2.0 out of 5 stars 2 1/2 STARS, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Stolen (Bitten Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I was on the fence about Book One in this series (Bitten (Bitten Series)) but was interested when I ran across Book Two for free. It took several sittings to finish as I found it too easy to put it down. This book failed to live up to the flashes of promise shown in the first one.

The story picks up right where it left off, Ally has been kidnapped by Moira and thrown into a dungeon along with her two besties (Trish and Pam) to prevent her from marrying Ben. The dialogue between the girls was stilted and I never understood why these three girls were best friends. I found very few flashes where Ally's character became as vibrant as in the brief teaser called Book One. We are also introduced to Gabe, the friend Ben was talking to when Moira took Ally, and I liked the subplot of his family's feud with Moira's family. I'm just saying, there might be a problem when a reader is more interested in the subplot. Ben spends a lot of time worrying about Ally's pending transformation into a vampire (it could go very bad and she might crave human flesh) while not enough action takes place. I was not thrilled with the constant inconsequential musings.

My issues with the heroine/hero romance and serious need for proof reading makes this book hard to recommend. Why would Ally who has never fallen in love before, fall in love with someone who constantly waffled and was such a bad judge of character? Ben did not want to have a traditional vampire marriage (described as being like a marriage between siblings - can we say ICK?!) and was willing to postpone his arranged one to Moria 4 times and yet constantly said that if he hadn't found his true love, he would be okay with spending eternity with Moira. Huh? Also, Ally spent only a few hours with Ben before falling deeply in love and was willing to give up everything. Maybe 10 pages were spent together and the rest of the time was spent trying to find each again. I just couldn't feel it for these two.

1.0 out of 5 stars hated it!, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Stolen (Bitten Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
i hate short stories now iv always disliked them but this little series finished me off a great idea screwed up by how short it is!

2.0 out of 5 stars frustrated!, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Stolen (Bitten Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I am so frutrated with the endings of these books and feel they could easily have been made into one book, they may well have flowed better instead of the weak cliffhangers that left me more angry than surprised as the there is as of yet no third book. All that aside i liked the story but felt the friendship seemed to be three is a crowd between the girls Ally has her story pam will have hers but where does trish come into it? I guess there'll be another cliff hanger in these to short books that the author expects to be able to carry these poor endings. Book three will not be for me but please consider making it one book instead of so many.....

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Stolen (Bitten Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I completely agree with the second review who also put 3 stars down for the (bitten books ). I am also really frustrated and annoyed to find out that the third book is not yet finished. I want to know what happens hurry up Author and finish the last book.

3.0 out of 5 stars bitten series, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Stolen (Bitten Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I disagree with most of the other reviews - in that I thoroughly enjoyed books one and two of Bitten. I thought the story line was interesting, and kept me sufficiently engaged that I read both books in one day. I would definitely buy book three.
However, and this is where I start to get a bit grumpy, it hasn't been published yet. My investigations suggest that the last update on this book suggested it would be called Unbroken, and the author blogged in 2011, suggesting it was almost there, with a follow on series in development. there have been no further updates. Given I enjoyed the books, I am now very frustrated, and would hope that other readers would check whether book three is out, before putting themselves in the same somewhat disgruntled position.
I would cheerfully have given this a four star rating - if there had been any indication when the third book would be available!

Stolen (Bitten Series Book 2)