on 1 February 2012
Highly recommended. Good quality. 3 year old boy has played with this again and again and has devised his own layouts. Just add a few little cars to zoom round for endless enjoyment.
on 18 June 2013
All of the children at our pre-school have enjoyed playing with this. Lots of opportunities for problem solving, discussion about the different pictures on the roadway and imaginative play with vehicles
on 15 May 2014
I bought this floor puzzle for our 4 year old son. I was surprised when I opened the box and saw how big the pieces are in real life: nice wide things, very sturdy, printed with bold vivid colours. The puzzle works perfectly with the Playmobil 123 vehicles, which is a real plus! My son loves this puzzle so much that I've ordered a second set so he can expand his road systems. :-)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Chosen for two year old grandsons upwards I first tried the layout in simple fashion on our big table. See the pic below.

I was very impressed with the careful design of the chunky pieces, they all fit together and make sense, whatever combination you choose, although maybe there wouldn't be two red pillar boxes on the same road... If you leave out one piece you can rearrange the roads into a complete loop.

As it is to be a game to be played with several little ones, I bought a pack of more toy vehicles to travel along the busy roads. Luckily this set also links up with Orchard Toys jig saw play mats; the On the Farm and Giant Town ones, so the whole floor could become a play scape. Not very likely though, unless you own a ballroom.

Very strong and wipe-able, the pieces should last well, even with the likely contact with dust, when laid onto the floor. Once again Orchard Toys have provided a robust box, carrying case, for the jig saw, so it can be stored and carried tidily. This set lets the imagination roam free, the jolly colourful characters illustrated along the way will start the children off. Little subtle lessons on the Highway Code, crossing the road safely, can be subliminally incorporated.
review image
on 2 January 2013
Very pleased with this, the jigsaw pieces are a really good size, ideal for cars to be pushed over. Lots f choice on road lay out. My 2 & 6 year olds love it.
on 27 June 2012
My girls (4 and 2) love it. They can create they own little town and have a lot of fun. I am happy I bought it, well spent money.
on 6 September 2013
My 3 yr old took an instant like to this jigsaw. Just loves creating his own roads and driving his cars along them. He plays with it so much I have begun to find it irritating - which is always a good sign of a well liked and used toy!
on 1 May 2012
What a brilliant idea! your little one can make lots of various types of road tracks and push little cars along. Lots to talk about as plenty happening (there's road works, lollipop lady, post box, dog walkers and squirrels, cats etc) your little one will be occupied for days to come! (well, at least my 2 year old boy is ;-)
definately worth buying!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 December 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great concept; lovely big, glossy pieces that effortlessly clip together and the clever thing is that the way it’s designed it doesn’t really matter how you put them together, it just somehow sort of works out i.e. no advanced planning required before getting started.

So why only 3 stars? Well, the problem is it’s no good on carpet, it keeps coming apart (even whilst it’s being constructed), it only works, i.e. seems stable, on hard and flat surfaces (like laminate flooring or a large table etc.) and the trouble with my home there are only 2 rooms where my son could play with this; his bedroom or the living room but both of these are carpeted (I rule out the bathroom and kitchen as appropriate play spaces). Consequently, with it disassembling each time a car runs over a join, it very quickly becomes very frustrating, and I believe the reason for this is that the pieces are too thin, circa 1-2mm. I think this problem could be easily remedied by making the pieces chunkier, e.g. 5-6mm, but obviously that would push up the cost.

(Incidentally, the description on the box calls the puzzle pieces “chunky”, they’re not; they’re large (each piece being about an adult’s hand span) but they’re quite thin, as already mentioned).

It’s a real shame because I really like the cleverness of this design. If only the pieces would stay together, on a carpeted floor, this would be a brilliant addition to my son’s toys as it is the right size for his Lightning McQueen cars and friends (and Matchbox, and Hot Wheels) and easily merit 5 stars (in writing this, I’m hoping Orchard Toys will bring out a thicker, carpet-friendly version).
on 16 February 2015
The idea behind this is good but the pieces don't stay together and you spend all your time putting it back together. My grandson had lost interest before we finished it. A road mat would be better.