5.0 out of 5 stars Active USB extension
I bought this and a Kinect power supply to extend my Xbox Kinect.
It works very well.
I also tested it on a PC and USB flash memory stick. The extension cable is recognised as a hub device. I could read and write to the memory stick OK.
Published on 27 Feb 2012 by 0898989898

2.0 out of 5 stars Whats it supposed to do?
Oh you mean work properly-having waited months been given reorder excuses the only thing this misrepresented product does isprovide power to a cooling fan array.....disappointed.Will try test and repair solutions and accept defeat shame!
Published 14 months ago by Donald

5.0 out of 5 stars Active USB extension, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: WMA 10M USB 2.0 Extension Cable Active Repeater (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this and a Kinect power supply to extend my Xbox Kinect.
It works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 21 Jun 2012
I know in theory voltage drop on USB cables means you're not supposed to go beyond 5 metres, and I'm not sure how this cable overcomes that, but it shows up in Windows as a hub and I was able to use it in conjunction with a 5 metre cable to get a Bluetooth dongle into a location where it could act as a transceiver for a solar panel monitoring transceiver with too weak a signal to reach the PC concerned.

Excellent for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Repeater, 8 Dec 2013
I'm using it to connect my PC in the office to a hard drive storage for the TV in the lounge, next room. There does not appear to be an 'Active cylindrical repeater' at the 5mtr position as shown in the picture . . . it's just a straight cable I have no idea whether the repeater is of significance or whether the cable supplied is as efficient as it could be . . . but it works !

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Signal Over Long Cable, 20 Oct 2013
A very good signal transmittion! Using it with a web cam on the other end, works superbly.
Quick delivery and excillent value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, bad customer service, 14 Oct 2013
I purchases this as a usb extension and received it by end of April. In August I started experiencing intermittent uninstall/Install indications from Windows but as I had several Items attached it took weeks to trace the fault. I finally traced it to this unit. I sent several emails to this company, but everyone went unanswered. All I can put this down to is very poor quality (didn't last 6 months) and very bad customer service - to not even reply is very poor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Whats it supposed to do?, 12 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Shooting teathered cable, 28 July 2013
Seems to work fine but sometimes needs plugging / unplugging for continuous use. Good length and seemingly well made. Will prove extremely useful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Look like I got a duff one also, 2 Jun 2013
Bought this a week ago, it does not work with Win 7. I see from the reviews it works with XP.
I haven't got a machine running XP though so I can't prove it, I will have to send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well, 28 May 2013
This cable does what the company claim for it - my printer and scanner are now working perfectly on the other side of the room with no hiccups!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 9 May 2013
I have used this cable to replace a 5m length of 5 daisy chained usb extensions which were giving erratic performance. This cable has solved all my issues and gives great results with the web cam I intended it for. I have also tried with an external HD without any problems. The cable was instantly recognised and installed by XP SP3. Also, I ordered it at 7.00am and it arrived the next day - great !