Having purchased their cheese essentials kit and being impressed, I thought I would try out this ‘tipples and treats’ set… again for myself which seems bad but the last set represented excellent value and thankfully this one has been great too.

The set contains:

1 x Very Buttery Sultana Biscuits
1 x Blackcurrant Preserve with Port
1 x Vintage Marmalade with French Brandy (thin cut)

Firstly the biscuits were lovely and buttery indeed, and excellent with a cup of tea.

But the absolute star of the show for me was the Blackcurrant Preserve with Port, this jam is fantastic and a little bit festive. The port is subtle but noticeable giving a good depth to the jam.

The marmalade was also very nice, but unfortunately was a little overshadowed by the blackcurrant for me.

All in all this is a luxurious little set that I’m very glad I tried. Would make a very nice gift for someone at Christmas.
on 15 February 2013
Bought as christmas gift. was nicely packaged and the product looked good. A nice combo of goodies. Great feedback from recipient.
on 22 August 2013
I bought these as a thank you gift. The recipient was delighted and the contents, preserves included, were consumed within a few days.

The Tipples and Treats packaging which the items are supplied in is suitable for an item destined to be a gift.
on 19 December 2011
Having bought the full range of this product as presents for my family this year I'm impressed by the presentation and expect the contents to live up to this. Excellent packing and delivery. A great gift for those with discerning tastes.
on 6 January 2015
Really nice gift to give someone. I gave it as a Christmas gift and the recipient was very happy with it. It did come a little damaged but not enough that it looked too obvious. The jam and marmalade are a little different that what you can buy in the average supermarket so that was nice. It didn't have a long date on it but I ordered it just before Christmas so it was OK.
on 30 January 2015
Bought for my mum as she loves jams & marmalade...she really liked the jam but said the biscuits were let down...the jam went down very well so giving it 4 stars!
on 20 February 2014
Attractively packaged & much enjoyed. A taste of luxury for a decadent weekend! Melt in the mouth biscuits. Good stuff
on 14 December 2014