5.0 out of 5 stars Video review: Watch it in action
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:02 Mins
I have been a user of Gorillapods for a long time and bought the original version (Joby Gorillapod Original - Black) from USA when it wasn't even released in the UK.

These are very versatile tools and invaluable when you don't want to carry a full tripod with you.

The camera in my video is a Sony NEX5RKB Compact System...
Published on 28 Jan. 2013 by PT

Got this for my Canon Eos-M3 which weighs in at 366g body only with battery attached as it seemed to be the perfect solution to my problem.
Published 2 months ago by CragScrambler

5.0 out of 5 stars Video review: Watch it in action, 28 Jan. 2013
PT - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Joby GorillaPod Hybrid Tripod for Compact System Cameras with Integrated Ballhead (Accessory)
Length:: 2:02 Mins

The camera in my video is a Sony NEX5RKB Compact System Camera Zoom Kit - Black (16.1MP, SEL 18-55mm Lens) 3 inch LCD Screen - which is a mirrorless camera so it is ideally suited for the Gorillapod hybrid.

In the video you will see:

1) A comparison between this hybrid and an original Gorillapod
2) How to use the hybrid
3) The hybrid hanging in different places

Enjoy the video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 14 Nov. 2011
Mr. J. W. Sinclair (Gourock/Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have been promising myself one of these grip anywhere camera stands. This one has not disappointed.
It is well made and good enough to handle a DSLR up to the D90 Nikon size of camera body.
The size of lens used obviously makes a huge difference to stability. All in all this pod should suit most needs of the amature photographer.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... with battery attached as it seemed to be the perfect solution to my problem, 28 April 2015
that problem being I needed a fairly small but compact and versatile tripod for my Mirrorless interchangeable camera which I use for Hiking since normal tripods are both heavy and bulky and usually have problems outdoors on unlevel ground.

Most mirrorless systems which this Pod is aimed at (according to their website, it even shows a Sony NEX system in the adverts)) weigh in at around 3-400g body only with battery attached, then more once lenses are added most likely nearer 5-700g depending on lens, with my 18-55mm lens attached and EV-F the system weighs a total of 570g (the Sony NEX in the advert weigh in at 490g with lens) and it made the tripod very wobbly, even when secure on flat grass a small breeze (5-10mph) made it impossible to make long exposure shots or even taking shots with a shutter approaching anywhere near 1 sec long since the induced wobble simply blurs the shot.

This Pod struggles with these camera systems and IMO are aimed more at small camcorders and larger compacts / Bridge cameras (sub 400g).
It is capable of holding these larger systems but they are not very stable at all.

A better bet for Mirrorless systems is the SLR Zoom which is a little bit chunkier but weighs the same and can handle 3Kg of weight but does not come with a ballhead as standard, I purchased one of the SLR Zoom models and attached one of my own ballheads and the difference is night and day.
The SLR-Zoom model is the same weight as the Hybrid but it weighs more once the ballhead is attached, it handled my Eos M3 and an aluminium ballhead for a total weight of 690g with ease, this past weekend we had some strong winds around 30-40 mph and although i had the camera sheltered in my tent porch i was able to take some nice long 30 second exposures of the night sky with the only blurring coming from the moving tree branches in the foreground.

Atm the SLR-Zoom is available for the same price as the Hybrid so if you have a mirrorless system and are looking for a sturdy platform I would go for that rather than the Hybrid.

For smaller point and shoot cameras and small bridge systems you might be okay with the Hybrid pod.

Only 2 stars from me as it simple cant handle what the manufacturer says it can on their website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 23 Jan. 2012
I was looking for a table top tripod for my Fujifilm HS20, after looking at many others, some more expensive some cheaper, I decided to give this one a go. I am not disapointed, even with the zoom lense fully extended it remains stable.
I like the way it will grip almost everything in most positions.
Highly reccomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorrilapod Hybrid, 21 May 2012
Bought this for my 12 year old who loves it ... both on his own compact camera and when using our bridge camera. He's tested it on all sorts of supports with no trouble even with full zoom. Thumbs up on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 22 Jan. 2012
Bought this as a present for my girlfriend that just got an SLR camera.
It's a lot sturdier than i imagined it would be, and it holds on to literally everything.
When testing it on random objects to see how well it would hold it held onto the top of a door perfectly, just so you get and idea of how well this tripod holds onto anything!
Once fixed onto a position you can adjust the angle in which the camera points i.e. move it to point upwards or downwards, left and right and also you can rotate it left and right whilst remaining at the same angle.
Works perfectly as a normal tripod too on a flat surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, light, flexible, only if it's taller..., 19 Aug. 2013
There are similar products a bit cheaper, but the extra few pound is worthwhile, you will regret it if you have experience the different (my friend had a cheaper version). The keys are the quick release and the ball head joint. Make it much more user friendly. The bubble is an nice to have extra - arguably make it worse from my wife point of view as I need extra time to try to make the bubble perfectly centred ;-)
I consider to give it a 4 star as it's a bit short, but that won't be fair as I know what I am getting. With the balance on weight, flexibility and mobile, this is the right size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Free, 14 Jan. 2012
P. J. Vye "viota" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
I have used this for my compact camera and video camera and it works very well,you can mount it on most things it
gives you the freedom of hands free no shake pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars handy little gadget, 31 Jan. 2012
This tripod is a fair size but still light and compact enough to carry around/ put in a bag. Very easy to attach to the camera and nice and sturdy whilst still flexible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Canon G series cameras and 550/580 EX Flash, 22 April 2012
G. Smith (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
Fantastic piece of tack. I have two one for my second camera Canon G12 and one for my 550 ex flash units. Also I carry a Manfrotto Mobo 785B tripod less the pistol grip head for lightness and just clamp the Gorillapod to the top of it. If I am shooting the SLR I use the two Gorillapods for dual remote flash units. Brilliant how could you possibly be without one. If it is a mega windy day you can even clamp it on your head to keep your hat on ¦)