on 16 July 2012
I bought this after a recommendation from a friend. I was a bit unsure about ordering because 16kg really is a lot of bread mix if you're not that keen on it. As it turned out, the bread is absolutely delicious and very easy to make too as the mix seems very feisty. In fact, even with my teenaged son's rather 'unusual' kneading technique it still rises beautifully.

There are no instructions on the packet as to what quantities to use, oven settings etc which was slightly annoying as I didn't want to waste any experimenting. However, this is what worked for me: 1kg bread mix to 550ml hand hot water. Knead for 5 mins (by hand), leave to rise for an hour then shape into 2 round loaves. Leave to rise for another hour (I bet it doesn't actually need two risings but this is how I always make bread), heat the oven to 250C, pour in a small cup full of water and when the oven is filled with steam put the loaves in (cut the tops) and turn oven down to 180c and cook for about 40 mins.

Delicious!
on 12 February 2013
I have been making my own bread for some time now with varying degrees of success. Having bought some of Bacheldre's other products I thought I would try one of their bread mixes. I wasn't disappointed. I make it in my bread maker and it is really crunchy and tasty. Even my hard to please son loves it and so do my neighbours and friends who try it. I intend to try the malted bread mix next and am sure that will be as easy to make and equally tasty. Great product and have recommended it to my friends who make their own bread.
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2014
EDIT> Decided to order a second bag, which was probably a mistake. It's a very good mix but probably too large a quantity for me: seems the yeast died so was left with around 20% unusable. Also, the second bag was packed exactly the same as the first: in a poly sack. Was split again, tho' not as bad as the first order. With care I managed to take out the sack without too much mess. It makes such good bread, so I guess I need to either buy smaller amounts, but much more expensive, or look elsewhere. Just too risky with the packing of these large sacks. <EDIT

This is a great blend for bread making machines. Just add 500g of the mix and 320 water and turn on. The problem I have is the way Amazon packed mine. The sack itself is pretty study but mine arrived poorly contained in large plastic sack that had clearly been 'abused' enroute by the couriers. I opened the bag and there was flour everywhere. I tried to take out the inner sack and, again, flour everywhere. Luckily Amazon refunded or I'd have been pretty disappointed. As is, unless I can trust the packing I probably need to find a new supplier. BTW, try this mix with a chopped nut and raisin combo in the nut dispenser ... really good!
on 23 September 2013
No insructions on bag so followed my Panasonic instructions for bread mix. Result a tasty very open texture BRICK.
Back to my usual method which I have used in my SD254 with various concentrates.
For a small loaf: In this order into the pan.
20ml Sunflower oil .70ml hot water 190ml cold water
Mix well the two lots of flour below.
200 gms Strong bread flour ( cheap brand )
200 gms B.W.Rustic crunch.
Drizzle the yeast over the flour mix.
1/2 teaspoon of instant dried yeast.
4 Hour Basic Cycle.
Result: Perfect light even texture loaf.
N.B. Above method is opposite from my Panasonic Book and yes, I know the blurb says the yeast is already in the mix, but this works.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2012
I started making my own bread a while ago. I have made various mixtures of seeds,etc with a variety of doughs.
I saw this product advertised alongside the strong white bread flour. I ordered both. They both arrived on time (poor HDNL driver) and I started to play same day. All I can really say is that I have since produced consistently good bread just as promised by the producer. As a bonus, I had my two great nieces over for the afternoon and they had great fun making bread with the ready mixed crunch mix it really is that easy. My only regret is that they took it all home with them!!. I also shared some flour with their mum so I shall expect to be ordering more sooner rather than later. If you love good bread and hate the fuss, try this mix.
on 12 January 2015
This was my first time buying in such quantity and the results have been consistently excellent. Being a novice my method is just to make the dough in the bread machine, leave to rise for a couple of hours and then 30 minutes in the oven. Great smells around the house and lovely loaf or rolls to share with the family with a nice bowl of home made soup.
on 10 June 2015
I bought a sack of this after being delighted with the small individual bags which made delicious bread.
I can't imagine what is different but this mix creates a heavier, drier loaf.
I wont buy this sack again but it is well worth buying the individual bags even though it works out slightly more expensive
on 26 January 2016
good flour but you need to add yeast and other ingredients if you really want to back. more than 4 times tried to just add warm water as per the instructions but does not give you the best bread until my wife decided to add more yeast and quantity of water also changed the quality of the bread.
on 4 October 2014
I find it difficult to use. Didn't come with instructions. It is crunchy, but no list of ingredients. Text not very good. I am very disappointed with this particular product
on 2 February 2016
Cant recommend this flour enough for making bread mmmmmmmm and a great price compared to buying the small bags from supermarkets

See one answered question