Style Name: Electric Blanket|Change
Price:£21.90+ Free shipping

on 11 January 2015
After thoroughly searching Amazon and reading all the reviews for electric blankets I decided on this one.
It was within my price range and seemed to have all the requirements I needed from a blanket.

After noticing electric blankets as a whole come in very small (why is this? No one want's just a little square in the middle of the bed warming up!) I decided on a king size to go on our double bed. I would advice anyone to carefully check the measurements before buying any electric blanket as they do seem to vary and are on the small side. Some of the double ones I was looking at were just over 1m squared and that's no use to anyone!

This blankets fits from the bottom of our pillows, right to the end of the bed, and width ways, fits just over the edges of the mattress. With it being that bit bigger, the connectors hang over the edge of the bed so you're not sleeping with them in your face. I suppose you could always turn the blanket round and have the connectors near your feet, but for convenience sake, I wanted them at the head of the bed.

There's 2 temperature controls 1 and 2. I would have liked a bit more variation, but actually, it's really not needed. We put the blankets on 2 while getting ready for bed and within 5 minutes at most, it's toasty and warm. The number 2 setting feels like an all over water bottle, it's amazing. If I'm sat reading I'll turn it down to number 1 setting but usually turn it off for the night as it gets too warm leaving it on.
I often put in on 2 on a morning before I get up as I suffer from a chronic pain condition and it really helps to take the edge of my morning pain, it's like a giant all over heat pack!

Having 2 controls is great, I can warm up my side if I wake in the night without disturbing my partners sleep and there's no complaining about one being too hot or cold.

I would highly recommend this product and can't believe it's taken my this long to buy one. I think it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Do be careful about reviewing the size before you buy though, I definitely recommend measuring your bed and then checking the size of the blanket before you purchase, or do as I did, buy a king size for a double bed to get edge to edge warmth!
on 14 October 2012
This electric blanket is amazing. I ordered King size and it is. If you want a blanket that dose what it says on the tin this is it!! It warms up very quickly. Some times I put it on when I get in bed and it warms in minutes. It is safe to sleep with it switched on. So not worried about frosty winter nights. Bring it on!! Hope this is helpful to you all. Many thanks to Amazon for another great item.
on 4 December 2011
Works well easy to use dual control and warms the bed a treat at a great price, also fits fully a king size bed not just the middle.
on 3 December 2011
This is an excellent product and good value for money. My partner likes his side of the bed red hot and I prefer cooler we are able to do this with the dual controls.
on 22 November 2012
For the price, this item is great. Whilst I'm not a fan of the bed being too hot, it has dual-control, which means my wife can heat her side up as much as she wants. It has three heat temperatures, with three being the highest (too hot for me). It's such a nice feeling, I begrudgingly admit to not come to a cold bed, especially during the winter. I looked at other items which cost more but thought I'd try this as a level entry blanket and so far so good. If that view changes, I'll update this review.

Finally, whilst the packet says 'double', the item online says 'King Size'. In any case, it fits my Kingsize bed pretty well. I haven't tied it down and it seems to stay put though I think I may put my mattress topper on top of the blanket as you can feel the wires ever so slightly through the mattress cover.

Quite simply, well worth the money and does what it says on the tin.
on 3 March 2013
First off the blanket would benefit for being 20cms longer so don't expect warm feet, if like me, you are tall.
A major issue is the routing of the wiring.There are two plugs which are connected into a plastic connector which is centrally located.The connector is situated between the pillows.From there the cables are fitted with heat controllers.The problem, which could so easily have been solved, is that the controllers are located too close to the central connectors.It means that the switches have to be placed under the pillows and not at the side of the bed where they would be conveniently located.
Another minor issue is that the blanket does not come complete with cords to tie it down.Feels like penny-pinching as they are required.
Lastly, the instructions are so badly written that they are funny.It's as though the translator does not fully understand the English language and the company couldn't be bothered finding someone who could.For instance "forbidden to place kindling on bed in case of causing a fire".
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2015
Good blanket, only has 2 setting but 1 is OK for me & 2 is hot enough for the wife. Only criticism of the blanket is it comes with no ties, it has the loops but no string. I bought the king size for a double and it sits to the edges, the double would be away from the edge so think before you buy.
Delivery was awful - Yodel what do you expect. To the seller do not use this delivery company it is not good for your business to have such a bad delivery partner.
on 6 December 2012
What a superb product for the money! Warms the bed in about 20 mins. Perfect with having 2 controllers as I can leave my side on while my husband turns his off! Much better than our old hot water bottles!!!!
on 5 February 2012
Very pleased with this electric blanket. It's really wide so you don't end up sleeping on the plastic connection boxes, unlike my last blanket. Fits my King size bed beautifully. Great having a controller for each side of the bed. First time I have had one like this, but I think it is a useful tool. If one of you is away, or you are cold in the night, you only need to warm your side of the bed, without disturbing the other half! Must therefore be cheaper to run, me thinks.
on 6 January 2014
I don't often write reviews but am compelled to write one on this awful electric blanket.
Firstly the positive: It gets hot
Negatives:
1) It comes with instructions in a foreign language so you have no idea which side is up/how to fit it.
2) It doesn't have any way of fixing it to the bed (no straps as suggested in the details) so it constantly moves around the bed, needs readjusting and the wires unplug themselves so you think you've turned it on to find that they are not connected.
3) Definitely not for a king size bed - way too short, I get cold feet and I'm only 5'6, my husband gets cold knees!
4) The wires/plugs that connect to the blanket are very large/bulky, and as it is too short they end up being between you and your partner, so someone is always lying on a knobbly bit of plastic.
5) The wires are way too short, prob about 1 metre in total.
6) Doesn't have an over heat sensor, unless my 'overheat' threshold is much less than other humans.
7) Definitely a case of you get what you pay for, cost me £25, I guess you need to spend more like £50 for these basics to be addressed.
8) Had this almost a year and can't bear it any longer - am currently looking at buying a new one, reading the reviews very carefully, which prompted me to write this one.