5.0 out of 5 stars VERY STRONG AND HELPFUL
Published on 21 Mar 2012 by Biddy

2.0 out of 5 stars The handles are definitely not ladylike
My wife and I recently bought two pairs of 'Trekrite' trekking poles. I bought the plain silver ones which are fine but we ordered the Women's version for my wife, even though she wasn't keen on the colour.

Published 14 months ago by Mr. Ian Vincent

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY STRONG AND HELPFUL, 21 Mar 2012
This review is from: Pair of Trekrite Women's Antishock Hiking Sticks / Walking Poles - Purple (Misc.)
I love walking outdoors in the local nature parks etc but I have a bit of a balance problem due to an ear disorder and I can be a bit wobbly at times and walk very slowly and I also have asthma. I also need to burn a few more calories so I want to be able to walk a bit faster. A friend treated me to these walking poles and they provide just enough support for me to feel confident about walking again and now he's having a job keeping up with me!!! They're lightweight, easy to adjust for height and the wrist loops allow me to stop and lean on the sticks when I need to get my breath. The fact that you're not really leaning on them as you would with the average walking stick with the L shaped handle means you can have them higher than average and you also get a bit of arm exercise while you're walking. They're a Godsend for those who lack a bit of confidence walking without any aids and I love the purple colour that I chose. I bet if the manufacturers widened the colour variety and produced some bright and cheery colours, they'd sell loads more. I've had a few admiring looks from people. So these poles don't have to be just for serious hikers they're great walking aids for those of us who just want to amble around or go to the shops. And they're affordable too. Many thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking Poles, 23 July 2012
The walking poles were purchased for my mother who at the age of 93 still likes to get out for a good walk. She thought the poles were lighweight and because the length can be altered much more comfortable than a walking stick. When using a walking stick the tendencey was to bend, with walking poles she was able to adopt an upright posture. Overall she was very satisfied with her purchase.
C Lovett (son)

2.0 out of 5 stars The handles are definitely not ladylike, 2 May 2013
Mr. Ian Vincent "Ian" (Ottawa) - See all my reviews

When they arrived, she wished we'd ordered two pairs of the silver ones. There is no noticeable difference in the sticks apart from the handles of the Women's version which is much more clunky and too big for her to use comfortably, so I it looks like I shall end up using them and look pretty in purple.

Unless you are particularly keen on the colour, I wouldn't bother with the Women's version - stick to the regular ones, they are much nicer with handles much better suited to smaller hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my purple walking poles!, 1 April 2012
Pair of Trekrite Women's Antishock Hiking / Walking Poles - PurpleI've used my walking poles three times now on all types of ground, including very rough and hilly, and as I had both hips replaced last year they give me the total confidence I need. I'm very satisfied!

3.0 out of 5 stars Walking sticks, 9 July 2012
Good value. Turn the end of the pole to lock it in place not the black sleeve type part!
One click / turn anti clockwise makes them act like shocks / makes them spring loaded.

4.0 out of 5 stars walking poles, 6 Jun 2012
The poles are very good value, seem to be strong and sturdy, so far. My only criticism is that they are rather long, not suitable for putting in a backpack. on reflection, I should have gone for a more compact model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking Poles, 30 Sep 2012
I found this product really comfortable to use and especially liked the "one-turn" spring motion which was great for uneven terrain. The poles arrived very quickly from supplier. Hand grips are comfortable, amount of height variation more than adequate and love the purple colour:)

Please Note:- be careful when you first adjust the height/length of your poles that you do not go past the marked line. I rushed into mine and over extended the poles and then could not get them back in. I had to ring the supplier for help. However, they were more than helpful and I was sorted in a quick time and I now know how to fix them again if ever the need arises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 23 July 2013
I bought these to complete the Three Peaks Challenge. They were great. They were easy to use and worked well. I did not get any blisters from them and the 'antishock' meant that there was a little give which was useful. I was glad I bought them because they made climbing three mountains slightly easier!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 1 Jan 2012
I bought the trekking poles for my parents, they are both in their early 70s and they enjoy daily walks in the mountain close to our home. They hike like professional and even me that I'm 31 can't keep at pace with them. The sticks are doing thir oh well and my parents r loving them

5.0 out of 5 stars My first pair of anti shock., 11 Sep 2013
I bought these so I would have a set in both cars and the fact they were purple. I love the anti shock feature, after leaning on poles they really bounce you up again, great when you're feeling weary! I only want to use the car with these poles in now. The measuring scale is a bit weird, it is only on one section and to get the size right you have to estimate the length of the other section. An older pair of poles I have I can't get the sections even due to the mechanism going, if it happens on these poles then the whole measuring scale will be worthless.