5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Simple - Good value
Published on 27 Jan. 2012 by N. H. Eastwood

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the money but ..........
Didn't expect much for £19.99 (Black Fiday price) and therefore not dissapointed. It is not capable of taking standard batteries, only the optional (expensive) battery pack which is a major flaw.
Published on 30 Nov. 2011 by pjm

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the money but .........., 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: PURE ONE Mi, Palm-sized Portable DAB/FM Radio - White (Electronics)
The FM receiver is good, the DAB receiver does not appear to be as sensitive as my other DAB radios. Sound quality is what you should expect from a tiny little speaker - acceptable but not Hi-Fi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Simple - Good value, 27 Jan. 2012
N. H. Eastwood (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a present for my 80+ year old mum who has a total aversion to technology but wanted a compact good radio that was easy to use. She opened it on Christmas day and it was up and running within 20 seconds. Simple to use, modest sound quality but good enough (it is the only thing I would comment on as not being what I would have liked - little tinny for me - pity as otherwise superb).
She has reprogrammed it for her area on returning home and it just does exactly what it says on the box. This has to be a first!!!!!
Great value, neat, simple and good reception even in bad areas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice & compact for travellling but volume restricted on battery & a bit 'tinny' sound, 5 Feb. 2013
I wanted this particularly for travelling - I spend 3 nights each week away from home & I wanted a compact, battery radio. It fits the bill.

However, volume is inadequate when (say) I'm in the bathroom & the radio's still in the bedroom. The sounds quite tinny & thin for music, but fine for speech - I'm a radio 4 listener!

Easy to tune & retain presets. Very good battery-pack life. Nice & compact.

Altogether it's OK - a bit pricey (about£40 all in), but I don't feel ripped off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tinny but cheap, 9 Feb. 2013
R. Sherlock - See all my reviews
The other reviews are right when they complain about the tinny speaker, if you are after a dab for good quality music forget this radio. However, I only bought it to listen to spoken word and its absolutely fine for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little radio, 13 Feb. 2013
This is a great litle radio I got it because I wanted to get radio 4 extra which is only on digital. I didn't bother getting the special battery as it sits quite happily beside my bed and remains plugged in and the battery would only be used if there were a power cut. Its very easy to set up and use and ideal for people like me who just want a simple digital radio. The delivery was exceptional aswell ordered on saturday arrived on wednesday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little radio, 29 Nov. 2011
downkiddie "downkiddie" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was very pleased with this small radio. I already have the larger Pure One Classic, and this is very similar, but all round smaller. The casing feels perhaps thinner and cheaper, but it is very small radio. The controls are simple to use, the display uses a calculator-style display rather than a matrix style display so it's not as easy to read, and can't show all the characters such as the colon (as in "now playing:" on the info display). It does "remember" the display settings when it is switched back on so you can leave it displaying station info (i.e. the music currently playing, the weather or whatever else they show) rather than just the station name. It takes a few button presses via the menu to get this up on screen so it's better to leave it on this so you can see it straight away. On more than one occasion I've had pastry covered hands in the kitchen and I want to see the name of the piece of music playing.

The sound quality is excellent for the size of the unit. Naturally one can't expect superb punchy sound from something this size but it does sound pretty good. Classical music seems to suit it better than pop and rock, this sounding a little more tinny. I tend to have it on Radio 3, Radio 4 and Classic FM most of the time and it suits this superbly.

I have a ChargePAK for my other Pure radio, and despite the relatively high cost it's a superb innovation. The battery lasts a very long time and it charges whilst it's on the mains, there really is nothing for the user to do so it couldn't be easier. I'm considering therefore getting a ChargePAK for this one too, despite it costing nearly as much as the radio itself. If you don't want it plugged into the mains this is the only option since it doesn't take standard batteries.

The unit measures 6.5" wide x 4" high x 1.5" deep, so it's only palm-sized for people with rather big palms, nevertheless it is a very neat and compact unit. It's basic, no earphone connection or auxillary input, but a cracking little unit all round.

3.0 out of 5 stars no headphone socket!, 25 Feb. 2013
Purchased this little radio to use at work, as it seems small and discreet. however, there is no headphone socket which is crazy, considering how cheap it must be to fit one at the factory. had to send it back and upgrade to the series 2 version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure brilliance !!!, 16 Jun. 2013
Bought this digital radio to replace a portable radio that broke. I mainly use this radio whilst having a bath or showering. The sound is clear to hear with water running and the sound quality isn't compromised at the loudness setting. I have found in the past with other small radios the sound can vibrate if up loud. Love the colour and the lightness of this beautiful little radio. I was very happy with the delivery service and the radio arrived in perfect condition. Have recommend this product to a friend at work who since has also purchased one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed, 18 Aug. 2013
I have 4 DAB radios each in differedt rooms, so i can listen to sport where ever i am in the house. Just needed one for the garden.
The sound is good and easy to program.The only thing against it is the battery`s. It only takes a battery pack and when i looked at the advert i dont remember seeing this fact. But when i purchased it on the bottom of the advert it stated " Also purchasers brought a battery pack", which i also purchased. It was only when i opened the radio that i found that a pack was needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does OK but the sound quality could be getter, 27 Dec. 2012
I had expected Pure to have a better quality sound but at this price it is acceptable. I did buy two though so I guess I must have been happy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›