on 20 December 2012
I have to admit to downloading this book because it was free for my Kindle and I enjoy the Tudor period of history immensely. Therefore, I am fairly well read on this era but I still thoroughly enjoyed this quick read. I'd recommend this as a really good starting point for anyone interested in Henry VIII's wives and/or Tudor history in general.

I really enjoyed Julie Wheeler's version of Anne of Cleves; some of the books I've read or listened to have not been so kind to her. There are pictures of paintings scattered throughout, which are particularly good for an ebook and the one of Anne of Cleves is one of my favourites and very flattering.

Well written and concise there is a lot of history compressed into this little book.
on 15 December 2012
Love the history in an hour books, informative and quick to read. If you like to read history this is a simple and effective way to get started and highlights which parts interest you most
on 28 December 2012
I love history especially the Tudor Times, so I found this book fascinating and educational. I would recommend this book.
on 11 January 2013
This is what makes the Kindle work....the ability to browse at leisure and pick up books you`d otherwise have passed by. I can honestly say I'd never have downloaded this if it hadn't been free.

As a Scot, 'English' history was covered at school but not in detail and I had never really got to grips with the "divorced, beheaded ..." rhyme. In just one hour on the sofa (more than 40 years after leaving school) I finally got it!

What it also did was what our school history lessons often failed to do and that was to make the subjects come to life - for the first time I was able to think of the wives as real people, and very interesting ones at that.
on 1 January 2013
This book was one of those, it's free so I might as well download it...

And I have to say it's pretty good! I'm fascinated with the Tudor Era and have read a lot about Henry VIII and his wives... and this book is a good intro to the story. Its accurate and touches on the politics of the day, which is no mean feat. Did I manage to read this in an hour? Yes, I think I did. Its a nice handy into to the era, and I'll look out for the others in the series.

The only thing that could have improved this book would have been to cite some sources and to provide a 'further reading' list.
on 2 May 2013
Anyone with a mild interest in British history will surely enjoy this book. The author gives an detailed insight to the wives of Henry VIII which leaves you with even more of an interest in this period of time than when you began reading the book.

This would also be a good book for students who are studying Henry VIII to gain some more in depth knowledge and understanding of the time.

All in all a quick and to the point read which rekindled my love of this time in British history and would recommend the read to anyone.
on 8 February 2014
Loved the Tudor times especially Henry VIII and the info in this short concise breakdown on his marriages was really interesting, it wasn't deep, long drawn out or boring. For anyone who wants to know the basics regarding this subject I feel they would enjoy it. The value for just 99p was worth every penny especially if young people are interested in this subject, I feel Ms Wheeler did an excellent job so much so I have bought more in the History in an hour books what a great idea
on 31 July 2013
Most history books I find give far too much detail when sometimes all you want are the bare facts. (I wanted to read about Richard III once but the book ran to over 600 pages and was so full of sub-notes etc. that I had to give up on it.) This book does just what I wanted and gives enough information about each of Henry's six wives to be interesting and informative. It is very readable and gives all the essential facts without rambling on unnecessarily.
on 26 December 2012
Although I have already studied the wives of Henry VIII I needed an easy introduction when I returned to education. I found this book fantastic, it was easy to read, just detailed enough and offers useful links for further research. It's not the only book you will ever need on this subject if your studying beyond A-level but it is certainly enough for an intro above this, or an all you will need book below.
on 10 April 2013
A friend lent me several books by Philippa Gregory to read, a lot of which relate to the Tudors and one of them in particular to Henry VIII. When I saw this book on his wives I downloaded it and referred to it whilst I was reading the others. It was very informative and I really enjoyed it. Had I not been reading about the Tudors I may well not have purchased it, but I am glad I did.