4.0 out of 5 stars Capcom have made a great game.......BUT
This game is everything i dreamt it to be, a crossover of two very different fighting games blended quite harmoniously, leaning slightly more towards SF 4 but still adding a new twist to Capcom's ever expanding libary of beat'em ups.
Published on 11 Mar 2012 by James Hadoken

3.0 out of 5 stars Well-formed, but disappointing
I really tried to like SFxT. I've been a long time (although admittedly casual) fan of both series and seeing them come together was initially a dream come true. The reality is not as such.

Published on 19 April 2012 by Misterbadguy

3.0 out of 5 stars Well-formed, but disappointing, 19 April 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)

The game is very well-made, as Capcom titles tend to be; visually it is very impressive, there's plenty of references to each of the series, and it feels very polished. I hesitate to say it is complete, because it notably ISN'T, but I'll get to that.

The issue is that the way that matches play out seems very stilted and not actually that interesting. It's like it's a mish-mash of good ideas that don't quite work with each other. Long combos are more than feasible but are mostly pointless because of damage scaling. Maybe it's just me, but it just didn't click very well with me. Gems are a nice idea but I'm still not entirely sure about them and their feasibility, and Pandora is practically useless. I've seen competitive matches played and literally not one player used it at all. I'm not really sure why it needs to be in the game.

The main point of contention, however, is Capcom's blatant dishonesty with their DLC planning. It should be noted that the game has ALL future DLC already on the disc. This includes the characters being released first "exclusively" to the Vita version (and yes, they are totally finished and fully playable), DLC costume packs, and presumably DLC colour packs as well.

I'm usually okay with DLC as long as it's completely new content that's not obviously been cut out prior to release to make a quick buck. I think it's a potentially novel way to provide users with a long-lasting play experience. This, however, is blatant money grabbing. Capcom fully expect you to pay for everything that's not conventionally accessible on that disc, and that is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. It tainted further an already somewhat disappointing experience and I certainly will not be paying Capcom any more money. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no way to get around this as Capcom have to plans to release another disc version of the game, so they're maximising profit off of every player that intends to play this game even somewhat seriously by forcing them to buy, at the very least, the 12 additional characters.

My advice; wait for Namco/TEKKEN Project to release Tekken X Street Fighter. They're usually pretty good for releasing games without cynical DLC plans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Capcom have made a great game.......BUT, 11 Mar 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
So while i fully agree with the positive online reviews of the game, i do not question the quality....rather the quantity (or lack) of the game.

(The word is that) Capcom have wacked all the DLC on the disc already, so to enjoy the full package the game, which is-
*12 more characters
*alternative costumes
*alternative colour packs
*extra gems
[plus God knows what else!!!!]
you will have to take your wallets/purses to the 'Playstation store' and purchase the content. Im ok with the idea of download content in general, i own all the costumes and the ARCADE EDITION upgrade of Super Street Fighter IV (PS3). But when i think about the idea of the DLC already being on the disc, i cant help but feel a little cheated. why not let us have it from the start??? its already on there!!!

All in all a fantastic fighting game that matches the hype and one ill be playing for a very long time......just be prepared to fork out more cash if you want the complete game.

CAPCOM please stop this DLC scam and sort your act out. stop taking advantage of your fans!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars misplaced hype!, 30 Oct 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
When news came out on this cross over, I was so hyped up about it. I mean a cross over between the biggest fighting game franchises! who would'nt be?! On playing the game, I must admit that I was extremely disappointed. why? Ok here goes....

For such a cross-over, I was expecting the ultimate 1 VS 1 (Tag should have been optional) indepth story line. I was expecting something like The Mishima zaibatsu vs Shadoloo culuminating into an massive tournament or Ryu looking for how to rid himselfself of the Satsui no hado and meeting up various characters in the quest.

Some character rival scenes were mismatched. I was expecting a Ryu vs Jin, Bryan Fury vs Guile, craig murduck vs zangief in a great faceoff.

The graphics look pretty ROUGH. They should have stuck to the SSF4 style.

The gem system and pandora are irrelevant.

Tekken moves are sooooooo limited.

Personnaly I think this could have been one of the greatest crossover fighting game ever. A missed opportunity. I have been playing TTT2 and I think its an awesome game. I just cant wait to see what namco has to offer with TK VS SF.

My opinion though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really fun game!, 25 Jun 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
The game is really fun to play, the characters are also nicly intergrated with the art style of the game. however there could be more character customization options. and that is the only flaw with the game for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fighting game, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
Brilliant, entertaining funny if a bit easy to master mash up fighter. I play stick and it was perfect to smash out combos.

4.0 out of 5 stars One more Street Fighter..., 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
I played Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter Arcade Edition. These two games are amazing so I bought this one because of the lower price (10£ when I bought). I must be honest that it disappointed me. It's still one of the best beat 'em up games on the market, but the lack of new things (besides the new characters) for the people that owns the previous ones is bad.

I review this game with (1-100):

Graphics - 93
Sound - 88
Gameplay - 97
Game Length - 80

OVERALL - 90

In conclusion, if you already have the previous games, don't buy this. But if you never played Street Fighter IV or Arcade Edition and you like beat' em up, than this game is just the game you were looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars The updates made it better, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
I had previously bought SFxT when it was released, sure it was fun at first but then It became boring due to the constant time outs and the whole on-disk DLC fiasco. As a result I had sold the copy of my disk to someone else. Now going back to it and playing it updated (and much better) version 2013, it has now become the perfect game. I can finally say I can love this game again and its best and with probably one of the greatest netcodes.

4.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
not got all of the characters in the game & cant amend Tekken fighting skills back to how it was played in Tekken 3

4.0 out of 5 stars I prefer SFIV, 4 Nov 2013
Bruno Miguel Ascensão Besugo "bmab" (elvas, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
It's great! no doubt about it but If you want a more advanced fighting game you should stick to SF4 or Super or Arcade or Ultra...

5.0 out of 5 stars Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3), 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) (Video Game)
great game and bargain..has netplay and good number of characters (40ish)..if you need to upgrade the costumes you will have to pay £13.99 on playstation store...came perfect condition and within delivery slot :)

Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) by Capcom (PlayStation 3)