5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, cozy and with a relaxed pace
Beckett Montgomery leads a pretty happy and satisfied life. He enjoys his job as a architect and loves that he, his brothers Ryder & Owen and their mom run a successful construction firm. There's one thing that's missing from his life and that's a chance to get to know Clare Brewster closer. He has had a crush on her since high school but never acted on his feelings...
Published on 31 Oct. 2011 by Tester

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't we read this before?
Published on 2 Dec. 2011 by Read Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, cozy and with a relaxed pace, 31 Oct. 2011
Clare came book to Boonsboro after her husband was killed and runs her own bookstore in town. Her three sons and she are happy with the life they built and Clare doesn't have the time to date. And she never realized that Beckett is interested in her.
But suddenly things change and the two are no longer just good friends. Will they be able to get their own happy ever after?

Like always I was super excited to read the new books by Nora Roberts and like (nearly) always I loved my reading experience. I enjoyed the relaxed pace, the cozy and lovely setting and the lovely characters. The pace and how the book is built was similar to the books in the bride quartet series which I adore. The pace might be a bit too slow for readers that enjoy fast-paced book, but for me it was just perfect.

Boonsboro is a great place to set the book and thanks to all the little details Nora Roberts added to the story I was able to imagine the town and it's buildings very easily. And of course it's pretty cool that Boonsboro and the buildings described in the book really exist. Hopefully I will one day get the chance to visit the town.

The love story was very sweet and I loved the way it progressed. Especially the way Beckett handled Clare's boys was amazing and so sweet. Both main characters were strong and I'm excited to see more of them in the next two books of the trilogy.

There are two more plot elements in the story and both made it even more interesting. I want to tell you a bit about one of them, but will let you get surprised by the other one. One of them is a ghost, but don't worry, you don't have to be a big fan of paranormal stories to enjoy the ghost. The ghost lives in the Inn and I think her presence fit to the old building and it's history. The ghost is only a small part of the story so don't worry, the book is still a contemporary romance.

I loved reading about the relationships between Beckett, his brother and his mom. Their scenes together made me laugh and smile a lot. I liked all three brothers and I'm excited to read Owen and Ryder's story. Owen's will be next and it's already clear with whom he will get together. I definitely can't wait to go on with the series and read more of the three brothers, the women they love and Boonsboro.

cover
Beautiful!

final appraisal
Loved the book! The cozy, relaxed pace, the lovely setting and the sweet romance worked perfectly for me and made me excited for more books in the series.
I would recommend this book to all fans of cozy and romantic books.

Inn Boonsboro series
1. The next always
2. The last boyfriend (May 2012)
3. The perfect hope (November 2012)

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't we read this before?, 2 Dec. 2011
Read Me (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Ah Nora...you write a decent romance. You have likeable characters, plenty going on, nice small town setting, a good pace so I want to keep reading. However you've now written hundreds of books...seriously. Its beginning to show. I read this thinking 'o yeah I remember the ghost sub-plot from the garden trilogy, o there's the brothers with their business like the Chesapeake Bay series' tsk tsk Nora are you recycling the plots?

All being said its not a bad book (despite the over familiar characters and settings). The main characters Clare and Beckett are good and their romance seems believable, the one thing Nora can always write is conversations - realistic depictions of friends and family just hanging out and being normal. It's one of the things that draws you into the stories. I quite like the Hotel ghost angle to the story as well and hope its picked up in the following books. As ever with a Nora Roberts series the set up work for the other couples is already started - Avery and Owen next? So we'll have to see how that works - and that is the main recommendation really, despite its problems I do want to read the next book. If you want a light read to while away some time then its perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really slow story, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Next Always:: Number 1 in series (The Inn at Boonsboro Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
When I bought this book for my kindle, I'd thought it was going to be an interesting ghost novel. However, it is a very slow love story with a predictable, uninspiring end.

It is about the refurbishmnt of an inn that is bought by a family-run construction company in a small town. One of the family members - the carpenter - falls for the local bookstore owner who is a widowed mother of three. And that is it. There is a friendly ghost haunting the inn but little tranpires from that part of the story. For 300 pagess, that was it.

Could not wait for it to end.

1.0 out of 5 stars So boring, 6 Jan. 2015
Thank God I got this book free.I kept reading thinking it can only get better but it didn't .it was such a flat storyline didn't grip me at all don't even no how I gave it one star.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a Hotel Brochure!!, 2 Nov. 2011
I have to start by saying I LOVE Nora Roberts Novels and have read them all, this is the first one that I have found disappointing. Nora is wonderful at describing characters and settings, and I always feel drawn in, but in this case it was more of a full on ad campaign for her Hotel in Boonsboro. It features wonderfully vivid descriptions of all the rooms, and amenities, and less focus on the characters and their story. So although I now really want to book a room at her hotel, I don't feel that the story has a central role, and the addition of the Sam Freemont character is just in place to fill it out more.

This is the only time on reading a first book in a trilogy by Nora Roberts that I am not super-excited about the next book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anodyne rubbish, 15 Jan. 2015
V. Levy "Victoria" (France) - See all my reviews
I read this recovering from flu - ideal for a boring, non-challenging read that sent me to sleep. The storyline (was there one?) was completely predictable, the characters anodyne, the town perfect (even the baddie came from out of town) - all quite sickening in its sugar sweetness. No social problems, no ethnic minorities, no bad guys shooting up the place - instead, just a group of wonderful, smug, upright citizens doing a fabulous job on renovating a hotel (and even the renovation is perfect, yuk). And a ghost who fortuitously signals the heroine's need for rescue. Ideal reading for the flu but otherwise - no way, Nora!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nora Roberts and the Art of DIY but not how to write a book, 28 Mar. 2015
To be honest I was surprised by how bad this was (sorry Nora, you've written decently in the past). Clunky and superficial description of people - the hotel had more personality than them, though we found out what they wore, hair, eye colour etc. Difficult to care for such contrived mannequins. But really, it was the page after page of decorating and construction details - WHY? Perhaps it was an attempt to attract male readers? It was incomprehensible, and we literally felt like we were watching paint dry.
I always try to find something about a book I like too, and I suppose this was cosy, middle town America that we all know and love, but that's it.
Unrealistic, 2 dimensional people, endless DIY information. Perhaps somewhere after the pages and pages of boring details there was a plot, maybe a bit of adventure, but sadly I had to concede and bin this.
Now I hear this is an actual hotel, so it all seems like a cynical way to plug that. I should have realised.

1.0 out of 5 stars A soap opera on paper - and I hate soaps! Goes nowhere - no mystery, 2 Feb. 2015
For me - Rubbish! A soap opera on paper - and I hate soaps! Goes nowhere - no mystery, intrigue or suspense and little plot. No indication of where the main characters got their wealth, skills or any other background - just a meandering, meaningless story of unreal characters in small town America. Watch any 70's Us Tv soap (Dallas, Knots Landing etc,etc and you would find more excitement. Plastic and boring.

3.0 out of 5 stars A clever piece of advertising!, 7 Nov. 2011
C. Watson (Highlands, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I don't mind paying £6.99 to download a good book on my Kindle and Nora Roberts usually deliveres. I do, however, begrudge paying £6.99 for a hotel brochure.
The storyline with this book seems incidental, the hotel is the "wanna be" star. Room discriptions go into more detail than we really need to know. Mini sub plots on tiles and fencing, I am sure were all very important to Ms Roberts at the time, but really are not needed.
I am sure I am not the only one who has now visited the Boonsboro Inn website and had a peek around. Looked at the pictures of the rooms and compared them too the book. Looked at the tarriff and decided "Nope, I can't afford it". But, I am equally sure there are many more who can and will go stay in Nora's hotel on the back of this book.
So, as a story, it's okay. As a clever piece of advertising, it is ingenious!!

1.0 out of 5 stars ... I did finish it but it was a very poor novel with a very uninteresting 'plot', 1 Mar. 2015
I gave this one star as I did finish it but it was a very poor novel with a very uninteresting 'plot'. The endless descriptions of the hotel rooms, and the work carried out was tedious in the extreme, and as the company renovating the inn appeared to have no other paying work they should have gone bankrupt long before the end of the book!! I will not be purchasing any more books by this author.