Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 29 December 2012
I bought this book to help me understand key aspects of the Nazis Rise to and Consolidation of their power. This was to help with my GCSE exam next month and it offers in depth details and interesting pictures to help understand what was occurring politically in World War One, the aftermath and the Second World War. At such a low price it is a must buy for anybody studying history or anyone remotely interested in it! And yes they only do take about an hour to read, so perfect for a long journey or some reading before bed!

Thank you HIAH and Rupert Colley!
on 19 May 2014
I have read a number of books about Germany, about World War II and the First World War. I have read books about Europe, during peacetime and conflict. Many are thick and heavy and take months to read, or just sit on the bookshelf as a source of information, for research or to answer a topic of conversation, perhaps.
This kindle book is excellent as it encapsulates all the finer points without going into too much detail. It's been kept concise and simple on purpose and it works. If there is a particular section, a specific battle or article, then it is quite easy to read the basics here then add to your knowledge by reading a more complete article, with all the trimmings and finite detail.
I recommend this book to anybody who needs a quick and short reference book for research or just personal interest. It makes fascinating reading in any case...
on 30 December 2012
Good read enough to get your interest and gives a chronological account of a landmark period in history. Lacks detail and leaves you wanting to know more but for a grasp on events in an hour it certainly does the trick
on 3 January 2013
This is a very good read especially for highlighting key information. It doesn't bombard you with information but is written well enough for you to understand the context of the subject. Well done Rupert Colley
on 17 January 2013
There are no deviations off the main facts and you get a sense of it being reliable as a source of factual information. A good revision lesson for those who may have forgotten history from school days.
on 31 January 2013
Exactly as described. Concise, without feeling as though it skims over all the detail. Went and read other material for more detail on aspects I chose to look at more.
on 23 December 2014
I just want to bring a serious error to the attention of the authors.In discussing the emigration of Jews from Germany Albert Einstein was mentioned as fleeing, as was Marlene Dietrich.Marlene Dietrich was not Jewish but was anti- Nazi and helped some Jewish friends escape at her own expenseAs she was a movie star she was asked by the Nazis to make propaganda films which she refused.She did indeed emigrate to America.Please check your sources.
on 7 February 2013
This book, I read in little over an hour. It was an informative, moving read, where I learnt quite a lot of things I never knew. It was detailed enough to give me a fair understanding of the Nazis and Hitler, enough to hold a decent conversation about. I would recommend others read this, and learn about the horrific way in which Jews and other minority groups were treated.
on 18 April 2014
It may be titled History in an hour but if more people was to read this wonderful book they get an insight of the evil that vile regime inflicted on innocent people because they did not fit in to the Ideology of the narrow perspective that the Nazi's and their hench men.
We would never have a war again sadly I look around and we still Genocide when will we learn?
on 13 November 2013
I find these 'History in an hour' books very interesting. The contents whilst only superficial, as intended, do give a very good potted version of the subject, which enables the reader, to seek more detailed information on the subject if it interests them.