4.0 out of 5 stars Nice slim screen, poor backlight leakage
This is a nice slim screen with a novel stand which can be used as a wall mount. Great overall picture marred by backlight leakage on the right hand side of screen, which I found spoilt dark scenes in movies. This may vary from batch to batch though. I returned mine.
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by Jeremy Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty stand
The monitor is great but the base stand is dodgy, so the monitor angles down to the right. I have to use a bit of cardboard to get it to sit in the correct position
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by R

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice slim screen, poor backlight leakage, 22 Nov 2011
Jeremy Ward (Whitfield, Dover) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AOC I2353FH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (1920 x 1080, 250 cd/m2) (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, great monitor. Better than many others at twice the price., 17 Feb 2012
Did a lot of research on monitors before I bought this. Read all reviews I could find on Dells, Iiyama, LG's etc. This monitor consistently came out better in reviews on all counts averaging 4.5 stars from the toughest reviewers. I use my computer a lot for photographic manipulation, graphics and building web sites. This monitor is perfect for keen amateur photographers like myself. However if you really want it to perform up to its best(and maximum specifications) I strongly suggest you purchase/use a monitor calibrator to calibrate it correctly to achieve the best results as if your serious about your photography you will achieve much better (true) colour results, especially for colour printing. Negatives. The touch button controls on the base are fiddly and need to be pressed quite firmly to work. The menu is also not all intuitive and takes a few minutes to work out. No up or down adjustment on the screen. (Not many monitors have this anyway) No USB port(s). Not really a drama anyway as they are hardly used on monitors. It comes with two HDMI ports and although it has a VGA port it doesn't have a DVI port. If you rely on a DVI cable you'll have to buy a DVI-to-HDMI converter or cable. Overall these are small niggles, for the price it offers superb image quality and 'Apple' like design. A winner. Am buying another one next week.
5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 14 Dec 2012
I bought this a year ago in December 2011. So far it is working flawlessly. Crisp image, no detectable faults in image quality etc.
The touch sensitive "buttons" on the base are working without any problem or delay, while all the professional reviews I read were saying the opposite, no idea what that was.
The base/stand of the monito as a weird clear plastic "outside" the bottom and side part of it. It is part of the design, do not confuse it for part of the external packaging and try to remove it *cough*
The monitor gets VERY hot on the bottom edge of the screen/bezel. No idea what that is about, but it hasn't been affected so far.

The only negative points are two.. The first is the lack of more inputs, I would have liked an extra HDMI port. More importantly though, at least for me, is the lack of audio out ports. The only audio related port is a audio in port. Yes, it doesn't make any sense to me either. Usually I have a console or two connected directly through HDMI to the monitor and then through the audio out connect it to either headphones or my PC. With this, it's impossible since it doesn't have an audio output. I had to connect the consoles directly (almost) to my PC to get audio. The monitor has built in speakers in its base (lousy as usual) but I don't see how they thought it was a good idea to only include audio in port. It blows my mind away.

Anyway, the monitor looks good, performs even better and is dirt cheap. Great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good panel, rubbish speakers, 7 Dec 2012
This monitor has a fantastic panel and is great for both general computer use and watching iplayer etc.
However I bought this because it had built in speakers and with hdmi connection makes it one less wire and plug etc. The speakers are utterly useless. Tinnie doesn't come close. I was moving from an iMac to a Mac mini so I was used to okay sound but this monitors built in speaker is just awful.
If it wasn't for the great picture quality I would have returned it but I just ordered a pair of USB powered speakers instead and that sorted out the sound issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty stand, 25 Feb 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars AOC I2353FH, 13 Jan 2012
O. P. Pomeroy (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
AOC I2353FH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (1920 x 1080, 250 cd/m2)

After reading a lot of reviews online i decided to take the plunge and buy the AOC monitor even though there was alot of monitors to choose from and i had never owned a AOC product before.

The Monitor design is spectacular, it really is a nicely presented and polished piece of kit and cant rate its looks and presentation high enough. At 9.6mm thick it is a nice show off piece and the base nice and is small however not to small as it doesn't rock like other LED LCD monitors do the second you touch the desk.

2 HDMI ports, a generic monitor port, aux output and a power socket are all available on the back of the base. The 2 hdmi ports are a nice touch as i like to flick between PC and xbox. The base also has 5 touch buttons on them. Volume up and Down, Power, Input, Settings.

The display is a nice vibrate and of a good quality for the price. For what i use it for it is perfect.

The only downside to this monitor is the built in speakers. I didnt realise it had any but it does and the quality of them is poor however i didnt buy this monitor to play sound out of, and it has a aux out port to allow you to connect your speakers directly to the monitor.

5* beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars AOCi2353FH 23inch, 6 Feb 2014
Great product and I've given it a 5 star rating. Basically I found that I needed three screens for ads and web sites etc so bought firstly one of these screens and liked it a lot so added a second so with laptop I have three (depending on your laptop you may need an pluggable USB2 adaptor).

However the power pack that came with the second one after only 1-year failed so I contacted AOC support (u can only do it by email as no number) and said I needed a new pack urgently as it was making working on our web site etc difficult. Firstly (days later) and after sending email chases I eventually had a reply asking for the serial number and a PHOTO?? of the unit as if you could see it was broken ! I sent both but it took almost a week to get anywhere. Eventually I received a verbal msg on my mob saying they (support) didn't think they could resolve the problem as didn't think AOC provided any spare power units and to call back if I needed to discuss it further. In the mean time I had found a compatible power pack on eBay that I got on a next day service. I advised AOC that I wasn't happy with their response and said I'd be putting a comment here but never heard back!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gaming monitor, 7 Sep 2013
pacmantoo (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews
Not sure if it will last the test of time - as the stand looks a little flimsy - and there is an external PSU. But as a monitor - nice budget gaming monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly recommend, 7 Jun 2013
Large screen, great definition, readable from many angles. Makes use of workprocessor much easier and several pages in view at one time

4.0 out of 5 stars aoc monitor, 3 April 2013
Bought this monitor after reading several reviews about this and other products .This was a good purchase and seems to be living up to expectations. Would recommend to anyone wanting a middle or the range item.