5.0 out of 5 stars Mario is still the King when comes to platform games!!!!!!!!
Published on 24 Oct. 2011 by Dragonlord

2.0 out of 5 stars very hard to play
i bought this for my 6 year old,he found it very difficult to play,even my 9 year old found it hard.they have many other games for older age groups which cause no problems. Iwould only recommend this game fpr older children.
Published 13 months ago by brenda

5.0 out of 5 stars Mario is still the King when comes to platform games!!!!!!!!, 24 Oct. 2011
Dragonlord (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Selects: Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii) (Video Game)
I have been playing Mario games from the beginning with Super Mario Bros on the N.E.S and for me Mario 64 was the best Mario game until Super Mario Galaxy came along. I don't know how Nintendo do it but they some how always find new ways in keeping the Mario games fresh and they always play like a dream. As you might have already gussed in Mario Galaxy you travel the universe and the levels are simply breathtaking. Mario has never looked so good and I can't stop smiling as I try collecting all the stars in this most amazing game. If you love this game then buy yourself a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 which improves on this amazing game!

5.0 out of 5 stars A GALAXY OF INNOVATIVE IDEAS AND FUN!, 11 Oct. 2011
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When it comes to Mario games, the last one I owned was Super Mario Land 2 for the GameBoy. Boy was I in for a surprise!

SUPER MARIO GALAXY is a phenomenal game, one that took the franchise into a whole new direction, added another dimension and opened up an entire, well, galaxy, of jumping, running, flying, spiraling, swimming, star-gathering, planet-hoping and princess-saving.

The graphics fit the Wii perfectly and as stunning as they may be it is the sounds and music that will make this masterpiece of a game unforgettable.

SMG can be played with the Wiimote (Nunchuk required). The controls are easy to pick up and quick to master.

This is the "NINTENDO Selects" edition which is identical to the original release (with the exception that the disc is mate and not shiny).

A game all my family greatly enjoyed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a Well Worn Idea and Give It The Third Dimension, 16 Jan. 2012
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's amazing how Nintendo have made this last. Mario arrives in a town, everyone is pleased to see him. Bowser arrives and steals Princess Peach. Mario has to rescue her. That's the plot of every Mario game so far, but the gameplay is always different.

The key difference here is that Mario is taken into 3 dimensions. Using the control stick on the nunchuck moves Mario around, while shaking the wiimote spins him around, plus you've got the A and B button doing jumps and firing "star bits."

The bit that's hard to get round is that Mario can now walk around in three directions, so it's occasionally forgotten that Mario can walk off the edge of something and underneath it. Sometimes this is great fun because gravity sends him in different directions, and you have to complete levels upside down.

The general principle behind the game hasn't changed; get through a series of levels, defeat the boss, move on. Some changes have been made where you can go back to a level, and there might be a new time limit, or you may only have one life to complete the whole level.

Lots to like in this updated version of a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining game - the best we purchased for the WII so far, 8 Jan. 2012
S. A. Lopes Baptista (Utrecht, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Last december we bought a WII for our 5-year old son, as there are not that much games suited for him on the PS3. Since he's a Mario Kart fan (on the DS), we started of with that game. Many reviews were very positive about Mario Galaxy as well, so we bought that one too. Although it still is a little bit too difficult for him (dad needs to do most of the work ;)) he really enjoys this game and I must say, so does dad! The control can be a little tricky at first, as soon as you've got the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. We're still pretty much at the start of the game so I can't really judge on difficulty, but so far it's not too easy and not too difficult either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game of Mario and Luigi, 16 Sept. 2014
What my 11 year old son has to say: Greeeeaaaat! I love this game! I'm currently on my 24th star, cosmic Mario race 1. The game is quite complicated, but rescue Luigi (the best fiction character EVER) from Ghostly Galaxy and he might start getting power stars for you. Luigi is playable, but not until you collect 120 power stars and beat bowser 3 times. The best part is the skills Mario (and Luigi) have, returning from sm64, including the backflip, the ground pound and who could forget, the triple jump. And it is 3D. And those lumas! They're so cute (not like Mario and Luigi aren't cute themselves)! By the way, always try the missions first yourself before looking it up on YouTube, as most of them are ''discoverable'' without it. I also discovered that if you press Z on the nunchuck (you have to have a wiimote and nunchuck) just after spinning, you will do a ground pound that homes in on bad guys (as well as other things). Lastly, you might want to buy it from a game shop as I did for only £12.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Mario Galaxy, 30 Dec. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We have Super Mario Galaxy 2 which my 7 year old son really enjoys. He asked for the original game for Christmas and Santa delivered. He hasn't completed the game and is having great fun with it. I have to say that so far things for the 2nd player to do are few and far between (yes - I am that 2nd player!).

Worth buying, but probably better for just one player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
Great game

5.0 out of 5 stars My son has really enjoyed playing this game, 3 Jun. 2014
A nice 3d-style platform game which is easy to follow but has loads of levels. My son loves it and I like watching him play (and being super-helpful about what to do-how annoying am I!). Great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mario games since the snes era, 2 Jun. 2014
I'll keep it short and sweet. This is THE best mario game since Mario 64! Gameplay is great and the in game music even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Mario Galaxy, 18 May 2014
A great game and my son loved it. Delivery was quick and the price was good. I would recommend to others.

Nintendo Selects: Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii)