on 24 October 2011
I have been playing Mario games from the beginning with Super Mario Bros on the N.E.S and for me Mario 64 was the best Mario game until Super Mario Galaxy came along. I don't know how Nintendo do it but they some how always find new ways in keeping the Mario games fresh and they always play like a dream. As you might have already gussed in Mario Galaxy you travel the universe and the levels are simply breathtaking. Mario has never looked so good and I can't stop smiling as I try collecting all the stars in this most amazing game. If you love this game then buy yourself a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 which improves on this amazing game!
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2012
It's amazing how Nintendo have made this last. Mario arrives in a town, everyone is pleased to see him. Bowser arrives and steals Princess Peach. Mario has to rescue her. That's the plot of every Mario game so far, but the gameplay is always different.

The key difference here is that Mario is taken into 3 dimensions. Using the control stick on the nunchuck moves Mario around, while shaking the wiimote spins him around, plus you've got the A and B button doing jumps and firing "star bits."

The bit that's hard to get round is that Mario can now walk around in three directions, so it's occasionally forgotten that Mario can walk off the edge of something and underneath it. Sometimes this is great fun because gravity sends him in different directions, and you have to complete levels upside down.

The general principle behind the game hasn't changed; get through a series of levels, defeat the boss, move on. Some changes have been made where you can go back to a level, and there might be a new time limit, or you may only have one life to complete the whole level.

Lots to like in this updated version of a classic.
on 8 January 2012
Last december we bought a WII for our 5-year old son, as there are not that much games suited for him on the PS3. Since he's a Mario Kart fan (on the DS), we started of with that game. Many reviews were very positive about Mario Galaxy as well, so we bought that one too. Although it still is a little bit too difficult for him (dad needs to do most of the work ;)) he really enjoys this game and I must say, so does dad! The control can be a little tricky at first, as soon as you've got the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. We're still pretty much at the start of the game so I can't really judge on difficulty, but so far it's not too easy and not too difficult either.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 October 2011
When it comes to Mario games, the last one I owned was Super Mario Land 2 for the GameBoy. Boy was I in for a surprise!

SUPER MARIO GALAXY is a phenomenal game, one that took the franchise into a whole new direction, added another dimension and opened up an entire, well, galaxy, of jumping, running, flying, spiraling, swimming, star-gathering, planet-hoping and princess-saving.

The graphics fit the Wii perfectly and as stunning as they may be it is the sounds and music that will make this masterpiece of a game unforgettable.

SMG can be played with the Wiimote (Nunchuk required). The controls are easy to pick up and quick to master.

This is the "NINTENDO Selects" edition which is identical to the original release (with the exception that the disc is mate and not shiny).

A game all my family greatly enjoyed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Before I bought this game, I actually already had SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2. Loving that game so much, I then wanted to get the first in the Super Mario Galaxy series, to see where it all began. I am so glad that I did. Having already played SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2, it was easy to see where similarities lay. In SUPER MARIO GALAXY, Mario is given the ability to fly through the universe so that he can collect star bits and stars in order to travel across the universe to save Princess Peach from Bowser. As in the sequel to this game, SUPER MARIO GALAXY sees Mario killing his enemies manly by swivelling close to them. This either stuns them or turns them into star bits, which you can then collect. Also, you are able to wear a bee suit in some levels, enabling Mario to fly for short bursts. Initially, this game starts off quite slowly - it is easy to progress and to collect stars, opening up new planets so that you can progress through the universe. However, there are elements to this game that requires skill.
As part of the Mario franchise, this game is a delight. The planets are all interesting and they all encourage you to explore them in order to find star bits or coins. As a platform game, SUPER MARIO GALAXY ticks all of the boxes. The levels aren't too long, and it is good that you can easily go backwards through planets you have already explored, in order to make sure that you have covered all ground and collected as much as you can.
Highly recommended, as is SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2.
on 16 September 2014
What my 11 year old son has to say: Greeeeaaaat! I love this game! I'm currently on my 24th star, cosmic Mario race 1. The game is quite complicated, but rescue Luigi (the best fiction character EVER) from Ghostly Galaxy and he might start getting power stars for you. Luigi is playable, but not until you collect 120 power stars and beat bowser 3 times. The best part is the skills Mario (and Luigi) have, returning from sm64, including the backflip, the ground pound and who could forget, the triple jump. And it is 3D. And those lumas! They're so cute (not like Mario and Luigi aren't cute themselves)! By the way, always try the missions first yourself before looking it up on YouTube, as most of them are ''discoverable'' without it. I also discovered that if you press Z on the nunchuck (you have to have a wiimote and nunchuck) just after spinning, you will do a ground pound that homes in on bad guys (as well as other things). Lastly, you might want to buy it from a game shop as I did for only £12.
on 4 March 2014
I bought this for my 10 year old and it is an amazing game. It is designed to be mainly a one player game, two can play but the second player is a sort of "assistant". It has fantastic graphics that are so realistic. I have had a go myself on the 'water planet' and you have to surf around a course and it made me feel dizzy it was so realistic! My daughter doesn't have this problem - it is my age! There are many different planets and levels, and you have to achieve all you are supposed to (killing aliens, finding things) and progress to each different planet in order to rescue the princess. My daughter has been playing this for a while now, and has still not got to the end, so there is a lot of play value in it. It would probably be too difficult for younger players, but for my daughters age group (10) or around that - it is fine, I would say there is no upper age limit at all - I can attest to that!
on 30 December 2011
We have Super Mario Galaxy 2 which my 7 year old son really enjoys. He asked for the original game for Christmas and Santa delivered. He hasn't completed the game and is having great fun with it. I have to say that so far things for the 2nd player to do are few and far between (yes - I am that 2nd player!).

Worth buying, but probably better for just one player.
on 13 May 2012
This game is so much fun, Mario games have so many different types of gameplay, that are very replayable, especailly the star worlds which are often very difficult. Am a big fan of Mario! he has the best games available on Wii, If I were to recommend any games for Wii then it would be New Mario bros Wii, Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Okami, Mario Kart and Geometry Wars(with a gamecube controller). Mario maybe 50 years old but he's better than ever in my experience, he brings action adventure to all ages with interestingly humorous charactors that you won't soon forget. You won't find this cheaper else where so why not start your adventure here!
on 24 July 2013
My Grandson who is 8 was here on holiday in June and he asked for this game, and hoped it was in England when he got home. He had made a pact with his Mum that if he was good!! I would send for it for him. He knows I see no bad in him so he was on a winner!! He is thrilled with it and it arrived only two days after they got back to England, which was quicker than we expected.