Size: XX-Large|Colour Name: Arctic Navy|Change
Price:£19.80 - £55.00

on 30 December 2010
Close but comfortable fit and very good value for money (especially when comparing to the in-store price of many leading outdoor retailers). Quicker to dry out than striaght-out merino-wool pants but still offer a very good insulating under-layer.
on 6 February 2011
I ordered a medium since that's my best-suited waist size. It fits well around the hips, but it's exceedingly tight around the legs. I find that when I bend my legs, it becomes uncomfortably tight around the back of my knees.

Unlike other leggings made from synthetics (lycra, etc), these do not stretch very much. These are presumably designed for when warmth is more important than flexibility. Having said that, the merino wool layer is very thin; I think these are only marginally warmer than my more-flexible running tights.

Finally, quite a lot of stitches are coming loose (both at points where it's likely that I over stretched them, and also at places where that's unlikely).

I'm going to wear them as sleeping-bag pyjamas when I go camping, but I probably won't wear them for hiking.

Still fond of Helly Hansen in general, but wouldn't buy these particular tights again.
on 14 February 2012
An excellent product as a base layer - worn in northern Sweden at -32c - highly recommended together with the HH baselayer shirt. Good to sleep in overnight in the Ice Hotel cold (-5c) rooms too
on 9 February 2012
I bought these for a very slim man - quite expensive, very warm fabric - but they turned out to be too slim for the very slim man and we had to return them. The sizing seems inaccurate so beware and buy Large if you are Medium but want to breathe and move in comfort.
on 15 November 2011
great, very warm but dont wear em til it gets to 5 degrees or below, they work too well! tough and wash well.
on 3 April 2015
I have spent many years and many thousands of pounds with Amazon and this is the first time I have had to write a negative review. Having researched for nigh on two hours pure merino wool base layers for an upcoming ski trip I decided on this item as it states TWICE in the product description that it is "pure merino wool". This is the description at time of writing:

HH Warm
215 g/m²
Flatlock stitching
Alergy neutral
Non itch
Pure merino wool
Pure merino wool

It also states it is "One of the premium wool baselayer on the market"

The reason using pure merino is so important is that it is naturally antibacterial which prevents the unpleasant odours experienced with man-made fabrics. It also keeps the body warm whilst naturally "wicking" moisture away. By using merino wool there is no need for man-made "technical" fabrics that simply use polyester and polypropylene, don't work as well but are cheaper to produce and allow manufacturers to create a point of difference with their products. I was suspicious of this item when it arrived due the "roughness" of the fabric which if it were pure merino would be very soft, however I put this down to it being new and unwashed. I had no reason to doubt its claim that it was pure merino as surely no manufacture would risk blatantly deceiving its customers - clearly I was wrong. On inspecting the label when it came to washing the item I discovered it was in fact only 57% merino wool and 43% polypropylene. Nowhere in the description does it state this fact. Whilst the description speaks of "Combining the Lifa fiber technology" it infers this is how the merino wool is used in manufacture rather than utilising an additional man-made material. If you want pure merino wool and all the superior benefits it provides it would be best to avoid this garment and possibly all other Helly Hanson garments as well.
on 27 November 2013
One of the best purchases I have made this year so far :) after reading the previous reviews I decided to order large size even though I'm size M. not too tight whcih is good. look forward to testing it out in outdoors :D
on 21 March 2013
I really like these baselayer pants, thermals, longjohns etc. I'm a 32 waist, 32 inside leg, the large are a nice fit, I went for size medium in the Warm boxers as I wanted a more snug fit with them, but for me the large in these leggings are perfect. They do a great job of keeping my legs warm in the winter and feel comfortable and of good quality, highly recommended.
on 8 March 2013
Wore these under my HH ski pants at February half term and was surprised how warm and comfortable they were. In fact I've even worn them under jeans when doing some mid-winter gardening. I bought Large on the advice of various postings and they were just right; I wear 32" waist jeans.
on 11 August 2013
always had good products from HH in the past and this garment is no exception - comfortable against the skin and a pleasure to wear. recommend to anyone who may be in the situation where exertion is sporadic and separated by inactivity.