on 30 June 2014
I bought this book with the intention of refreshing my knowledge and understanding of English grammar and punctuation; with the intention of improving my writing skills. The grammar parts I honestly found less useful; as I found a lot of it was in essence stuff I already use correctly, subconsciously but without knowing the formal designations. Some of the examples given in the early part of the book were, however, pretty poor and confusing. On the other hand, the latter sections were much better and afforded a comprehensive understanding of the terms and how they relate to sentence structure and written language.

The part on punctuation was spot on. It was exactly what I was looking for, as this was my area of weakness: in that there was some of the rules I realised I was breaking rather quickly; which obviously showed that the book proved its worth to me.

This a book I would happily recommend to anyone wanting to brush up on their grammar and punctuation.
on 31 August 2013
If you work in a school this is a must have book, it really helps to refresh on grammar and punctuation especially if you've been out of school for many years. A great accessory for teaching but really useful got kids as well.
on 11 December 2012
Fast service will packed book. Full of good information to help anyone understand english language. Great for a refresher book to keep on te shelf.
on 19 January 2014
This is proving to be a brilliant choice and would recommend to anyone who has started to write stories or poems later in life as i have.
on 29 April 2014
It does facilitate understanding in the use of grammar and punctuation. I suppose I find it particularly useful because of my modest level of understanding of the English language.
Recommended, and time worthwhile spent studying the contents.
on 14 January 2014
It's very easy to read without grabbing a dictionary to find meaning. You can't expect anything less from Collins. Their books are excellent.
on 8 April 2013
Perfect book just right for the job left school with no qualifacations so need to know about grammar and punctuation
on 31 July 2015
I bought this for my husband as he is not from England and is learning the language I had a little read before giving it to him it seems pretty good although I think it would be better to do excercises with your children instead of just giving them the book unexplained.
on 21 February 2014
This is a brilliant book, very well structured, thorough, a smooth read and very engaging, I very much recommend it
on 14 September 2013
A good guide and it fits well with other competent guides of the ilk. I had hoped for something more cpomprehensive and with more depth, but it was not to be.