5.0 out of 5 stars Mario is still the King when comes to platform games!!!!!!!!
Published on 24 Oct 2011 by Dragonlord

2.0 out of 5 stars very hard to play
i bought this for my 6 year old,he found it very difficult to play,even my 9 year old found it hard.they have many other games for older age groups which cause no problems. Iwould only recommend this game fpr older children.
Published 8 months ago by brenda

5.0 out of 5 stars Mario is still the King when comes to platform games!!!!!!!!, 24 Oct 2011
Dragonlord (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Selects: Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii) (Video Game)
I have been playing Mario games from the beginning with Super Mario Bros on the N.E.S and for me Mario 64 was the best Mario game until Super Mario Galaxy came along. I don't know how Nintendo do it but they some how always find new ways in keeping the Mario games fresh and they always play like a dream. As you might have already gussed in Mario Galaxy you travel the universe and the levels are simply breathtaking. Mario has never looked so good and I can't stop smiling as I try collecting all the stars in this most amazing game. If you love this game then buy yourself a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 which improves on this amazing game!

5.0 out of 5 stars A GALAXY OF INNOVATIVE IDEAS AND FUN!, 11 Oct 2011
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When it comes to Mario games, the last one I owned was Super Mario Land 2 for the GameBoy. Boy was I in for a surprise!

SUPER MARIO GALAXY is a phenomenal game, one that took the franchise into a whole new direction, added another dimension and opened up an entire, well, galaxy, of jumping, running, flying, spiraling, swimming, star-gathering, planet-hoping and princess-saving.

The graphics fit the Wii perfectly and as stunning as they may be it is the sounds and music that will make this masterpiece of a game unforgettable.

SMG can be played with the Wiimote (Nunchuk required). The controls are easy to pick up and quick to master.

This is the "NINTENDO Selects" edition which is identical to the original release (with the exception that the disc is mate and not shiny).

A game all my family greatly enjoyed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a Well Worn Idea and Give It The Third Dimension, 16 Jan 2012
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's amazing how Nintendo have made this last. Mario arrives in a town, everyone is pleased to see him. Bowser arrives and steals Princess Peach. Mario has to rescue her. That's the plot of every Mario game so far, but the gameplay is always different.

The key difference here is that Mario is taken into 3 dimensions. Using the control stick on the nunchuck moves Mario around, while shaking the wiimote spins him around, plus you've got the A and B button doing jumps and firing "star bits."

The bit that's hard to get round is that Mario can now walk around in three directions, so it's occasionally forgotten that Mario can walk off the edge of something and underneath it. Sometimes this is great fun because gravity sends him in different directions, and you have to complete levels upside down.

The general principle behind the game hasn't changed; get through a series of levels, defeat the boss, move on. Some changes have been made where you can go back to a level, and there might be a new time limit, or you may only have one life to complete the whole level.

Lots to like in this updated version of a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining game - the best we purchased for the WII so far, 8 Jan 2012
S. A. Lopes Baptista (Utrecht, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Last december we bought a WII for our 5-year old son, as there are not that much games suited for him on the PS3. Since he's a Mario Kart fan (on the DS), we started of with that game. Many reviews were very positive about Mario Galaxy as well, so we bought that one too. Although it still is a little bit too difficult for him (dad needs to do most of the work ;)) he really enjoys this game and I must say, so does dad! The control can be a little tricky at first, as soon as you've got the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. We're still pretty much at the start of the game so I can't really judge on difficulty, but so far it's not too easy and not too difficult either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Mario Galaxy, 30 Dec 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We have Super Mario Galaxy 2 which my 7 year old son really enjoys. He asked for the original game for Christmas and Santa delivered. He hasn't completed the game and is having great fun with it. I have to say that so far things for the 2nd player to do are few and far between (yes - I am that 2nd player!).

Worth buying, but probably better for just one player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
Great game

5.0 out of 5 stars My son has really enjoyed playing this game, 3 Jun 2014
A nice 3d-style platform game which is easy to follow but has loads of levels. My son loves it and I like watching him play (and being super-helpful about what to do-how annoying am I!). Great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mario games since the snes era, 2 Jun 2014
I'll keep it short and sweet. This is THE best mario game since Mario 64! Gameplay is great and the in game music even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Mario Galaxy, 18 May 2014
A great game and my son loved it. Delivery was quick and the price was good. I would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars As always, extremely playable and very charming, 11 May 2014
Brida "izumi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Before I bought this game, I actually already had SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2. Loving that game so much, I then wanted to get the first in the Super Mario Galaxy series, to see where it all began. I am so glad that I did. Having already played SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2, it was easy to see where similarities lay. In SUPER MARIO GALAXY, Mario is given the ability to fly through the universe so that he can collect star bits and stars in order to travel across the universe to save Princess Peach from Bowser. As in the sequel to this game, SUPER MARIO GALAXY sees Mario killing his enemies manly by swivelling close to them. This either stuns them or turns them into star bits, which you can then collect. Also, you are able to wear a bee suit in some levels, enabling Mario to fly for short bursts. Initially, this game starts off quite slowly - it is easy to progress and to collect stars, opening up new planets so that you can progress through the universe. However, there are elements to this game that requires skill.
As part of the Mario franchise, this game is a delight. The planets are all interesting and they all encourage you to explore them in order to find star bits or coins. As a platform game, SUPER MARIO GALAXY ticks all of the boxes. The levels aren't too long, and it is good that you can easily go backwards through planets you have already explored, in order to make sure that you have covered all ground and collected as much as you can.
Highly recommended, as is SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2.

Nintendo Selects: Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii)
16.89