‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent version of a classic, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
Risk Legacy is essentially standard Risk with a few additions. Players are expected to permanently modify the game board and literally tear up certain cards when certain events take place and certain choices are made during a series of 15 games. After 15 games, the player is left with a game board 'shaped' by past events, making it extremely customised and lending it a certain sentimental value. There is even an envelope emblazoned with 'DO NOT OPEN. EVER.' which can obviously either be ignored (likely as well as Pandora ignored a certain box) or opened, the consequences of which the players must then bear. I gather that the contents of this envelope vary from game box to game box.

I would, however, offer the following thoughts/critiques:

It is worthwhile considering not actually tearing up the cards and using pencils and blu-tac instead of pen and the sticking adhesive, thereby making the game re-customisable after the 15-game run is over; a lot of players online have reported sharp drops in interest upon completing the 15th game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Sep 2013
Mr. Robert Makin "El bobbo" (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
We're 4 games into this. Things have been destroyed, stickers are everywhere, stuff has been written on and friendships have been pushed to straining point. This is truly excellent. Grab some boardgame lovers and commit to playing the full 15 games with them. You won't regret it. You might cause arguements and fights amongst yourselves, but it's all part of the game. Just superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars War Has Changed, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
This is an excellent evolution of a classic game. The base Risk gameplay is largely unaffected, but the ideas of persistence in a board game is something I certainly have never seen before.

The game is designed to be played over 15 games. I would strongly advise you to play with the same group of people, as the changes you make will impact your future games. The first game starts much like classic risk with a few tweaks such as all your troops starting in one territory and expanding out, and also having a HQ to defend. After the game is completed, the winner gets to sign the board and gets a permanent advantage such as getting to name a continent, giving him alone a +1 troop bonus if he holds it. The game evolves across your plays, unlocking more missions and wildcards to spice the game up.

I am 4 games into the 15 with my group and we are really enjoying it. Already you can see how the 'legacy' of the previous games affects the future games, with certain territories becoming hotly fought over.

If you are a fan of the classic game of world domination and you have a group that are interested in the time investment of playing 15 games, don't hesitate to pick this up

5.0 out of 5 stars The best board game I've ever played, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
I love this game! I bought it for my family at Christmas and we played about 10 games within a week or so. Every game is different. Every game has new challeneges and new tactics to consider. I don't want to give anything away, but it just keeps getting better and better with every game.
The only downside is that you are supposed to play at least the first 15 games with the same group of people, which is tricky for my family (we have to wait until we are all in one place again to continue our games), but I understand why, and it does add yet another exciting element to the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome New Concept, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
Brought this as a treat for myself and had a few friends round for the first game. We all had great fun and can not wait for Game 2.

Make sure you read the rules.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love risk you will love this, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
I have been a fan of risk for years, but this new game takes it to another level. The game evolves and is really clever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
This game is a must have. I have not finished to complete it, but so far it is so great!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great family board game, 27 Aug 2013
DR (Ilkley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
We have played this almost every day on holiday. A game takes 2-3 hours and unlocking the surprises adds a lot. Even my middle son (15 year-old) who is often reluctant to play board games has been playing enthusiastically. Not as strategic as most of the other board games we play - but great fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game!, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
For first timers, the game may take some time to understand. However, the instructions are well written making really easy to understand all the game mechanics. This game is the perfect evolution of the original version. Worth every penny paid for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes regular risk obsolete, 14 July 2013
robin "I like to listen to books that give me... (MILTON KEYNES, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Risk Legacy Board Game (Toy)
This is a hard game to talk about in detail without spoiling it but it is a cracking game, well worth the price. We are 9 games into ours and talking about getting another board going on.

The base game works well, but once you start opening the additional packs it really gets exciting. Many of the packs have changed the way we play, and they get really fun thinking of different tactics.

The play can be a lot quicker than normal risk, with our shortest game taking half an hour. I think our longest game took about 2 hours so it does vary quite a bit.

Having the different army types really gives the good characterisation as well, rather than the generic armies of regular risk.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›