cost me £20.

When routing it underestimates the likely time of arrival. If travelling for one hour, add 10 mins is my basic rule for this.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift....it's basically poorly designed unreliable and crap!