5.0 out of 5 stars Top Talking!, 24 Mar 2013
Davy "Deejay" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
As a fan, I will no doubt be biased towards this album. Anyway, great compilation which is currently doing the rounds in my car for my trips away. I rather hoped one of my favourites, 'The party's over' would be on this album but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. You will not be disappointed in this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not all talk, 23 Mar 2013
Mr. P. Davison "Bramley" (Rotherham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
Great album for the price. All the popular ones are in there but it just needs a couple of other tracks to bring it up to speed. If you already have the Essential then you have this mostly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Take another look, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
My memories of Talk Talk were a bit vague. I thought the 1st single was okay, loved 'Today' and then lost interest. Over a period of time something like 'It's My Life' would catch my ear on the radio and I began to wonder. I can't imagine myself delving into the back catalogue but am really pleased with this compilation and not just for the 1st 2 singles either. It's a firm favourite in the car and vastly superior to some of the other electro/synth inspired bands of that era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
Aptly named as this is essential to any seriously thinking music fan. TalkTalk have had a quietly successful career at the top and this album reflects that and their music never ages. Still fab

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk Talk classics, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
Good selection of some of the best of Talk Talk. Pity that "It's You" and "It's So Serious" were omitted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish all 'essential' CD's were as good as this one...., 3 Nov 2012
BevS (East Anglia, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
You know how it is, they never seem to put all of your favourite tracks on a single CD? Well, this one was right on the money for me, well done EMI. The 'Live at Montreux 1986' DVD ain't bad either.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am biased, but I love this disc!, 7 Sep 2012
Iain Coldwell ""lugnassah"" (Kentville, Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
Wow! This cd is awesome! I am relatively unfamiliar with the music of Talk Talk, but recently heard at a friend's house, Spirit of Eden. Saw this collection so thought I would take a chance. Glad I did! This is a great collection. I highly recommend!

Essential