4.0 out of 5 stars The start of a brand new adventure
Published 9 months ago by M B Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragon stamping my authority
Ok I liked this book, I liked the characters and the interactions especially those moments between Burke and his Sensei. The story flowed and was a good idea. But not enough action for me not enough martial arts! I realise the subtlety of it all but I needed a bit more slam bang action as in those 70's Kung fu thrillers.
Still a very good read by an author who knows...
Published on 31 Oct. 2012 by Carl Bray

4.0 out of 5 stars The start of a brand new adventure, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Sensei (Connor Burke Martial Arts Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
As a long standing Martial Artist it is perhaps suprising that I haven't delved into the MA fiction before, but I was very happy to discover this author. I would recommend it not only to Martial Artists but also to fans of crime fiction/murder mysteries, as the books are a refreshing cross over between the two genres. It is told almost exclusively from the perspective of an Irish American academic Connor Burke, who is a long standing student of Yamashita - a old school Japanese Sensei - and is also brother to a Homicide detective.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragon stamping my authority, 31 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Sensei (Connor Burke Martial Arts Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Still a very good read by an author who knows his stuff and its place today's world.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome and evocative martial arts thriller., 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Sensei (Connor Burke Martial Arts Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Wow. Finally a martial arts thriller by someone who knows what they are talking about. This is very much in the tradition of Eric Van Lustbader and Marc Olden but arguably far more accurate martial arts wise and more up to date. Great story. After reading this I read the next 3 immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first book in the series is the more interesting ..., 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sensei (Connor Burke Martial Arts Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The first book in the series is the more interesting the others are repetitive. There is less educational value as fiction replaces fact which was no so in the first book.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Excellent fights and culture that can be experienced from your armchair, 2 Oct. 2014
B. Beaven (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sensei (Connor Burke Martial Arts Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Maria's arts, and cops not a new theme but well done. Almost rounded characters that have space to grow certainly more readable than Lustbader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent martial arts thriller!, 11 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Sensei (Mass Market Paperback)
Whether you like police thrillers or martial arts fiction there is a lot to enjoy in this first fiction novel by (non-fiction) martial arts writer John Donohue.