on 1 January 2012
Over the years I have owned many printers and this is the best so far.

I have a relatively low usage requirement and minimal use of colour. However I do scan documents fairly frequently.

When I bought a new computer and 'upgraded' to Win7 I found that my existing Dell printer did not have a 64 bit driver so I looked for a replacement. After doing an online review search I fixed on the MG5250 but could not then purchase it since nobody seemed to have any stock. Finally finding someone who claimed to have stock I ordered and was pleased to receive the MG 5350 instead.

Set-up as a wireless network printer was a dream. The software takes you through the steps with illustrations all the way. Probably the best set-up software I have ever used. Within 30 minutes I had all three of our computers linking to it. Two of these are Win7 machines and the other XP.

After a month's use I am still very pleased with this purchase. Printing is fast as is scanning and the duplex printing actually works which is a new thing for me. I will not use it very often but having it available will save time on occasions.

There are two paper feeds and I have A4 in one and DL envelopes in the other. I very seldom need to change this.

My only issue is that if you have not printed for some time, such as overnight, when you do want to print it goes through what I assume is a nozzle cleaning exercise that takes a couple of minutes before the first page appears.

Overall Excellent.
on 23 April 2012
Just ordered this through Shop4USB through Amazon as it was the best price available. Delivery was next day after it was posted and I must say I am well impressed with this printer. I haven't tested the scanner yet, but reading the other reviews here, it appears to be really good. Print quality is great and I dont find it too noisy compared to other printers I have owned in the past.

Setup was easy, although during Setup, and connection to Wifi, at the end after entering my Wifi Password, the software seemed to stall and didn't continue onto the next stage which was to install the Canon software. So I switched the printer Off, then On again and then it showed up in Windows OK.

Mine also works direct from my IPad but it appears that the software I got with mine is up to date.

For those who can't find the firmware update on the Canon website, you are probably making the same mistake that I made first time round - that it when it comes to selecting the model of printer, it doesn't appear to be there - because in the Product Type, you have selected Printer, instead of Multifunction. Here's the link for those who may need it - you'll probably need to copy and paste into your web browser if it doesn't show up as a link: [...]

For those who have IPads and want to print from your Ipad to other printers that are 'not' wireless and are using them with their home PC, you can print directly to a lot of different makes of printers by getting a great APP called Airprint. This is a fantastic App and it worked with my previous two Epson printers. You can download a Trial Version to see if it works with your printer, and if it does, then you can buy it like I did - its only a few quid and well worth it. Enjoy !!!
on 13 January 2012
I use this printer for my home office to print regular documents and client presentations that are primarily charts/graphs. I am satisfied with how the client presentations look. I have not yet printed photo's.

The printer is unable to do borderless printing on plain paper. The default print margin is a bit strange. For example, if you print a landscape presentation on A5 paper, the left margin is 1cm, the right margin is 1.3cm, the top and bottom margins are 3mm. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to adjust the margins.

After ~150 pages of printing (80 pages in high quality color and the rest in standard quality color), one of the the introductory ink cartridges is running low and needs to be replaced. Another one of the cartridge is at 50%, and the third is at 75%.

In terms of installation, it was straightforward using the CD for the drivers and the connection to the wireless router was no more challenging than connecting a netbook/smartphone. I had some trouble connecting the netbook which has no CD or DVD drive. I tried to find the printer drivers on the internet but had no luck. Finally solved the issue by connecting my netbook to the home network. At first, the netbook recognised the printer but didn't allow printing to the printer. Somehow, eventually, the printer drivers were installed and now it prints fine.

Overall, it is a good printer for my purposes although the ink usage is high! Also, it doesn't appear that the printer allows much customisation and I can see it would be difficult to fix anything that is not right by default.
on 25 February 2013
I bought the MG5350 for various reasons. Firstly my over-large HP7410 office all-in-one died and was, frankly, not able to do what I really wanted. I also needed a printer capable of producing reasonably good photo prints although I mostly use a professional print service and lastly, I wanted have a CD/DVD printing capability as I am converting my vinyl to disc and VHS to DVD/BlueRay.
This printer gives me all of that performing very well in all roles. Although I already have an excellent scanner, the installed one in the 5350 is fine unless you want to scan film (I often do) but my wife often makes use of the associated photocopy function so that's OK.
Installation was a breeze, and being properly wireless it has freed up a port on my router. If I have any gripe, I would say that the multi-function ring is way too sensitive, meaning that you need to take care in selecting options - it is too easy to inadvertantly get the wrong one. Otherwise brilliant and at a sensible price.
As for the vendor's service, first class.
on 7 June 2012
I am delighted with the printer but I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to use and experiment with it yet especially with photographs but what I have printed so far has been excellent quality.

The installation instructions were excellent and even tell you if you go wrong. The three pin plug seemed a little fragile but now it's in the socket it will stay there and do the job.

The printer looks extremely smart and fits in well with all my other equipment.

I was amazed how quickly it arrived especially as this particular printer seemed difficult to obtain.

I have yet to see how long the inks last - two colour seem to be going down already.
on 22 February 2013
Print quality is excellent, I am using it to produce CDs and posters. Fast and sleek, I like the pop up screen display. Still having trouble setting up wifi though, and had to order a USB cable as not supplied. Quite difficult to use if you are not used to technical stuff.
on 18 May 2013
I have always rated Canon products highly and this product was no exception.It runs quietly, prints efficiently.My only gripe is that it takes considerable mental agility to get to know its functions.With time I know I shall get to love the beast.
on 16 April 2015
I've been using this printer for well over a year now and it is just as good as Pixma MP540 that I had before. The only minor downsides to this printer compared to MP540 are: glossy surface gets covered in finger prints, no matter how clean your hands and when you open the printer to change the ink it makes the top cover makes a lot of noise.
on 11 September 2013
got this printer free with dsa from student loans company and so far it has been amazing, very fast printer and the tool that allows you to print on both sides of the paper is amazing and the photocopier and scanner is ace! not used wifi to connect as I was supplied a USB cable, one thing i've noticed is that it is quite quick set up on laptops as opposed to one of my housemates printers (i think hers is a HP) she had to wait at least half an hour to set up on her laptop (had nothing to do with the laptop)where as mine took around a minute if that. I've not had to buy any ink cartridges as they came free as well but I have struggled to buy some spare ones as not obvious what cartridges go with this printer (people in whsmiths were useless).

Overall impressed but hoping that with heavier usage this printer holds up as it's the best printer i've ever had!
on 19 April 2013
I have now had the printer for a month & am still learning the various options.
All in all the printer is performing well & is a very good replacement for my Kodak 5300 printer which is showing signs of a bad printhead.
I bought the Canon printer as a replacement for under the price of a new printhead for my Kodak printer.