5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and great for beginners!
Published on 18 Sep 2011 by mr gary northfield

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it was just me????!!!
I bought this book and had read all the other reviews and really wanted to try my hand at knitting some of the projects which looked really good. I've knitted Jean Greenhowe's patterns without any problems but when I tried to knit the pidgeon I have to say I didn't know what I was doing! I thought that it was really complicated and had to keep on looking up the made up...
Published 13 months ago by Rex1

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and great for beginners!, 18 Sep 2011
mr gary northfield (South London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic! It has the craziest, but funniest creations, from knitting your own Big Ben to crafting the Queen herself, complete with cute little corgis. There's plenty of easy patterns for a learner knitter like me to get started on, including a brilliantly useful scarf for keeping your oyster card in. Lauren's witty writing style blows away the musty cobwebs of your usual knitting book, and the bright and cartoony layouts make for a great fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Oct 2011
Laura (REDCAR, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is such an amazing book. Since I don't knit I can't say anything about the knitting aspects but it has so many great ideas. I love how funny and yet somehow practical it is. My grandma knits items to get money for charity and I was sure that there would be something in there for her. I almost wish I could knit now. The best knitting book I've ever seen. Also, just as a side note, the postage was brilliant. I had it sent standard class, it was estimated on the 10th of October but turned up the next day, probably the 5th of October. I'm just generally really impressed.
Also I noticed that the 'See Inside' does not do the book any justice. There a cup warmers, book covers and all sorts of brilliant things that are not shown. So I just thought I'd say if someone sees the 'See Inside' and isn't impressed don't judge the book based on that small snippet.
I hope this helps someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 14 Sep 2011
B. Ellis (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I thought this was a lovely, entertaining book! I think the pigeon kit which came with the book was a lovely touch! I made the fox & I thought the way the pattern was constructed was very clever, he turned out really well. However I am an experienced knitter & I found the instructions quite hard, I don't feel this is a book for beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars bobs review, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Stitch London: 20 kooky ways to knit the city and more (Kindle Edition)
great book i love it, some great ideas and love the way to knit at the back helped me alot and am now better at knitting. funny ideas of what to knit but my kids love them and want to learn to knit like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ideas and a really entertaining read, 21 Sep 2011
F. Lee (London, England) - See all my reviews
The patterns in this book are very clever and cute. My favourites are the mug cosies - very cute and a great idea. My grandmother, however, particularly loved the Queen and her Corgies.

The patterns are mostly aimed at the beginners end of the spectrum (the reviewer who found the fox hard had picked probably the hardest pattern in the book) - however Lauren gives lots of great ideas to customise them, which makes this much more interesting than your usual knitting pattern book and allows you to up the difficulty if you wanted.

Her text is written in a really engaging and entertaining style, which had me giggling away while reading it. The knit your own pigeon kit is a great idea, and is of a high quality (wooden needles no less!)- I am enjoying knitting mine very much!

This book has been a great hit in my house, with my mother and grandmother both liking it as well as me - so I would say it has wide-ranging appeal. Absolutely love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars 'patterns aren't fancy-schmancy and they don't require you to be a sage at knitting', 16 Aug 2012
sally tarbox (aylesbury bucks uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Written by an American, I was quite taken with this little book. It includes the raw materials to get you started knitting a pigeon, then there's patterns for London landmarks (Big Ben, Tower Bridge and a phone box) and 'Little Londoners' (the Queen plus corgis, a policeman and a soldier in his bearskin.)
Things then started to get a little bit more tenuous in their links with London- a stripey scarf in the colours used on Underground maps; book-covers for when you're reading on the Tube (I rather liked the idea of a cover in the old orange Penguin colourway!); a lap-top sock with skull & crossbones which seemed irrelevant as did the 'mug huggers' (links given were that Londoners drink lots of tea. And use rhyming slang so the frog shaped one actually represents 'frog & toad'= road.
There are some cute little London critters- a raven, Underground mouse (think that should be rat!) and fox.
Also some little pendants to fix to your necessary umbrella- I liked the little raindrops, one on end of each spoke.
This might have more novelty for foreigners to whom London is somewhere exotic. But I really liked it too and it would be great for a teenager just starting out knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 31 May 2012
Heidi (Willunga, Australia) - See all my reviews
This book is what you get when you put knitting awesomeness and London in a room together and leave them to it. Love my copy, have my very own Cooey in my bookcase, next to my mini me knit with one of the lovely Lauren's other patterns. Buy it, you won't regret it. Even non-knitters think it's awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and funny, 31 May 2012
This book is very well written and the patterns are easy to follow. I really like how the writer portrays life in London, and the various items for commuters, picnics in city parks etc. The Tube Line scarf is really cool. I would recommend this book for beginners, people who are interested in London and anyone who is planning on visiting.

5.0 out of 5 stars STITCH LONDON, 8 May 2012
EXCELLENT BOOK- I HAD NOT KNITTED FOR 15 YEARS- REVIVED MY INTEREST AND I NOW CANNOT STOP DESIGNING 3D ANIMALS AND KNITTING THEM !! I CANNOT PUT IT DOWN ! (STITCH LONDON: 20 KOOKY WAYS TO KNIT THE CITY AND MORE [WITH PIGEON-KNITTING KIT]) BY O'Farrell, Lauren (Author) Paperback Published on (08 , 2011)

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely gorgeous book!, 27 Feb 2012
This is the book that has finally got me knitting - after many false starts and failed attempts I am now merrily knitting a London Tube Scarf, thanks to this book! The ideas are fab and there are both practical and decorative items. The London theme extends to landmarks, London characters, amimals such as Ravens and Pigeons and I Love London designs for laptop cases and book covers. I thoroughly recommend this book....it is more for the advanced knitter as some projects are complex but that said, I am finding the Tube scarf a perfect project for a beginner!