on 31 May 2012
I bought these shoes after reading the reviews in magazines, taking the plunge due to the discount amazon offered. I was initially worried as I have a wide foot (nothing abnormal), but I decieded to take the plunge.

Initially they felt tight, and the shoes made my foot feel stiff/painful after about an hour and a half. However just like a quality saddle needs a breaking in period so do these shoes. Im eight weeks into ownership, the shoes have started molding to my feet, the shoe does not feel like it has stretched rather its just adapted to my foot.

The insole is thin, don't expect them to feel plush or cumfy, however this means that the power transfer is simply indredible. The fit of the shoe makes you feel fully connected to the bike, and enables efficient pedalling. I was concerned that I would not be able to walk in them, however they are fine for pushing up the steeper off road climbs. I run these shoes on my road and mountain bike via xt spd's and the one shoe really is all I need. They wipe clean easliy (but with a covering of mud don't look like disco slippers on the mountain bike) and look a million dollars for the road bike.

A good performance upgrade over my old shimano m122