Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:28 Mins
So close to perfection that with some structural modifications, this headset will replace several different kinds of headset that you own, including your Bluetooth earpiece and your moderate priced headphones. It's that promising.

Published on 27 Nov 2011 by Andre Lawrence

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sitting still..
I am really regretting my decision to buy the Jabras Im sorry to say.

I have been high and low looking for wireless headphones (for my iphone) - I can't believe we are still using wires for something which sits less than a metre away in your pocket OR that the only decent headphones in this category are over £200 - how long have we had bluetooth now...
Published on 5 May 2012 by tomdubs

4.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo Close...So Very Close! Jabra's "HALO 2," A Critical Review., 27 Nov 2011
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Length:: 0:28 Mins

The "Halo 2" is the second edition of Jabra's "Halo" line of wireless stereo headsets. This is both a wireless headset and a standard headset with a 1/8" jack.

The set comes with:

The Headpiece
Micro USB-AC plug
Micro USB-1/8 jack
Micro USB-USB port

****Sound****
I've had wireless Bluetooth headsets in the past and every time I've gone back to the store to return them for a refund because the sound-reproduction was horrible. I also have several Bluetooth earpieces and I use them mainly for conversations when I'm on the road. I never use those single earpieces for music anyway since I have my regular earbuds handy when I'm on the bus or train.

BTW, most of the Bluetooth headsets you'll find up until recently had a base station that you had to connect to your Bluetooth device in order for you to hear out of the headset. That didn't impress me, so to see companies like Jabra who also make their "Sport" line of truly wireless headsets as well as Bose, these devices have come a long way.

After I made my Evo 3D discoverable, I watched some videos--comedy, music and interviews--and was wonderfully impressed with the sound. (I can now listen to Lisa Lampinelli roast whomever without having to turn down the volume in order not to insult anyone delicate taste.)

I also watched a two-hour documentary, Turtle: The Incredible Journey (2D & 3D) [DVD] on Netflix after I made my laptop discoverable. It was just like I was in my own private theatre with Dolby Surround Sound.

I also turned off the Bluetooth receiver and plugged the headset into my Sony stereo and played selections from The Barry White Boxed Set: Just For You (4 CD Boxed Set). To hear The Maestro and his deep baritone is to hear music at its best. You can't go cheap with a techie device like this and spending upwards of a $100. And, you're not shortchanged here for audio fidelity. Construction's another issue, but we'll get to that in a moment.

***Calls***
The headset, when fully charged by my testing is roughly 5 hours. About 4 hours, 45 minutes to be more exact. But, the farther away you have the headset from the discoverable-device, the shorter the battery life.

Calls, both listening and speaking was excellent. People on the other line couldn't distinguished when I went outside from when I was inside. This is as good or better than the mid-ranged price earpieces on the market today, including Jabra's own.

***Construction***
This is the Elephant-in-the-room sort of speak. This is a headset that can (or may) replace several different kinds of headphones you may own. The versatility of a wireless headphone means that you walk, run and sit reclined while your device is safely stored away. This device also brings high-fidelity. The sound reproduction is above par and better than many mid-priced sets. But...

You have a headset that is BOTH constructed for the smaller-sized head and a headset that is very delicately made. This is not an oversight that I can neglect to mention.

Since this is a one-size-fit-all deal, it will present a problem because it is not a one-size-fit-all piece. The headband is roughly 3/8" thick with about half of that wrapped in a thin felt material. IF I have an average sized head (although the lady tells me that I have a bigger-than average mouth), the headset fits VERY snugly. The earpads only dropdown in length, not width.

If that were not enough, the headset is VERY delicate. The headset can fold inside, but I was so scared pushing in the arms the first time that I though it necessary to just keep them open and not risk that joints breaking.

The question remains not if they'll break, but when. So, you'll have to bear this in mind.

+ Great audio reproduction, exceptional for stereo wireless headset.
+ Very good vocal-call reception.
+ Plug-in capacity for times when Bluetooth is not needed or inaccessible.
+ 4.5 hours of battery life. 2 hours for recharging.
+ Reasonably priced.
- Poor construction. VERY delicate.

So, 5 minus 1 = 4 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sitting still.., 5 May 2012
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
I am really regretting my decision to buy the Jabras Im sorry to say.

I have been high and low looking for wireless headphones (for my iphone) - I can't believe we are still using wires for something which sits less than a metre away in your pocket OR that the only decent headphones in this category are over £200 - how long have we had bluetooth now?!

Anyway. A friend of mine recommended the Jabras to me on the bus one day, I tried them for 5 mins on my own iphone and thought wow, these are superb. Stylish, clever folding mechanism, touch sensitive controls, sound quality was brilliant and for under £80! I gotta get me some of those... but that was exactly my problem, I only listened to them for 5 mins sitting on a bus, about 2 days later the same friend warned me off them however because the bluetooth connection kept breaking. I thought, nah.. it must be just you. Ill try them anyway. But low and behold it happened to me too.

IF you want to use these sitting still at your desk or in your house these are the best I have tried at this price, buy them! BUT for me a pair of headphones designed to be wireless means they are meant to be portable.. As soon as I stepped outside my house and started walking round, in and out of shops.. the connection is terrible, like a broken record. It must be outside electronic interference or something, Im no scientist, but they literally could not cope with the streets of London. I did not get a continued period of music for more that 5 mins in the 48 hours I had them.

I actually also found them slightly uncomfortable after longer periods of listening. They don't sit securely on my head and because of the lack of a snug fit on my ears I didn't actually get to hear the great sound quality - drowned out by the noise of the underground trains. The design is quite rigid so, unless you have flat ears (I do not) you aren't going to get them to sit on your head without them falling off when you walk up and down stairs. Ridiculous.

Im currently in the process of getting a refund, my search goes on for a good all round pair of wireless headphones for the iphone. WHERE ARE YOU!?

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Google Nexus 7 tablet / Skype, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
Really happy with the Halo2 headset. Out of the box, pairing with the Nexus 7 was instantaneous and effortless. Sound quality is crisp and rich both for music and conversation. Controls mostly work, volume is good, pause/play no problems, ff/Rev not so consistent, but I think that has more to do with the music player you are using. I've been trying a few to see which works best with the headset. I'm also using with Skype on the Nexus 7 and it's been fine. It's worth noting the micro usb wall plug that comes with this headset is European style, not UK. However I don't find this a problem as I use the micro usb to /usb charger that also come with it. In addition, really like the ability to use this as a wired headset if needed - however also good to note that the headset doesn't work wired if it is completely out of charge. Charge time was relatively quick about 2 hours. I can't comment on charge life as it hasn't run out yet. Build quality is good, though I feel I need to be a bit careful when unfolding/folding the hinges. Headset has been comfortable to wear. It is a bit bigger than I would normally want, you'd need a big pocket to carry this in (and I wouldn't recommend carrying it in your pocket) but lucky for me I have a handbag. It would have been nice to have some sort of hard carry case, but that's a minor issue. Overall I really like the design, the comfort and usability of the headset, and so far, excellent performance. Only minor issues for me are the size and some of the controls.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jabra headphones, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
Item looks very sleek and are very comfortable to wear.very easy to connect with Bluetooth to your phone, the sound is also good.You can use them to speak through your phone and the sound quality is quite good,Here are the downfall of these headphones.They have no on/ off button you have to fold them to turn them off which is a pain as you think your going to break them. The battery life is not great you get approx 4 hours and even when you turn them off the battery goes down. whilst wearing the headphones you can't move to far away from your phone or you loose the sound and the headphones become very distorted.
My hubby was going to have a pair but decided against them he went for another brand and I have got to say they are amazing. Not so good on the eye as the Jabra but what quality. He gets 10 hours battery life and whilst paired with his phone he just says the name of the person he wants to phone and they dial. Also has great controls on the headpiece. Brilliant and price cheaper by £20.. Yep you have quessed correctly going to sell these and go for what Hunby has. My advice on these headphones do your research before you buy. You may be disapointed. Maz

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 6 April 2014
J. E. L. Mense (NL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
what a sound, simple handling, good batterylife and nice design.
works good with my galaxy note one
and my laptop

2.0 out of 5 stars They work!, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
So this is my first review, and this is because i want to warn as i buy many Tech and usually so impressed that i feel i don't need to comment but for this product i found that yes i can listen to videos and music and yes if the phone rings i can talk to someone but at the end of the day i live in Chelsea London England and as soon as i step out of the door i cant hear any thing. music and videos has to be in a quite place and phone conversations people say i sound like I'm in the Bathroom.

Now i main purchased them to talk to people as i have a Samsung tab2 for my phone and as long as i can talk to people I'm not worried but as i cant listen to anything in public with videos and music this is where this head set fails.

But on a good note I'm still considering Jabra for my next purchase as i use Jabra at work and will be buying the Jabra Revo wireless as this is more for me i hope.

if you want this product for indoors then this is for you if you live in a quite home but if you want it indoors mainly for the phone i would try one of the other cheaper ear pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
I got this for my husband who refuses to have a hands free kit in the car. Is is ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
I had the original Jabra Halo when they came out and loved them so had no hesitation in upgrading to these, the Jabra Halo2.
For those worried about the fragility of this type of headphone, I can only say that I had my first ones for 3 years and wore them daily on my way to work and only decided to replace them because I like the look of the Jabra2 and yes there are some slight improvements, again no problems, they're extremely comfortable, the sound quality is fantastic and the volume control is a great improvement over the original which was admittedly a little hit & miss, this one however is as precise as you could wish. I would definately recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Good European Headset, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
I think the headphones are a blast. Unfortunately they arrived with a European and not a British Electrical Plug.

- S L O P P Y ! ! !

3.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you're a mac user, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Jabra HALO2, Black, 100-96500002-60 (Accessory)
I bought these headphones mainly because I was tired of sitting at my desk with a 2 metre cable running from my headphones to a laptop only half a metre away so I can't say much about how they perform while out and about.

What I can say is, if you plan on using these with a Mac, don't bother. I have two macs: a 2008 MBP and a 2011 Air, both of them have a really annoying habit of stuttering exactly every 15 minutes. I cannot figure out why, and have trawled the web looking for answers to no avail.

Initially when connected to an iphone I was also getting the stuttering but that seems to have gone away, and lately while connected to the phone the headphones work reasonably well.

Jabra support have not been helpful at all. Typical canned responses telling me to take the battery out of my phone, and remove the pairing etc. My query was actually about connecting to a computer, not a phone. When I got irate about that they appeared to actually read the question but were still no help.

In the end though, I don't really blame Jabra for the issues i've had. I think it's something to do with the Macs and unfortunately I don't have another type of computer with bluetooth to test it on.

The build quality is fairly poor. The latching mechanism that clicks into place when you unfold them feels like it won't last more than a couple of months. The velvet style lining doesn't feel very good, and is already starting to wear after a couple of months of light use.

All in all, I can see what Jabra were trying to do with these headphones but they've really missed the mark.