on 29 November 2013
My wife & I like the size of the buttons, the received sound and general look of the massive unit.. The biggest problem was setting it up and understanding the copious instructions. It is like learning to use many devices (ie computers, cars). It will no doubt become second nature as we become familiar and learn how to use the various alternative knobs, switches and their position around the telephone. As an old engineer I should have an advantage but spent half a day attempting to hang it on the wall and fit the batteries in. Note that I nearly dismantled the unit by reading that I needed to remove "SCREWS" to insert the batteries. A phone call to Geemarc was very useful when they verified that it should have reads one "SCREW", (no "S"). A simple typesetting error !. We do not need the wearable accessories yet & testing them will come later. I have yet to find a method of preventing damage should the handset be dropped. Replacing it on the small hook needs care. I have yet to receive a message on the answering machine. (Most friends have died.) I believe that I must disconnect my other wireless phones before this is possible. It would be nice to have compatible remote stand alone units. Since the GL600 connects to the accessories via wireless, I expect that the designers will soon produce such units & I would purchase several.(Please hurry) The design and quality appear to be 1st rate.
More information should be forthcoming:
on 15 April 2015
Very temperamental. Requires switching on and off periodically as functions pack up ie handset. Remote button is too small for old frail hands and requires too much effort to press. Too busy with too many buttons which gets confusing.
on 25 December 2014
Useful for disabled person, and gives support when needed. lot cheaper than renting thingy from Council, which costs £4 week = £200 First year and on going.