Price:£5.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 15 December 2013
I normally drink the powdered hot chocolate, but do like a good treat from Costa or similar.

This stuff has the Cadbury name on it - have Cadbury even TRIED it. It's terrible!

I wasted a whole box trying to work out what I must be doing wrong.

Attempt 1: Just followed the instructions and tasted it? Watery. So I looked at the chocolate pod left in the machine and it had about 3/4 of it left in it. Cut the pod open and poured into my drink. Made for an odd taste, so poured it out.

Attempt 2: Thought that the chocolate pod was maybe too cold, so ran it under the warm tap for a few minutes. Definitely made it a bit more fluid. Made the drink again and more of the chocolate came out, but was still rubbish. Too watery.

Attempt 3: Continuing on from attempt 2, I made sure the water container was totally full (in case it was the pressure). It wasn't.

Attempt 4: As for attempt 3, but I gave up and melted some chunks of chocolate in it too. Pfft. That's 4 chunks of chocolate i'm never getting back...

The rest I just kept trying again, but not really expecting anything great. It lived right down to my expectations.

Dear Cadbury - you really should taste this before putting your name to it.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2013
I never read description properly thought you got 2 packets for £8.99 however only one arived get the exact same in supermarkets for £3.99 total rip off not sure how they get away with it.
on 14 March 2013
thought id try this hot chocolate thought i was also getting 2 pack but only 8 chocolate and 8 milk VERY EXPENSIVE when supermarkets charge 3.99
on 19 September 2015
Not what advertised, should have been separate pods of milk and chocolate but we're the new single pods which taste awful. That's why I wanted the original ones. Doesn't deserve a star but have no option to not give one.
on 21 January 2015
Iv had a few packs of these and won't ever buy them again, not all the hot chocolate comes out so I cut open the pod empty it into the cup then do the milk, I have complained to tassimo and they advised me to put the pod into hot water first I said that's ridiculous Iv got to boil my kettle then wait a few minutes then I can make my drink, I should be able to just put it in the machine, he said they get a lot of complaints on this pod and are going to be changing it, well I won't be buying any again. Im going to try another hot chocolate.
on 24 March 2014
I purchased the discs to go with my new tassimo machine. I only ordered one pack as I was concerned that the chocolate syrup would make the drink too sweet. However, the drink is a lovely, creamy hot chocolate that's not too sweet and has the authentic CDM flavour. I'll be back for more.
on 28 February 2013
This product is a nice chocolate drink but the price is just a disgrace. I get these for maximum 5 euros. Please do not buy these. It's unbelievable.
on 4 January 2016
Tried these recently and was massively disappointed, on the front of the pack it says now even chocolatier, really? god knows what it was like before because my first impression was that it tasted vaguely chocolatey and left a watery aftertaste so bad that I ended up adding the chocolate sprinkly powder I normally put on cappuccino to make it taste palatable, not really what I would have expected in a chocolate drink.

The first chocolate drink I tried was Suchard, this is infinitely better, the taste is superior and it's half the price as you get 16 pods rather than 8, definitely won't be buying this again.
on 15 October 2015
The chocolate doesn't actually come out of the pod fully using just the machine. You have to heat it up in a hot water first. Which is not exactly a seamless experience is it.
on 4 May 2014
Got this and others from the local supermarket(3 for £10). Why is this selling for £7.39 for 1 pack WOW ?

Anyway as said by others, popping the pod in the microwave for 6 seconds, ALL for contents DOES come out. After adding the milk it does make for a nice drink. Though after every drink I make with my Tassimo I pop the mug/glass in the microwave for 10 seconds just to make it a bit more hotter!

I've yet to try the Milka one so cant compare them together.

4 stars for the drink