5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Martini - Great Music
Published on 27 Oct 2011 by mandyh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant!
Love Pink Martini and have several CDs and thought it would be good to buy this but in my opinion the choice of material is not what I would have chosen in a retrospective...but then again we all have different tastes!
Published 9 months ago by Avid Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Martini - Great Music, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
I have really enjoyed listening to this CD since I bought it - I currently own about four of Pink Martini's CDs and would recommend them to anyone who enjoys a mix of the classic, modern and foreign language. These CDs have it all - the group are accomplished musicians/singers and as Christmas is just around the corner I would certainly recommend "Joy to the World".Joy To The World

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent retrospective and introduction for newcomers, 22 Aug 2012
J. Pauley (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
Please note - this is a compilation of previously released tracks with a few alternate versions/re-mixes thrown in to tempt long time fans. A couple of reviewers have given low star ratings based on the fact that they simply did not seem to understand what the word "Retrospective" means. They have slated the album for what it IS NOT, instead of reviewing it for what it IS. This is an excellent introduction to the band for anyone who is new to their music and an excellent compilation for those that may already have some or all of the band's previous output.

4.0 out of 5 stars New discovery, like it., 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
A new discovery for me. There were so many Pink Martini albums to choose from that this was almost a random selection. Contains a good mixture of Pink martini's work to-date. Easy listening music

5.0 out of 5 stars pink martini a retrospective, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
Love this cd heard them on the radio just had to have my own cd to play at home. Fun and uplifting band and have now booked to see them at Royal Albert Hall in the spring

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Martini: A Retrospective, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
Heard this band on the radio and was intrigued by the mix of music they play. Love this album and will be buying more of their CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars PINK MARTINI, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
FEEL GOOD AND FASCINATING, UNUSUAL MUSIC FOR THE GROWN UP MIND. MAKES YOU FEEL RELAXED. A GREAT CHANGE FROM THE GRATING AND OVERHEATED POP MUSIC OF TODAY.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT COLLECTION, 12 Feb 2014
Mr. Aa James - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Martini: A Retrospective (Audio CD)
I Was looking for a decent compilation of this band as i have found them very enjoyable
and came across this. . They have a unique style This cd shows it off well Excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars retrospective!, 26 Dec 2013
M. Turner - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Retrospective (MP3 Download)
Some criticisms don't seem to have taken into account what the title means. I enjoyed it, a lot, and would recommend to anyone who likes the band.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant!, 14 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly different "latin easy listening", 29 July 2013
C. R. Long "clive_long" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Retrospective (MP3 Download)
I already had the track Una Notte di Napoli, and a couple of my friends were great fans of Pink Martini. The cost of this compilation was pretty low so I took a chance. I would classify the music as being samba / bosa nova / Americo-Cuban / Sergio Mendez / Brasil 66 style easy listening, think bongos, castanets, trumpets, unison backing vocals, performed by technically excellent musicians. The female vocal lead is very smooth and seductive. So for me it is entertaining background music but not soul-stirring. If I saw them live I'm sure I would find them very engaging.

Pink Martini: A Retrospective
Pink Martini: A Retrospective by Pink Martini (Audio CD - 2011)