on 25 October 2012
In general I am very pleased with this watch. It looks quite classic and is easy to read. The only complaint I have is that the bracelet could be longer, I like my watches to be quite loose round my wrist but this is quite tight and there is no way of extending it.
on 22 November 2012
I have weird skin that reacts very badly to additives in metals! I can't afford a gold watch and have to resort to non metal straps that don't last very long on me! I've been looking for a smart alternative to plastic for ages and when I saw this on the Accurist website I started to look for a discounted version (£200 was a bit of a stretch!). I found this one and thought it seemed to be affordable so I took the plunge and ordered it.
Having received the watch, I'm very pleased with the look of it, it does show up finger prints very easily as the surface is a very high mirror shine (reminiscent of hematite) but the watch is very smart looking and easy to wear with day or night clothes. It's face is nice and small, black to match the strap with a tiny diamond chip at the 12 point. It looks elegant and neat. The whole piece has quite a weight to it but doesn't feel or look clunky on.
The strap is plenty long enough for my wrist (I measure it at circa 7 inches done up) and it looks like you could get bits removed to shorten it if required.
The catch is new to me, it unfolds at both sides (very easy to take off as it adds at least another 2 inches to the watch diameter). It takes a little getting used to but it's easy to undo and do up again once you get the hang of it. It's quite secure and doesn't seem to be prone to coming undone accidentally at all.
So all round a bargain for the price paid (£71) and I'm really pleased with the look and the quality of the watch - it's great not to have to worry about replacing it as with it being ceramic it won't be irritating me when the coating wears off.
on 11 December 2015
I bought this watch for my daughter for her birthday, she is absolutely delighted with it. The photos do not do it justice the ceramic strap is black but in certain lights looks silver grey, wonderfully subtle, it is dainty without being tiny, and eye catching without being to bold, understatedly elegant and very classy. I was delighted with the price, the service and delivery
on 6 January 2016
I really like this watch. It is easy to read and has a great secure bracelet. Because of the bracelet opening method it will not fall off when you unfasten it. It fits me exactly so I was really pleased with my purchase. Also Chapelle, the supplier is efficient and easy to contact for returns.
on 5 February 2014
Looks good but wonder if it will wear as well as my wife's RADO. I know it only cost a fraction of the RADO price but ceramic is ceramic isn't it. Only time will tell.
on 3 February 2015
Love, love, love this watch - my present to me!! Classy and stylish. Would recommend highly. Arrived quickly and well packaged.
on 7 August 2013
Lovely feminine watch - the diamond at the 12 o'clock position stands out on the watch and makes it look very eye catching. I think without the diamond the watch would not look quite so glamorous. This is the first black faced watch I have purchased and I am very pleased with it and would recommend it.
on 9 August 2013
I bought this as a gift for my partner and she loves it. It is a nice ladies watch, it's well designed, easy to read (for such a small dial), looks nice and feels good, but it is perhaps a bit pricey considering what you actually get. It would be five stars if it were closer to the £50-mark.
on 27 December 2012
I think this watch is fantastic value for money and looks alot more than what I paid for it. I picked it myself for my Christmas present and was not disappointed when I opend the box. Love it and have had nothing but complements from people when wearing it.
on 13 February 2014
Lovely watch. Not to big but easy to read and goes with anything, Can wear it for ordinary day to day or evening. I particularly like the catch as I am one of those people who loses things easily but this has a good secure catch.